Sign in to follow this  
PurpleDawg

The Sports Dump

On 2/22/2019 at 5:42 PM, Rothbardian said:

Didn't his wife die a couple of years back?

The libertarian in me says as long as there are two willing participants...

Some idiot on the Radio kept talking about him cheating on his wife, I kept yelling "HIS WIFE DIED 6 YEARS AGO YA GOON".

That being said, he apparently has a 39 year old GF. I'm sure she's not interested in his $6 Billion...

• Haha  (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

Some idiot on the Radio kept talking about him cheating on his wife, I kept yelling "HIS WIFE DIED 6 YEARS AGO YA GOON".

That being said, he apparently has a 39 year old GF. I'm sure she's not interested in his $6 Billion...

im-literally-dying-2c4yhr3.jpg

• Haha  (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

Johnny Football kicked out of CFL entirely!

Not meeting required meetings with health professionals and taking his meds mostly, it appears.\

https://3downnation.com/2019/02/28/johnny-manziel-skipped-meetings-required-by-the-cfl-sources/

I just hope he stays away from the new AAF league.

Opinion: Johnny Manziel might be more trouble than he's worth for AAF

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/nancy-armour/2019/03/01/johnny-manziel-might-not-best-option-aaf/3019518002/

1 hour ago, Rothbardian said:

Johnny Unemployed

...redux

Texas fires ex-star QB Young after DWI arrest

AUSTIN, Texas -- Texas has fired former star quarterback Vince Young from his part-time role as a development officer for poor performance and often being absent from work or not in touch with his supervisors.

The move also comes after Young had a second drunken-driving arrest within three years on Feb. 4. After initially accepting responsibility for the incident, Young has said he will fight the charge.

Young was notified March 1 that he had been fired from the $50,000 job "for not demonstrating significant and sustained improvement in the performance of [his] job responsibilities and failing to maintain standards of conduct suitable and acceptable to the university," according to a letter. He had been given job warnings dating back to 2017.

The Associated Press obtained the letter and Young's personnel file through an open records request.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/26210252/texas-fires-ex-star-qb-young-dwi-arrest

Judge rules against NCAA in antitrust lawsuit

A judge ruled against the NCAA on Friday night in a federal antitrust lawsuit, saying football and basketball players should be permitted to receive more compensation from schools but only if the benefits are tied to education.

The ruling Friday night from U.S. District Judge Claudia Wilken in Oakland, California, said the NCAA cannot "limit compensation or benefits related to education." That means more scholarship money to pursue postgraduate degrees or finish undergraduate degrees and items that could be considered school supplies such as computers.

The plaintiffs in the so-called Alston cases were seeking much more.

Plaintiffs had asked the judge to lift all NCAA caps on compensation and strike down all rules prohibiting schools from giving athletes in revenue-generating sports more financial incentives for competing. The goal was to create a free market, where conferences set rules for compensating athletes, but this ruling still allows the NCAA to prohibit cash compensation untethered to education-related expenses.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/26199067/judge-rules-ncaa-antitrust-lawsuit