Sign in to follow this  
PurpleDawg

The Sports Dump

1 hour ago, Radio Shack Killa said:

And he aint dumb.

Meanwhile, Long has shielded himself in case any calamity befalls the Jayhawks’ most successful program. The Kansas basketball program is wrapped up in the FBI’s investigation into corruption in college basketball, and Long has a clause in his contract that will automatically extend his contract by the number of years Kansas is penalized should “the University be placed under any federal, state, NCAA, or Conference investigation leading to restrictions or probation for its football, men’s basketball, women’s basketball or women’s volleyball programs…” 

Let's hope there's less controversy with his tenure in Kansas than with his tenure at the head of the CFP committee.

Montgomery Biscuits@BiscuitBaseball

Want free things without doing much work? Well you’re in luck!

Riverwalk Stadium will be Millennial friendly on Saturday, July 21st with a participation ribbon giveaway just for showing up, napping and selfie stations, along with lots of avocados

Dh2BHLKVMAAmk6c.jpg

On 7/12/2018 at 9:16 AM, Boston Frog said:

Montgomery Biscuits@BiscuitBaseball

Want free things without doing much work? Well you’re in luck!

Riverwalk Stadium will be Millennial friendly on Saturday, July 21st with a participation ribbon giveaway just for showing up, napping and selfie stations, along with lots of avocados

Dh2BHLKVMAAmk6c.jpg

Ha! I heard about that on local sports talk this morning. Super hilarious. And apparently Twitter was getting all worked up. 

1 minute ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

Ha! I heard about that on local sports talk this morning. Super hilarious. And apparently Twitter was getting all worked up. 

Yeah, it's kind of stupid, but it's funny. Baseball has become such a sport for old folks. 

58 minutes ago, Boston Frog said:

Yeah, it's kind of stupid, but it's funny. Baseball has become such a sport for old folks. 

Yeah, its a funny bit, but dumb at the same time.  Baseball's fan base is getting old - they need to cultivate the younguns, not antagonize them.  Maybe an on field dabbing contest, winner gets a free wifi hotspot.

42 minutes ago, Radio Shack Killa said:

Yeah, its a funny bit, but dumb at the same time.  Baseball's fan base is getting old - they need to cultivate the younguns, not antagonize them.  Maybe an on field dabbing contest, winner gets a free wifi hotspot.

I didn't realize napping was such a millennial things. I thought it was for those of us with kids. 

22 minutes ago, Boston Frog said:

Rename stadium after racial slur ...

Which one are they going to rename it after? 

I know, so they took the easy way out and just named it after the mascot.

9 minutes ago, Radio Shack Killa said:

image.jpeg

This was my sister's childhood nickname that my grandparents called her (for some unknown reason, as her name is Deborah). I actually caught myself calling a dog that name the other day. Thank goodness no one else was around. 🤦🏻‍♀️

The Latest: No talk of expanding college football playoff

The Associated Press  Jul 18, 2018, 6:40 AM

ATLANTA (AP) -- The Latest on SEC Media Days (all times local):

9:30 a.m.

The College Football Playoff is sticking with four teams, at least for now.

Bill Hancock, executive director of the College Football Playoff, says there has been no talk about expanding the event.

Hancock at Southeastern Conference Media Days that ''there is no talk about expansion among the university presidents and college commissioners who sit on our boards.''

This season's national championship game will be played Jan. 7, 2019, in Santa Clara, California. The semifinals on Dec. 29 at the Cotton Bowl and Orange Bowl.