Sign in to follow this  
old scribe

The continuing saga of Baylor Athletics

11 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

A couple of those slimeballs are still questioning the motives and morals of the "victims" (their quotes). I can just imagine these older, loud, know-it-all white men (racist? maybe) sitting around the Waco Dairy Queen in the afternoon drinking their iced tea talking together. "Them girls had it coming going out with those black boys. What'd they think would happen?" Sad, but y'all know I'm mostly right. There are still people like that in the tall grass around Wacko.

I hope old white men that prefer the Oreo Blizzard over iced tea don't count :-)

36 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

Well, I do give her credit for standing by her dad. She probably didn't know he was as corrupt at work as he has turned out to be. However, if she's still holding firm with his version of the facts, she's just blind.

I don't buy it. She was in the thick of things, being his daughter, her brother being on staff, and being married to one of his assistant coaches. Their whole little circle of coverup had to include her, given her multiple connections at the highest levels. Anyone on social media that questioned anything about their program was vehemently attacked on by her.

If she truly didn't know, then she is as dumb as a fence post and should be thankful that breathing is an involuntary action.

1 minute ago, Feeling Froggy said:

I don't buy it. She was in the thick of things, being his daughter, her brother being on staff, and being married to one of his assistant coaches. Their whole little circle of coverup had to include her, given her multiple connections at the highest levels. Anyone on social media that questioned anything about their program was vehemently attacked on by her.

If she truly didn't know, then she is as dumb as a fence post and should be thankful that breathing is an involuntary action.

Likely one of the two...

1 minute ago, Feeling Froggy said:

Exactly!

44 minutes ago, RedHill said:

NNM 
NNM is online nowUNM/BU fanreputation_pos.png (3 points)

Quote Originally Posted by Rbay1980 View Post
If we never had a winning team, would these issues still be swept under the rug because no one was paying attention?
At the end of the day, there may be no winning team. It appears that, had the proper procedures been followed, players that played and helped secure those wins should have been ineligible. BU may end up vacating those wins. That may mean no conference championships and, yes, no 61-58.

frank-underwood-you-are-entitle-to-nothi

20 minutes ago, RedHill said:

I hope old white men that prefer the Oreo Blizzard over iced tea don't count :-)

Blizzard lovers are the darn salt of the Earth, RH! I'll have my Butterfinger Blizzard with chocolate ice cream, please.

14 minutes ago, Boston Frog said:

So ... they're still talking about 61-58? Even after 62? Oh, and all the rape stuff? 

They'll be talking about that for centuries.  But, uh, this century, we're 6-3 over Baylor, despite their recent success, and we're 3-2 over them in the Big12 during the greatest success in their history, including their rape-enabling #CAB years.

3 hours ago, Jared said:

They'll be talking about that for centuries.  But, uh, this century, we're 6-3 over Baylor, despite their recent success, and we're 3-2 over them in the Big12 during the greatest success in their history, including their rape-enabling #CAB years.

And GP beat Briles a few times when Briles was at Houston 

The NCAA is now reportedly looking into aspects of the sexual assault scandal at Baylor.

Citing a source, ESPN's Outside the Lines reported Friday that members of the NCAA enforcement staff have talked to former Baylor administrators as well as some of the victims of sexual assault by Baylor football players to see if any NCAA violations may have occurred. As a general rule, the NCAA does not comment on inquiries or pending investigations.

The report comes after a court filing in a libel case against Baylor officials by a Colin Shillinglaw, formerly the director of football operations under fired coach Art Briles. Baylor officials indicated in the filing that Briles and his staff attempted to hide crimes and misconduct by football players.

"The football program was a black hole into which reports of misconduct such as drug use, physical assault, domestic violence, brandishing of guns, indecent exposure and academic fraud disappeared," the court filing said.

While the NCAA has avoided getting involved in legal matters since a backlash for its actions in the Jerry Sandusky scandal at Penn State, allegations of academic fraud would definitely fall into the NCAA's traditional role.

The court filing also indicated that Briles personally lobbied then-President Ken Starr with defensive end Tevin Elliott facing suspension over a plagiarism charge.

"The unusual request by Coach Briles triggered concern among top Baylor administrators, who complained to President Starr and among themselves that overturning Elliott's suspension after the appeal deadline would send a message that athletes were above the rules," the filing read.

Elliott, who was already implicated in two alleged sexual assaults, was sentenced to 20 years in prison in 2014 after being found guilty of two counts of sexual assault.

ESPN indicated that another NCAA inquiry angle could be providing legal aid and advice, which might constitute extra benefits.

Baylor eventually ousted Briles, Starr and athletic director Ian McCaw last year following a university investigation conducted by the Pennsylvania law firm Pepper Hamilton. School officials notified the NCAA of the findings in the investigation and pledged cooperation.

Big 12 Commissioner Bob Bowlsby, who did not immediately return phone messages, told ESPN that the conference would wait to see what action the NCAA takes.

"We have some tools at our disposal," Bowlsby said, "but I think there's a right time to use those and a right situation to use them, and it's an ongoing process."

Twitter: @ChuckCarltonDMN

56 minutes ago, SuperToad said:

The NCAA is now reportedly looking into aspects of the sexual assault scandal at Baylor.

