Sign in to follow this  
PurpleDawg

The Sports Dump

57 minutes ago, Duquesne Frog said:

He was, by the "Veterans" Era Committee, with Lee Smith.  He never got above 7% of the vote from the main voting group, who are the people that put Rivera, etal in today.

This is why I stated above that he wasn't voted into the "real HOF class".

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think I recall that he took a ball to the head that popped over the fence for a home run once, right? 👽

• Confused 2

The third is Northwestern (didn't transfer well in the copy and paste job).

• Upvote (+1) 2

Did y'all see that story of the skinny dude who was hiking in Colorado and killed the mountain lion who attacked him with his bare hands? Name an athlete who you think could do that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

Did y'all see that story of the skinny dude who was hiking in Colorado and killed the mountain lion who attacked him with his bare hands? Name an athlete who you think could do that.

If professional counts, I would probably put up some of the top UFC fighters.

1 hour ago, Endless Purple said:

If professional counts, I would probably put up some of the top UFC fighters.

Some local Fox sports guy put the question to his Twitter followers and got some fun replies. Click the tweet to see what people said. Jamie Plunkett from Frogs o' War mentioned Kenny Cain.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Bruno Ganz, the actor who played Hitler in the film Downfall, and from which our favorite meme rant came, has died. RIP sir, and thank you most sincerely.

On 1/30/2019 at 9:16 AM, angelosfrog said:

pretty impressive. 

141-100 in that time frame a 58% winning percentage

On 2/15/2019 at 2:32 PM, Endless Purple said:

Also need to add Blackshear (the TE under Wacker)  Jason Phillips and Tank carder.

Tanner Brock and Davion Pierson as well.  Remember Tanner making a block without his helmet on a punt return?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Syracuse's Jim Boeheim involved in fatal car accident

Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim was behind the wheel of a car that hit a pedestrian on a highway, killing the man, the Onondaga County (New York) District Attorney told WSYR on Thursday.

DA Bill Fitzpatrick told the station that the man was outside his car on Interstate 690 after being involved in another unrelated accident due to bad weather. Boeheim's car struck the man around midnight.

Boeheim, 74, had coached the Orange against Louisville at the Carrier Dome earlier Wednesday night.

Fitzpatrick told the station that Boeheim is cooperating with the investigation. According to the DA, no evidence of alcohol or drugs was detected, and Boeheim was traveling at the proper speed for the highway.

Figured I'd post here as its only mildly TCU (if at all related)

Article on the Indians Trevor Bauer. He's a weird dude, but kind of charming in his own way. Remember when he and Gerritt Cole just destroyed us in the Supers back in 2011? That was Brutal.

https://www.si.com/mlb/2019/02/19/trevor-bauer-cleveland-indians-training-tools-twitter-controversy-cy-young

1 hour ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

Figured I'd post here as its only mildly TCU (if at all related)

Article on the Indians Trevor Bauer. He's a weird dude, but kind of charming in his own way. Remember when he and Gerritt Cole just destroyed us in the Supers back in 2011? That was Brutal.

https://www.si.com/mlb/2019/02/19/trevor-bauer-cleveland-indians-training-tools-twitter-controversy-cy-young

It was the 2010 CWS, he was the douche that mockingly threw up the frog sign to the camera. 

19 hours ago, frogtwang said:

It was the 2010 CWS, he was the douche that mockingly threw up the frog sign to the camera. 

Yeah, I've hated that guy ever since. Kinda bugs me that he's had a nice pro career.

• Upvote (+1) 1

JUPITER, Fla. — New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft was charged with two counts of soliciting prostitution in connection with a Florida spa tied to an international human trafficking ring, police said Friday.

The NFL owner was charged with paying for sexual services at Orchids of Asia Day Spain Jupiter.

The spa was among 10 shut down in Orlando, Palm Beach County and the Treasure Coast after a several-month investigation revealed women there were in "sexual servitude," according to arrest records.

A detective said the acts were captured on surveillance video.

Kraft, 77, has not yet been arrested on the misdemeanor charges, according to the Jupiter Police Department.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/patriots/2019/02/22/robert-kraft-prostitution-charges-new-england-patriots-owner/2950833002/ 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, frogtwang said:

JUPITER, Fla. — New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft was charged with two counts of soliciting prostitution in connection with a Florida spa tied to an international human trafficking ring, police said Friday.

The NFL owner was charged with paying for sexual services at Orchids of Asia Day Spain Jupiter.

The spa was among 10 shut down in Orlando, Palm Beach County and the Treasure Coast after a several-month investigation revealed women there were in "sexual servitude," according to arrest records.

A detective said the acts were captured on surveillance video.

Kraft, 77, has not yet been arrested on the misdemeanor charges, according to the Jupiter Police Department.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/patriots/2019/02/22/robert-kraft-prostitution-charges-new-england-patriots-owner/2950833002/ 

Didn't his wife die a couple of years back?

The libertarian in me says as long as there are two willing participants...

• Upvote (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Rothbardian said:

Didn't his wife die a couple of years back?

The libertarian in me says as long as there are two willing participants...

Someone willing and someone consenting are not the same thing. 

Mike Leach to teach seminar titled 'Insurgent Warfare and Football Strategies' at Washington State

Washington State coach Mike Leach will launch a five-class seminar this spring titled "Insurgent Warfare and Football Strategies" that will be open to 40 students on the university's Pullman campus.

Leach will teach the extracurricular seminar with Spokane County treasurer and WSU alumnus Mike Baumgartner. The class won't count for academic credit or appear on a student's transcript.

Interested students can submit applications starting Tuesday. As part of the application process, students must submit two essays of no longer than 200 words that answer the following questions: Can the British strategy in the Malaya insurgency be used today? Is the wishbone a potentially viable offense for the NFL? Why or why not?

The seminars will be offered March 27, and the four following Wednesdays, culminating in a lecture that will be live-streamed online April 23.

Leach and Baumgartner "will discuss insights on leadership strategy they have gained through their unique life and career experiences," according to a news release from the school.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/26057093/mike-leach-teach-seminar-titled-insurgent-warfare-football-strategies-washington-state

• Haha  (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Jim Boeheim says death of Jorge Jimenez 'will be with me for the rest of my life'

Boeheim took the court Saturday night for the first time since Wednesday's tragic accident, exiting the locker room with 2 minutes, 33 seconds remaining before tipoff against Duke. The record crowd at the Carrier Dome gave him a massive standing ovation. Boeheim briefly acknowledged the crowd and then walked over to Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski, a longtime friend, and the two coaches embraced.

A message was read by the arena's public-address announcer in both English and Spanish, recognizing those affected by the tragedy and honoring the life of Jimenez, followed by a moment of silence.

"First and foremost, to the Jimenez family, I want them to know how truly devastated I am for my involvement in the loss of their loved one, Jorge Jimenez. The grief and pain his family is feeling at this time is, simply put, unimaginable. Juli, my family and I are heartbroken. I love this community, and to see so many of my fellow community members rally around the Jimenez family is a reminder of how special central New York is," Boeheim said in a postgame statement.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26065796/jim-boeheim-says-death-jorge-jimenez-me-rest-my-life