Sign in to follow this  
pcf

West Ham Leaves Boleyn

On May 6, 2016 at 8:32 AM, Duquesne Frog said:

West Ham have really lost their heads over this decision ...

Aragon need a new stadium , but this ain't Boleyn, it's soccer.  Before reaching any conclusions, we'll need to Seymour, but they've Cleved their association, that's for sure.  Howard they supposed to do anything different?  This is Parr for the course.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Kellen Moore has big teeth.  Like a horse.

This is what I am saying.

8 minutes ago, Newbomb Turk said:

Kellen Moore has big teeth.  Like a horse.

This is what I am saying.

Now THAT is what they call a non-sequitur.

I am reserving further comment until our resident Hammers fan chimes in.

This is a club owner move (don't get me started on Sullivan an Gold). Selling the clubs soul and heart. I get it though.. Most of the newer waves of fans do not consider Boylen a proper soccer ground (even though it is).. Facilities are trashy and surrounding area is a dump. It will be missed by their true fans. That being said, West Ham has a shot at a top 4 finish (Champions league qualifications on the line). A possible 40 mil pound offer on Batshuayi.. They've put themselves in a challenging position possibly for the next several years to come.. May be a new era of Hammers. Unfortunate to see such a history filled stadium go though.

I avoid Upton Park so don't know much about it but they definitely could use the housing. Developers are going to make a killing converting the area of the stadium to housing. Stratford is much nicer...

Sad and beautiful. I'm so glad I got to see a match there. I love that place. Thanks for posting this. 

10 minutes ago, Chee said:

The Dr Who museum is right around the corner. 

http://www.thewhoshop.com/

Never been out there. We hit the Dr Who Experience a few times. Once in London and then in Cardiff. While I don't care a bit about seeing someone's actual scarf, it is neat to see the creative and technical process laid out and how they combine. 

On 5/6/2016 at 4:14 PM, RiffRam said:

This is a club owner move (don't get me started on Sullivan an Gold). Selling the clubs soul and heart. I get it though.. Most of the newer waves of fans do not consider Boylen a proper soccer ground (even though it is).. Facilities are trashy and surrounding area is a dump. It will be missed by their true fans. That being said, West Ham has a shot at a top 4 finish (Champions league qualifications on the line). A possible 40 mil pound offer on Batshuayi.. They've put themselves in a challenging position possibly for the next several years to come.. May be a new era of Hammers. Unfortunate to see such a history filled stadium go though.

I think these sort of stories have an emotional impact we can understand even if we're unaffected because we've all had something we love go from quaint to corporate or from time honored to brand new. We can usually accept it, but there's still a sense of loss.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sentimentality towards a building is waste of good emotion.  Memories arent in the brick, theyre in the heart.

56 minutes ago, Radio Shack Killa said:

Sentimentality towards a building is waste of good emotion.  Memories arent in the brick, theyre in the heart.

It isn't the building; it is the atmosphere. Maybe we can have your emotion chip updated to take in more data. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Duquesne Frog said:

More than could be said of Anne ...

Much more, although her connection to the area was tangential at best. 

47 minutes ago, Boston Frog said:

Much more, although her connection to the area was tangential at best. 

She was disconnected?

3 hours ago, FeistyFrog said:

She was disconnected?

From her head.

She might have loved in a nearby (since destroyed) castle for a whole ... or she might not have 

38 minutes ago, FeistyFrog said:

West Ham fans destroy Man U bus, there is a reas I avoid that area and team wanted out.

Do you get to East London often?

The club wanted to sell 50,000 season tickets instead of 25,000 ... and it has.