Citing a source, ESPN's Outside the Lines reported Friday that members of the NCAA enforcement staff have talked to former Baylor administrators as well as some of the victims of sexual assault by Baylor football players to see if any NCAA violations may have occurred. As a general rule, the NCAA does not comment on inquiries or pending investigations.

The report comes after a court filing in a libel case against Baylor officials by a Colin Shillinglaw, formerly the director of football operations under fired coach Art Briles. Baylor officials indicated in the filing that Briles and his staff attempted to hide crimes and misconduct by football players.

"The football program was a black hole into which reports of misconduct such as drug use, physical assault, domestic violence, brandishing of guns, indecent exposure and academic fraud disappeared," the court filing said.

While the NCAA has avoided getting involved in legal matters since a backlash for its actions in the Jerry Sandusky scandal at Penn State, allegations of academic fraud would definitely fall into the NCAA's traditional role.

The court filing also indicated that Briles personally lobbied then-President Ken Starr with defensive end Tevin Elliott facing suspension over a plagiarism charge.

"The unusual request by Coach Briles triggered concern among top Baylor administrators, who complained to President Starr and among themselves that overturning Elliott's suspension after the appeal deadline would send a message that athletes were above the rules," the filing read.

Elliott, who was already implicated in two alleged sexual assaults, was sentenced to 20 years in prison in 2014 after being found guilty of two counts of sexual assault.

ESPN indicated that another NCAA inquiry angle could be providing legal aid and advice, which might constitute extra benefits.

Baylor eventually ousted Briles, Starr and athletic director Ian McCaw last year following a university investigation conducted by the Pennsylvania law firm Pepper Hamilton. School officials notified the NCAA of the findings in the investigation and pledged cooperation.

Big 12 Commissioner Bob Bowlsby, who did not immediately return phone messages, told ESPN that the conference would wait to see what action the NCAA takes.

"We have some tools at our disposal," Bowlsby said, "but I think there's a right time to use those and a right situation to use them, and it's an ongoing process."

Twitter: @ChuckCarltonDMN

Sadly, I don't expect much. If there's any program that deserved massive penalties, it's Baylor - total lack of institutional control. As I've continued to say, Baylor has no right being involved in major college athletics. They've cheated for far too long.

Baylor fans, for the most part, have finally seen the light.

It would have been hard for CAB to not know something. But those texts... damn.

CAB, dont let the door split you up your backside as it reams you repeatedly 

Baylor - get that money back. Every penny.

I personally know several of the MSU Coaches... what The Baylor Team did that week was an embarrassment to us all... the final score was just the end result of the entire rotten stinking leadership 

seen too much over the Briles years.. Illinois coach reaming his ass for bush league crap.. that punk Armistad (sp?) personal foul TD toss... the nugs being FORCED to dance... dress code and the Coaches dressing like the People of Walmart... countless tantrums, taunting and personal fouls on and on...

Low rent.. WE SOLD OUT TO THE FAUSTIAN DEAL OF DEVILS

Mothra, what bothers you the most is not Thee or Stovepipe... It's that the little fat guy in the Frog shirt from Ft. Worth was 100% spot-on.

Don't even go there. Briles loved "Playing with a chip on his shoulder" as he called it. It wasn't a chip... it was total disregard for what is right and wrong. When 27 scholarship offers were withdrawn from Cordell Dorsey, and only one remained... you condone that crap? I'll give Baylor players credit. It took them just a few weeks to run off the scumbag.

http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320335&page=2

I personally know several of the MSU Coaches... what The Baylor Team did that week was an embarrassment to us all... the final score was just the end result of the entire rotten stinking leadership 

What did they do?  

I missed it or forgot it

1 minute ago, RedHill said:

What did they do?  

I missed it or forgot it

Trash talked and ran their mouths all week long. MSU coaches said they had never seen anything like it.  

4 hours ago, shenanigans said:

Sadly, I don't expect much. If there's any program that deserved massive penalties, it's Baylor - total lack of institutional control. As I've continued to say, Baylor has no right being involved in major college athletics. They've cheated for far too long.

What are you talking about -- lack of institutional control?

The institution WAS in control.  In control of Briles bringing in criminal recruits; in control of shielding criminal behavior from public knowledge and law enforcement.  The institution wanted a championship.

Baylor built the American Standard Stadium on property that was originally, supposedly acquired to attract George W's presidential library.  I bet the Bush family is counting their blessings that their name is not associated with this BU shiitstorm.

Good article about possible NCAA and Big12 response by Outside The Lines reporter. 

"Big 12 Commissioner Bob Bowlsby, speaking Friday while at a regularly scheduled conference board meeting in Dallas, said the scandal at the Baptist university in Waco, Texas, "just continues to ooze."

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18615626/ncaa-continues-investigate-potential-rules-violations-baylor-bears

http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320335&page=4

I've know about all the stuff that came out yesterday for 6 months now. I can promise you that you just got the butter and crackers, the main course is still in the briefcase. Frogs, Aggies, Gary Patterson... even they will be shocked if the rest needs to come out. Before Art's cronies get too rambunctious, they need to ask them self ... what's on that cell phone. Believe me, this will boil over way outside of Baylor dealings.