Sign in to follow this  
PurpleDawg

The Sports Dump

2 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

Well, from that video you posted it sounds like everybody knows what a few words mean. They ought to put "Omaha" on Peyton's tombstone. :)

But not if it’s real or just a decoy 😝

This quote sums it up nicely lol

“Omaha is a run play, but it could be a pass play or a play-action pass, depending on a couple things: the wind, which way we're going, the quarter, and the jerseys that we're wearing. It varies, really play to play.”

• Thanks (+1) 2
  • Haha  (+1) 1

I love this new tradition at Iowa Football. And, my friend built that hospital! She was the project manager for the whole thing. I'm so proud of her. If you need an incredibly talented construction engineer, who also helped build part of the Staples Center, let me know and I'll send you her contact info.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Quote of the Day
“After carefully thinking through this process with my family and coach Holgorsen, I have decided the opportunity to redshirt this season gives me the best chance to develop as a player, earn my degree and set me up for the best success in the future. I’m looking forward to being part of the success of this program going forward.”
Houston Cougars’ QB D’Eriq King, who will redshirt this season

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Senor Ballistico said:

Quote of the Day
“After carefully thinking through this process with my family and coach Holgorsen, I have decided the opportunity to redshirt this season gives me the best chance to develop as a player, earn my degree and set me up for the best success in the future. I’m looking forward to being part of the success of this program going forward.”
Houston Cougars’ QB D’Eriq King, who will redshirt this season

I dont get this move unless he wants to transfer

• Like (+1) 1

Next year UH plays Rice, @ WSU, North Texas, @ BYU. If they can win those they have a shot to run the table. Probably worth a chance since they are now 1-3.

Fourth time this dope's been suspended...once for PEDs and now three times for illegal hits. Fingers crossed the appeal goes nowhere.

Oakland Raiders linebacker Vontaze Burfict has been suspended for the rest of the 2019 season for his helmet-to-helmet hit Sunday on Indianapolis Colts tight end Jack Doyle, the league announced.

Burfict was ejected in the second quarter of the Raiders' 31-24 win. He was initially flagged for hitting Doyle in the head across the middle. But after the officials conferred, Burfict was thrown out.

The league said that Burfict will be not be paid during the suspension, which covers the postseason as well. The league cited his repeated violations of unnecessary roughness rules in handing out the longest suspension ever for an on-field incident.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27735755/oakland-raiders-vontaze-burfict-suspended-rest-season

9 minutes ago, TCaliU said:

Wow that just sucks

Grinnell, along with Drake, St. Louis U, and Washington U., were members of the Missouri Valley back before what became the Big-8 broke off.  They were conference mates with OU, Nebraska, Kansas, etc.  Sad to see a program with that kind of history struggle ...

On 10/2/2019 at 12:21 PM, Vlade Divac said:

...read this thread while taking a dump

This is fitting, then...🤣

Is this a benefit of that great Adidas relationship, Coach Self?

33 minutes ago, Duquesne Frog said:

Wow.

Gotta impress those recruits somehow.

So, Jeff Long just didn't understand the nomenclature...

"We apologize to anyone who was offended by the Snoop Dogg performance at Late Night. We made it clear to the entertainers' manager that we expected a clean version of the show and took additional steps to communicate to our fans, including moving the artist to the final act of the evening, to ensure that no basketball activities would be missed if anyone did not want to stay for his show. I take full responsibility for not thoroughly vetting all details of the performance and offer my personal apology to those who were offended. We strive to create a family atmosphere at Kansas and fell short of that this evening."

56 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

"We apologize to anyone who was offended by the Snoop Dogg performance at Late Night. We made it clear to the entertainers' manager that we expected a clean version of the show and took additional steps to communicate to our fans, including moving the artist to the final act of the evening, to ensure that no basketball activities would be missed if anyone did not want to stay for his show. I take full responsibility for not thoroughly vetting all details of the performance and offer my personal apology to those who were offended. We strive to create a family atmosphere at Kansas and fell short of that this evening."

NM

1 hour ago, PurpleDawg said:

Ah, wait a sec. So, Jeffie changed his statement because he was getting blasted for his lack of having a clue in the first one. Hard to read in the tiny print from the tweet, but it originally said, "I take full responsibility for not understanding what acrobatic dancers are in today's entertainment world and offer my personal apology to anyone who was offended...." Moron. Snoop Dogg + "acrobatic dancers" weren't a clue that it was gonna be raunchy?