Sign in to follow this  
PurpleDawg

TCU 2016-2017 Basketball...The Debut Season

I'm disappointed, but it wasn't disappointing.  We had a sell-out crowd for the first-time ever at the Scholl and the first time in eons, the crowd was into it, we played the #3 team close throughout and, in my view, we played the best we have all season.  But, uh, we lost and you play to win the game. 

Missed the game because had a date night with the wife but judging from the box score we missed Bane.  He had 4 pts, 4 rebounds and a block in 9 minutes.  Looks like foul trouble limited his playing time since he had 4 fouls in those 9 minutes.  I think he will be a difference maker going forward.  Just needs to avoid silly fouls.  

1 hour ago, Full house said:

Who is going to the game tomorrow?  We need people there and loud. 

I will be there, have been to all but 2 games.  I agree we need more people there, and we need to be loud. 

Schollmaier is a small arena.  If just a few hundred more noisy Frog fans showed up, if the students turned out, and if we all made noise, it could make a real difference for the team and be a great environment for all.

The coaching staff and the players are doing their part.  Let's do our part & rock the Scholly.

• Upvote (+1) 3

According to the Yahoo Sports app, the Frogs are a 10-point favorite over the Sooners tomorrow.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The latest bracketology has the Frogs as an 11-seed, playing Florida in Orlando in the 1st round.

RealtimeRPI has the Frogs' RPI at #28 - best wins currently being Arkansas State (#35), Illinois State (#41) and Texas Southern (#57).  UNLV (#185) and Washington (#172) wins not really doing much for us.  They have the Frogs finishing 19-11 overall, 8-10 in the Big 12.

6 hours ago, RedHill said:

74f3bd859a7ff7d6ff01c65371be48a4.gif

This is a great post on so many levels...

12 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

The latest bracketology has the Frogs as an 11-seed, playing Florida in Orlando in the 1st round.

RealtimeRPI has the Frogs' RPI at #28 - best wins currently being Arkansas State (#35), Illinois State (#41) and Texas Southern (#57).  UNLV (#185) and Washington (#172) wins not really doing much for us.  They have the Frogs finishing 19-11 overall, 8-10 in the Big 12.

You never know who will boost your RPI.  And the corollary is that teams that boost your RPI early do not necessary boost it late as the season progresses.

• Upvote (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, FeistyFrog said:

BREAKING: #TCU guard Malique Trent, the team's top returning scorer from last season (11.6 ppg), has left the program, per coach Dixon

I liked Trent as the 4th guard but maybe he didn't like being the 4th guard.  He played his ass off on defense and was aggressive rebounding and driving to the basket but he needed to realize that he is not a great or even average shooter.  Trent was shooting 12% from 3 pt range and only about 36% overall.  I doubt that was going to earn him much playing time going forward unless he quit jacking up outside shots.  Oh well, if Bane gets the 8-10 minutes a game that Trent might have played, then, this probably isn't too bad of a development for the team.  Bane is bigger, taller, a much better shooter and has a much bigger upside than Trent. 

And they didnt waste any time removing him from the roster.....

Went from 11.6 pts and 28 minutes a night to 3.8/12.3.  And was a DNP against Kansas (although it may be he was already gone).  His minutes were shrinking, so the handwriting was on the wall.

I think Williams has been looking good and should be able to spell the other PGs.  

Dixon had a shorter bench than normal last game.  Looks like it will be a seven man rotation with Shepherd, M Williams and Washburn providing spot minutes.

Interesting to learn that Trent has left the program.  Another upside to this is the scholarship that becomes available for next year's roster.  It will come in handy.

36 minutes ago, NeFrog in the Kitchen Sink said:

I think Williams has been looking good and should be able to spell the other PGs.  

Dixon had a shorter bench than normal last game.  Looks like it will be a seven man rotation with Shepherd, M Williams and Washburn providing spot minutes.

I would be okay with Washburn getting Shepherd's minutes.  I think Wash has played better than Shep the last few games I've watched. 

2 hours ago, Radio Shack Killa said:

And they didnt waste any time removing him from the roster.....

Went from 11.6 pts and 28 minutes a night to 3.8/12.3.  And was a DNP against Kansas (although it may be he was already gone).  His minutes were shrinking, so the handwriting was on the wall.

According to GuardianFrog, Trent was on the bench for KU but didn't play. Sounds like that may have been the last straw for him.