Sign in to follow this  
PurpleDawg

The Sports Dump

Two things:

1.)Delta's response in that tweet struck me as assholish.

2.)These guys are Salt Lake airport employees...

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a73856e4f02f9209188

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wonder if there's an update since it happened?

Just now, PurpleDawg said:

I wonder if there's an update since it happened?

I haven't seen anything beyond what was in that tweet. It was just posted on Reddit and how I stumbled across it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think I've mentioned before that I'm a big lover of Dan Patrick and his radio show/TV simulcast. Well, since AT&T/DirecTV changed the Audience channel that his show was on to another HBO channel at the beginning of the month, he's moved his show to YouTube. It's a great solution, as opposed to finding another TV deal, since people can stream it anytime and it's FREE. His radio network stations haven't changed at all, just the TV simulcast. Try it out. You can get a look at the incredible man cave (Dan cave?) they moved into last year. It's on 9:00a-12:00p Eastern M-F. Plus, they have a beautiful Yellow Lab studio dog! 🐕

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCORy0Yqzd8bVj2Gb4xyq6HA

• Like (+1) 2

Don't know if it's available to many, but this weekend is the championship round of Canadian Curling. This year the player level is so high it is ridiculous even though the 5 rock rule is now in place. I have never seen such shooting. 

My old student is doing OK...just behind #1 and lost to him by about 2mm once in the prelims. They will play each other again in the championship rounds at least once, perhaps twice, more.

If you like world class curling see if it's around.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

21 hours ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

Don't know if it's available to many, but this weekend is the championship round of Canadian Curling. This year the player level is so high it is ridiculous even though the 5 rock rule is now in place. I have never seen such shooting. 

My old student is doing OK...just behind #1 and lost to him by about 2mm once in the prelims. They will play each other again in the championship rounds at least once, perhaps twice, more.

If you like world class curling see if it's around.

giphy.gif

Have a cold one! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha  (+1) 1

Good God. Why expose everyone around you?! He's been taken to the hospital, apparently.

• Sad 1

YHGTBSM 

Dude, read the #$%@ room. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So is this going to break the internet?

If people can't attend games and they have to stream them all, I am hoping to see the internet go down too. 

(PS. Don't kill my fantasy with facts)

• Haha  (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, frogtwang said:

YHGTBSM 

Dude, read the #$%@ room. 

Did you see the video of the coach sitting beside him bathing in sanitizer?

1 minute ago, Endless Purple said:

So is this going to break the internet?

If people can't attend games and they have to stream them all, I am hoping to see the internet go down too. 

(PS. Don't kill my fantasy with facts)

You just don't want to have to tele-commute!

2 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

Did you see the video of the coach sitting beside him bathing in sanitizer?

Sitting that close, he should have been drinking it.

That coach is an asshole. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

You just don't want to have to tele-commute!

I like my classes.  One school is only a week from their quarterly break - so hopefully they keep the final classes, converting for a week can be a pain.  The other I teach at, has not said anything yet, but teaching graphic design classes online is really really tough, and not beneficial for the students.

As far as taking my classes, I prefer to go to class, because they will just transfer them all to  zoom, and I can't follow along well so it is a waste of my time.  So YES, INTERNET NEEDS TO CRASH.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Looking a little lonely there, CDC. :(

• Like (+1) 3

I am tired of the extreme overreactions.  Right now I only feel bad for the victims of the idiots out there.  The people that were to work the events, that wont get paid.  The waitresses and waiters that would have worked the restaurant crowds that lose out on tips, the hotel staff that comes in for part time work during busy times.  These people don't have to worry about getting sick now, but who will pay their rent, their food, their car bills, etc...

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Endless Purple said:

These people don't have to worry about getting sick now

I completely disagree with this. Everyone has to worry about getting sick.

26 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

I completely disagree with this. Everyone has to worry about getting sick.

I completely disagree with this.

We are always at risk of getting the flu, but we don't shut our lives down, we drive cars and could get hit by a red light runner and we don't shut our lives down, yes, we all can get sick, but spending all your actions over worrying will cause everyone to die from stress related heart attacks and things.  Living a responsible life is a far better option.

PS. I have a good friend with immune disorders that can die from the flu very easily and doesn't shut his life down.  Just takes proper precautions.

But to the original statement.  If they are at work alone or at home without work - less likely to get sick from someone else. They are more likely to get sick going somewhere else that the people are at.

• Thanks (+1) 3

I hope you don't get sick, EP. Really, friend.

If I'm reading tweets correctly, it sounds like the NCAA has canceled all remaining championship events for this year and the Big 12 has shut down all athletic competition at least through March?

5 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

If I'm reading tweets correctly, it sounds like the NCAA has canceled all remaining championship events for this year and the Big 12 has shut down all athletic competition at least through March?

Yes, but I think individual schools have cancelled classes/activities for longer. It's sort of an individual deal at this point, but I think it's about to be "no more on-campus activities for the remainder of the academic year PERIOD" real soon.

I read that as no Omaha.  Hope I’m wrong, but I don’t think so.