Sign in to follow this  
DirtyThirdFrog

DirtyThird's Dating Thread

2 hours ago, Boston Frog said:

What about the very real possibility that SFA knows SFA Girl? 

Probably not

1 hour ago, Boston Frog said:

I think pcf is winding you up 

Luckily, I haven't reached his red flag potential yet. I only have three fur babies.

6 hours ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

There has been some shakeup... 

Basically every girl from the original list is gone... The only one I felt bad about was only child. She was so sweet and such a kind person. But I just didn't feel it, ya know?

New ones added.

Neighbor- Met her when I first moved in 6 months ago. Didn't think much. It was dark and she had two dogs. Kind of has a resting B face. But I saw her Saturday unloading her car, I was a couple bourbons deep, so I invited her over to watch the masters. I think I caught her off guard she said "maybe". 45 mins later she was  knocking on my door. We spent all evening together then went to dinner. Super cool. Smart. UT Grad, big spurs fan. Gorgeous. Tall. Dad is retired AF. 32. Seems like she has her shit together. But she has 2 dogs and is fostering another one. That's aggressive. Hung out with her last night too. So far I'm digging her. Being a neighbor can make it dicey, however.

SFA Girl- Met her at the SFA/ ND basketball watch party. She's fun. Is a part time actress and works at a law firm. Was hanging out with her a bunch for a while but now her play is in production so it takes up her weekends and I think she's really stressed.

It isn't my call. I am very happily married. I'm pretty sure from what I have read that I would go for your neighbor. SFA Girl is not my type. 

31 minutes ago, Luke Chisolm said:

I'd like her phone number. 

Bad Luke.  She's still on his radar.  and you know how he feels about people dating more than one person at the same time.

1 hour ago, $mooth said:

Bad Luke.  She's still on his radar.  and you know how he feels about people dating more than one person at the same time.

I can wait. He'll be onto the next one soon!

17 hours ago, pcf said:

Spurs fan is a turn off. 

Agree

17 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

Being a dog lover/rescuer is aggressive? You're weird. And, why look for things that will make a relationship "dicey"? You like her right now, she's into you apparently. Let it grow or wither on its own. See what happens.

Avoid the actress. Drama will ensue.

No. But I have a dog too... if I were to bring Brody over there for an evening or vice versa. That would be 4 dogs running around.

And dicey because what if she falls hard, it doesn't workout then I start having other people to my house. She lives literally across the street from me. Her Bedroom window looks at my garage. 

16 hours ago, Boston Frog said:

She came over to watch the Masters? Or Masters and chill? 

You get the point. Well played

15 hours ago, Duquesne Frog said:

So is law firm ...

Agree... TCU ex is an attorney. NEVER again.

12 hours ago, AlohaFrog said:

It isn't my call. I am very happily married. I'm pretty sure from what I have read that I would go for your neighbor. SFA Girl is not my type. 

So wise Aloha 

3 hours ago, Luke Chisolm said:

I'd like her phone number. 

Haha. She's a looker, AND she likes golf?

Plus is she isn't even that big of a UT football fan.

3 hours ago, $mooth said:

Rude. I should have never told you that.

33 minutes ago, crunch said:

You're doing it wrong, DTF.  Way overthinking and analyzing and judging.  Just live your life, have fun, be kind, and do it like they do on the Discovery Channel.  Everything will work out.  And if it doesn't, it still will.  

Nah, you're right. I agree. And I'm trying not over analyze. And I'm really not. Might be coming off this way here.

Neighbor and I did the discovery channel thing last night. Not bad.

16 minutes ago, RedHill said:

I think crunch is on to something there.  Falling in love happens.  Planning love not so much.  Enjoy the dating scene and when you meet the future Mrs DTF, you'll know it in your heart. Until then, enjoy the ride and remember the battle cry "quit that grinnin' and drop that linen"

LOL. Good advice.

2 hours ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

No. But I have a dog too... if I were to bring Brody over there for an evening or vice versa. That would be 4 dogs running around.

And dicey because what if she falls hard, it doesn't workout then I start having other people to my house. She lives literally across the street from me. Her Bedroom window looks at my garage. 

If she's into dog rescue and has multiple dogs in her house right now, she'll know how to handle adding Brody to the mix once in a while. I can't tell you the number of times I've had a dozen or more dogs at my house for a social event or gone to somebody else's place with the same. Just introduce everyone outside in a fenced yard off-leash and it'll be good. Just trust that she can handle it and you don't have to worry and get tense about it. The dogs will definitely pick up on it if you're stressed when they meet.

I think you project too far ahead, too. What's to say that she won't dump your ass and you'll be the one crying in your bourbon when you see her with somebody new at her house? I like that you didn't go looking for this one and that she's literally been right across the street from you for several months. Don't screw it up, baby.

24 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

If she's into dog rescue and has multiple dogs in her house right now, she'll know how to handle adding Brody to the mix once in a while. I can't tell you the number of times I've had a dozen or more dogs at my house for a social event or gone to somebody else's place with the same. Just introduce everyone outside in a fenced yard off-leash and it'll be good. Just trust that she can handle it and you don't have to worry and get tense about it. The dogs will definitely pick up on it if you're stressed when they meet.

I think you project too far ahead, too. What's to say that she won't dump your ass and you'll be the one crying in your bourbon when you see her with somebody new at her house? I like that you didn't go looking for this one and that she's literally been right across the street from you for several months. Don't screw it up, baby.

Come on PD. girls don't dump me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

Come on PD. girls don't dump me.

:D

1 hour ago, PurpleDawg said:

Stick to your standards DTF.  You don't want to be "dogged" your whole life playing second fiddle to social services for dogs. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lol... keeping me honest.

Made it "official" with crazy dog lady neighbor about 2 months ago. She's pretty cool... def has her quirks (who doesn't) but I'm happy. The neighbor thing is a blessing and a curse.

Brought her to thanksgiving. Mom liked her so thats good. We booked a trip to the DR in January. Used her miles, I paid for Hotel... hopefully we dont break up before then.

She's a UT grad, but thankfully not a super fan... was a good sport during the game last week. Spurs on the other hand... dont mess with her Spurs.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also, she's good breeding stock... All state soccer player in HS and played a year at UT before blowing her knee out. Her dad actually grew up in the same Ohio town as my dad and he played football at Miami of Ohio. She's 5'9" blonde, blue eyes.

Hopefully will help me create a future TCU Free Safety. 

13 minutes ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

Lol... keeping me honest.

Made it "official" with crazy dog lady neighbor about 2 months ago. She's pretty cool... def has her quirks (who doesn't) but I'm happy. The neighbor thing is a blessing and a curse.

Brought her to thanksgiving. Mom liked her so thats good. We booked a trip to the DR in January. Used her miles, I paid for Hotel... hopefully we dont break up before then.

She's a UT grad, but thankfully not a super fan... was a good sport during the game last week. Spurs on the other hand... dont mess with her Spurs.

San Antonio or Tottenham? One's fine. The other is an absolute deal breaker. 

16 minutes ago, Boston Frog said:

San Antonio or Tottenham? One's fine. The other is an absolute deal breaker. 

San Antonio

• Upvote (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, crunch said:

Just remember, behind every beautiful, successful woman, there is a guy tired of her shit.  

Yep... been there.

By "made it official", what, exactly, does that mean? And, why do you call her crazy dog lady? I know you said she loves dogs, but why crazy? 

I'm so happy you're happy and mama approves!