Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DirtyThirdFrog

Exploding Sunroofs

Recommended Posts

Driving down the Highway today on my way to work "BAM!" Sounds like a bomb goes off in my car... Well it was my sunroof. shattered into 1,000,000 pieces. Odd right?

 

Apparently its not uncommon.

 

Has this happened to you? or anyone you know? It was a little unsettling for sure.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/07/31/spontaneously-exploding-car-sunroofs-that-sound-like-a-bomb-going-off-heres-whats-probably-causing-it/

 

http://wjla.com/news/local/7-on-your-side-exploding-sunroofs-are-more-common-than-you-might-think-105226

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The internet connects us in a lot of ways we now take for granted, but the sharing of experiences that we wouldn't know of otherwise is one of the neater things. So many vehicles and other consumer items share so many flaws and now we can find out how common they are.

 

My French door refrigerator goes through ice makers. It is an common problem and there's a relatively cheap and easy fix. Just buy a new one online and plug it in. Should be sub $50 and take 10 minutes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, pcf said:

The internet connects us in a lot of ways we now take for granted, but the sharing of experiences that we wouldn't know of otherwise is one of the neater things. So many vehicles and other consumer items share so many flaws and now we can find out how common they are.

 

My French door refrigerator goes through ice makers. It is an common problem and there's a relatively cheap and easy fix. Just buy a new one online and plug it in. Should be sub $50 and take 10 minutes. 

 

Kind of like a bomb going off in your car while going 80. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

 

Kind of like a bomb going off in your car while going 80. 

Well, you were speeding!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, pcf said:

Did you take it to the dealership?

 

You mean the stealership? Heck no. It's way out of warranty anyway. Taking it to a sunroof place tomorrow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you are having sex in the car, try not to kick the roof.

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, weklfrog said:

When you are having sex in the car, try not to kick the roof.

 

Or maybe he was taking a little drive in the country ...

 

Jxy6L1.gif

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Duquesne Frog said:

 

Or maybe he was taking a little drive in the country ...

 

Jxy6L1.gif

 

Well played

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Duquesne Frog said:

 

Or maybe he was taking a little drive in the country ...

 

Jxy6L1.gif

They didn't even have shatterproof glass back then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, weklfrog said:

When you are having sex in the car, try not to kick the roof.

You need a safe word for that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Luke Chisolm said:

They didn't even have shatterproof glass back then. 

 

I always figured that was a bit of an anachronism but that's pretty much Mr. Coppola's only mistake in that movie ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, weklfrog said:

When you are having sex in the car, try not to kick the roof.

Great country song by Billy Crash Craddock...

 

Footprints on the Windshield Upside Down

 

Honey I'm gettin' worried about your drivin'
You must really be stylin' and profilin'
I get in the car after you've been a ridin' round
Find footprints on the windshield upside down

Now honey I had a driver education too
And I think I can drive girl as well as you
I can go forward backup and I can turn around
And never leave footprints on the windshield upside down

A footprints on the windshield upside down
But girl how in the world did you ever make it through town
A drivin' like that don't make no sense you could have a real bad accident
And leave footprints on the windshield upside down

(How you been makin' those footprints)

Honey there's one more thing I wanna say
A girl if you keep on a drivin' that way
Some good citizen's gonna get testy and you're gonna wind up bein' arrested
Leavin' footprints on the windshield upside down

A footprints on the windshield upside down
But girl how in the world did you ever make it through town
A drivin' like that don't make no sense you could have a real bad accident


 

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had 3 cars with sunroofs in my time.  2 electric and 1 an after market pop up.  Never had a bit of trouble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

 

Not even any footprints?

 

 

I dont consider that trouble....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2016 at 5:30 PM, DirtyThirdFrog said:

Driving down the Highway today on my way to work "BAM!" Sounds like a bomb goes off in my car... Well it was my sunroof. shattered into 1,000,000 pieces. Odd right?

 

Apparently its not uncommon.

 

Has this happened to you? or anyone you know? It was a little unsettling for sure.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/07/31/spontaneously-exploding-car-sunroofs-that-sound-like-a-bomb-going-off-heres-whats-probably-causing-it/

 

http://wjla.com/news/local/7-on-your-side-exploding-sunroofs-are-more-common-than-you-might-think-105226

 

 

 

 

I think I saw this in the show Brain dead.

 

Actually, I think that was some guys head exploding.

 

I totally love the show Brain Dead, BTW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Poison Arrow Frog said:

I think I saw this in the show Brain dead.

 

Actually, I think that was some guys head exploding.

 

I totally love the show Brain Dead, BTW.

Then there's the Canadian sci-fi classic Scanners

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...