Sign in to follow this  
old scribe

The continuing saga of Baylor Athletics

But hey, they won some football games. Just not, you know, a major bowl game or anything 

• Haha  (+1) 1

Ken Starr was on NPR this morning promoting his book on the Clintons and his investigation of them.  I can't find the exact discussion I heard in print on the interwebs but he completely absolved himself of any malfeasance at Baylor basically saying that he didn't know anything about all the raping and that he was fired not because he did anything wrong but because "Captains go down with the ship."

• Haha  (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, Boston Frog said:

But hey, they won some football games. Just not, you know, a major bowl game or anything 

61-58, baby!

(or about $200k/point, not counting Art's parting gifts.)

• Haha  (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Duquesne Frog said:

Ken Starr was on NPR this morning promoting his book on the Clintons and his investigation of them.  I can't find the exact discussion I heard in print on the interwebs but he completely absolved himself of any malfeasance at Baylor basically saying that he didn't know anything about all the raping and that he was fired not because he did anything wrong but because "Captains go down with the ship."

The one thing that would have been great about the Big12 falling apart in 2012 was watching Ken Starr sue all the Presidents and Chancellors of the SEC and everyone else and going after their sex lives because they somehow "wronged" Baylor.  That would have been something to see.

So Baylor loses at home by 13 to a team playing a backup QB who goes 12-for-30, while wondering if they'll be able to go home after the game.

Just thought I'd mention that.

1 minute ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

I need a very good reason to click on a Mac Engel article.  Context?

New testimony reveals Baylor wanted to keep Art Briles as football coach

By Mac Engel

September 17, 2018 01:32 PM

A conversation meant to be in private is now public, and the record now shows Baylor University’s gut reaction was to not fire football coach Art Briles.

The lawyers representing 10 Jane Does against Baylor University proceed with their case that continues to include an increasing number of testimonies from school officials, and specifics the school does not want made public.

Last week in a Waco court, portions of Baylor board of regent member Phil Stewart’s testimony, which was taken on Aug. 22, was released...

It goes on, but really just more of Baylor being lower than whale shit at the bottom of the ocean.

• Upvote (+1) 1

A conversation meant to be in private is now public, and the record now shows Baylor University’s gut reaction was to not fire football coach Art Briles.

Last week in a Waco court, portions of Baylor board of regent member Phil Stewart’s testimony, which was taken on Aug. 22, was released.

His testimony re-confirms considerable dissension among board members about how to specifically handle the sexual assault allegations, the internal Title IX investigation conducted by the law firm of Pepper Hamilton, and the future of Briles.

Stewart testified, “I’m talking about there was a straw vote, and he [Briles] survived that straw vote.”

Stewart said he was not privy to any private meetings between certain board members of the firm. He also said once he was aware of the firm’s deep ties to Starr, he was uneasy about any potential conflict of interest between the two parties.

In testimony taken and released by Jane Doe’s lawyers, Stewart said, “It’s difficult for me to express an opinion as to whether or not I believe that a conspiracy existed among either a small group of Regents and/or certain members of the Baylor administration to point a laser at one division within Baylor University upon which to develop the findings that were presented on May 12, 2016.

“I have testified that I do believe that the investigation did not go far enough and determine the role of the administration in the overall process of Title IX issues, which includes the identification and the resolution of -- of handling issues of sexual assault and student misconduct, otherwise defined as prohibited conduct, far enough. I am concerned that there was an effort to protect certain members of the administration.”

The person Stewart said he thought the school was trying to protect is former Baylor chief financial officer, Reagan Ramsower.

• Upvote (+1) 1

http://www.hooch.net/these-are-the-worst-college-football-coaches-of-all-time/?utm_source=ya&utm_campaign=369597007-9717068007-ya&utm_medium=SPORTS_US_2-ya&utm_content=587c27-34418784478-ya&utm_term=c-KiffinVols21024x721.jpg-n-ya

These Are The Worst College Football Coaches Of All-Time

#15 Art Briles Went From Hero To Villain At Baylor Overnight

art-briles-69215.jpgRon Jenkins/Getty Images

Art Briles coached Robert Griffin III to a Heisman Trophy before the wheels fell off his tenure as the head coach at Baylor University. The team was great on the field, but was so bad off it, their coach had to cover up their behavior.

In 2015, a law firm revealed that Baylor’s athletic department, including Briles, hindered investigation into student athletes accused of sexual assault by female students on campus. Briles was fired and sued the school for wrongful termination. In 2018, the NCAA was still investigating the case.

Mira quién hizo la lista de todo tiempo peor NCAA balompié entrena

Look who made the list of All Time Worst NCAA Football Coaches

Bailure had 2 coaches on this list.

I'm glad the sloppy writer(s) that are responsible for that list overlooked that fine man, exceptional pro coordinator (sarcasm NOT intended), but utterly failed college head coach, Jim Schofner.

• Haha  (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, froginaustin said:

Bailure had 2 coaches on this list.

I'm glad the sloppy writer(s) that are responsible for that list overlooked that fine man, exceptional pro coordinator (sarcasm NOT intended), but utterly failed college head coach, Jim Schofner.

All time didn't go back very far in the part of the list I read. Shofner and FA Dry pretty much have to be on any list like that. 

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Boston Frog said:

All time didn't go back very far in the part of the list I read. Shofner and FA Dry pretty much have to be on any list like that. 

Shofner was bad; that's for sure.  He won 2 games - the first of the season against UTA and then lost 20 straight and then we beat Rice at the end of the next season.  That was followed by 15 straight losses.  Dry was a little better - there was one incredible stretch where we won a game, had a bye week and then won another game!  (We lost the rest).

But the all-time worst TCU coach was H. E. Hildebrand - in 1902, he was the coach and we went 0-5-1.  The internet just roasted him for it, with a firehildebrand.com site and he was run out of town on a rail.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha  (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Jared said:

But the all-time worst TCU coach was H. E. Hildebrand - in 1902, he was the coach and we went 0-5-1.  The internet just roasted him for it, with a firehildebrand.com site and he was run out of town on a rail.

That was the year Billy Tubbs won his first national championship at TCU 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Boston Frog said:

The first of 104 consecutive ...

• Upvote (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Boston Frog said:

The 1st of many.

Dammit.....

• Haha  (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Radio Shack Killa said:

The 1st of many.

Dammit.....

mL7BjY.gif 

Just now, Radio Shack Killa said:

damn, you look old.

That video was taken 15 years ago 

On 9/21/2018 at 11:14 AM, Boston Frog said:

Estaba pensando lo mismo

I was thinking the same thing

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 12:07 PM, Jared said:

I still follow him on Twitter.

Oh, and back to the subject at hand: Screw Baylor.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 3

On Monday, KWTX in Waco reported that Richard Willis, the former chairman of the board of regents, made racially insensitive remarks about Baylor football players and university coeds during a trip in 2014. According to the report, Willis used the n-word to describe the players.

Image result for always deliver compassion billboard

• Upvote (+1) 3