Sign in to follow this  
old scribe

The continuing saga of Baylor Athletics

9 minutes ago, angelosfrog said:

And where are all those people who ripped Gary for telling the truth about that program?  Art is and always has been dirty.  He'll never work in football again.

Couldn't even get a job in Canada!

Sounds like a lot of excuses made for personal mistakes. Many people have bad influences in their life but still rise above that. In the end he's responsible for his own decisions.

Are the coaches responsible for theirs? How about university administrators? 

giphy.gif

Sounds like I'll be reading Sicem365 tonight.  I love the way they make excuses and blame others when this stuff happens. 

The BOR is usually their whipping post.  

OSU is a 25 point favorite over Baylor this weekend.  I doubt Baylor will be favored the rest of the year except for the KU game which is at KU in early November.  Personally, I hope Baylor wins at least one before they roll into Fort Worth on Black Friday.  I don't like the idea of playing them when they're desperate to win one for their seniors and we are one of, if not their biggest, rival.  I still remember when the Frogs beat SMU the last game of the year to get their only win and keep SMU out of a bowl game. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Radio Shack Killa said:

And they'll take anybody.....

Fer relz.

5 minutes ago, crunch said:

I don't watch NFL or ESPN (live) any longer,  but today I watched the piece on Carson Wentz and the boy with cancer.  I knew what they were doing, and dammit, it still got me in the feels.  Bad.  

I am a Carson Wentz fan, from this day forward.  

Cuttin onions?

Yeah Wentz is the real deal it seems.

6 minutes ago, crunch said:

I had to stub my toe on purpose when the garage door guy got here, so I could cry out loud.

How'd my seats treat y'all this weekend?

3 minutes ago, crunch said:

Great!  I don't think we saw them.  I was gonna swing by and tell the neighbors they had extra room, but I got bizzy.  Thanks, again!

Anytime!

Well most times... Not for UT. May be up for Grabs for Baylor.

What's RG3 doing now that he's out of the NFL? Maybe he and JohnnyFootball need to get together and brainstorm a business venture. What'da y'all got for that?

14 hours ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

Not sure it belongs here but a good read about Kirk Cousins.

Quite a few unsavory things said about our old Buddy RGIII by former coaches and teammates. Baylor sucks.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21121399/next-uneasy-marriage-kirk-cousins-redskins-nfl

Snyder may have "engineered" one of the worst draft moves in NFL history by gutting his own draft pipeline for years in order to get RG3.

Couldn't have happened to a more deserving owner, team, and franchise. Not that I really watch the NFL much at all or care to for many years now.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/06/josh-gordon-admits-using-drugs-or-alcohol-probably-every-game/

Josh Gordon, who rejoins the Browns on Tuesday, admitted drugs and alcohol were part of his pregame “ritual.” In an interview with GQ magazine, the wide receiver said he played under the influence “every game,” including college.

“I used to make a ritual of it before every game,” Gordon told GQ, via Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer. “If I had already been drug tested that week, or the day before the game, I knew I had a couple days to buy to clean my system. Even before I was getting tested for alcohol, prior to my DWI in 2014, I would take the biggest bong rip I could. And try to conceal all the smell off all my clothes. I’d be dressed up to go to the game. A bunch of guys smoke weed before the game, but we’re not talking about them.”

After living with debilitating chronic pain for several years, I no longer have a problem with athletes smoking weed.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/25/2017 at 4:49 AM, PurpleDawg said:

What's RG3 doing now that he's out of the NFL? Maybe he and JohnnyFootball need to get together and brainstorm a business venture. What'da y'all got for that?

They both have experience causing people to go into crippling debt to finance tasteless, overambitious construction projects, so I’m thinking they could be contractors who specialize in building McMansions.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha  (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Newbomb Turk said:

They both have experience causing people to go into crippling debt to finance tasteless, overambitious construction projects, so I’m thinking they could be contractors who specialize in building McMansions.

That's what I'm talking about! 

59 minutes ago, Black-it-out-Frog! said:

$10K per month selling drugs?

Anybody can do that.

I made more than that selling shitty lumber.

That takes....

brass-balls-o.gif

• Haha  (+1) 1

I've learned sophomore QB @thezach_smith has decided to transfer from #Baylor and will make it official soon. He's begun the process of getting his release. Smith, was 221-397 passing for 2,997-yards, 21-TD's in 19-games after a record-breaking career at Grandview HS. #CFB #NCAA

•  

The transfer of Zach Smith will leave #Baylor with one scholarship QB on campus at this time. Obviously, they've targeted a QB for Class of '18 and almost imperative someone signs on December 20th to be on campus for spring workouts.