Sign in to follow this  
old scribe

The continuing saga of Baylor Athletics

The God talk from the rape enablers is sickening 

• Upvote (+1) 2

19 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

Did you see what he said about poor ol' maligned Art after he got his hand slapped by his administration for thinking about hiring him? Stick some stuff in your statement about Jesus and God's forgiveness and it'll get you out of a jam every time. ūüėČ

Dyu2BD4UwAAQYDf.jpg

That is weird. And gross. And weird. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Not directly related to Baylor, but the Houston Chronicle and San Antonio Express-News dropped a bombshell on the Southern Baptist Convention 

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/investigations/article/Southern-Baptist-sexual-abuse-spreads-as-leaders-13588038.php

Abuse of Faith

20 years, 700 victims: Southern Baptist sexual abuse spreads as leaders resist reforms
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I am Catholic.  Stories like this are not restricted to any particular faith.  Nor are they restricted to those of faith.  Powerful people in all walks of life sometimes take advantage of those who trust them.  I hate Baylor but there's a line I won't cross.   

1 hour ago, AlohaFrog said:

I am Catholic.  Stories like this are not restricted to any particular faith.  Nor are they restricted to those of faith.  Powerful people in all walks of life sometimes take advantage of those who trust them.  I hate Baylor but there's a line I won't cross.   

The article isn't about Baylor. It's about the Southern Baptist Convention, which I believe is still associated with Baylor. That might have changed. What's troubling isn't just the abuse but the cover-ups that took place afterward. It's similar to the Baylor story in that respect. Yes, tragically, this sort of thing happens all over. The article is about it happening in the SBC.