Sign in to follow this  
DirtyThirdFrog

DirtyThird's Dating Thread

1 hour ago, PurpleDawg said:

I think FW definitely has a charm that many cities of the same size lack and definitely larger cities lack. You'd love the neighborhoods of Portland, pcf. Each has a personality and mom and pop places prevail. "Buy Local" is the mantra. Sure, there are big box stores and franchises. But, in the interior of Portland the little guy is doing well. 

Like Seattle. You can tell that the neighborhoods used to be small towns. Honolulu was once like that but we are being Californiaized. 

The Boston area is really just a big conglomeration of suburbs. There are only 600,000 people in Boston. The rest of the several million around here live in the burbs or small cities (Lowell has 100,000 people). 

Everything I know about Boston I learned on a day visit on a New England cruise and from watching Charles Emmerson Winchester III on MASH reruns. 

12 minutes ago, AlohaFrog said:

Everything I know about Boston I learned on a day visit on a New England cruise and from watching Charles Emmerson Winchester III on MASH reruns. 

He's old-school Boston. Not many like him left. Almost none. Hawkeye was supposed to be from Maine. 

2 minutes ago, crunch said:

/end thread

Did somebody mention Hitler? 

1 minute ago, crunch said:

/end thread

Should have ended before it be began. Had there been such a thing when I was his age (remember I was fresh out of the Navy, was working, and was a student), it would have read:

Hot Vietnamese student likes me. Her father says he'll disown her if she doesn't stop seeing me. I am not Vietnamese. 

Hot date with a Mexican girl. Gorgeous girl. Dumb as a rock.

Nice girl from Peru. Smart. Good student. Took her out. All she wants to do is dance. I hate dancing. 

Cute Bolivian student. Smart. Wealthy family. Eating disorder. I buy her a nice dinner. She purges. 

Hot blond. Really good looking. Daddy pays her tuition. She is a sociology major. Failed college algebra twice and is on probation. I took college algebra in high school. 

Taiwan student. Took her on a canoe trip. Paddled so hard, I couldn't keep up. And I was young and strong. I kind of liked her. She thought I was too weak. 

Redhead. She was fun and good looking. I saw all the signs of insanity. Sure enough, she ended up being committed by her family. Was released against medical advice. Killed herself.

My seetheart. Married in Robert Carr Chapel 22 years ago last month. Laughs with me. Buried our parents together. Loves our families. Love each other. We are partners. Keep trying Dirty Third. She is out there. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, AlohaFrog said:

Should have ended before it be began. Had there been such a thing when I was his age (remember I was fresh out of the Navy, was working, and was a student), it would have read:

Hot Vietnamese student likes me. Her father says he'll disown her if she doesn't stop seeing me. I am not Vietnamese. 

Hot date with a Mexican girl. Gorgeous girl. Dumb as a rock.

Nice girl from Peru. Smart. Good student. Took her out. All she wants to do is dance. I hate dancing. 

Cute Bolivian student. Smart. Wealthy family. Eating disorder. I buy her a nice dinner. She purges. 

Hot blond. Really good looking. Daddy pays her tuition. She is a sociology major. Failed college algebra twice and is on probation. I took college algebra in high school. 

Taiwan student. Took her on a canoe trip. Paddled so hard, I couldn't keep up. And I was young and strong. I kind of liked her. She thought I was too weak. 

Redhead. She was fun and good looking. I saw all the signs of insanity. Sure enough, she ended up being committed by her family. Was released against medical advice. Killed herself.

My seetheart. Married in Robert Carr Chapel 22 years ago last month. Laughs with me. Buried our parents together. Loves our families. Love each other. We are partners. Keep trying Dirty Third. She is out there. 

Did SFA write this post? 

That's very sweet, Aloha. Was your wife a TCU student, too?

4 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

No, she's a Texas graduate from Lubbuck but she wears purple and pulls for TCU. All she did in school was study. She didn't have any college fun until she met me. 

12 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

Did you miss the eating disorder and suicide? 

1 hour ago, Boston Frog said:

Did you miss the eating disorder and suicide? 

No, the eating disorder became an early marriage event. She showed up on our doorstep needing help and my wife and I got her into a program and visited every day for three months while she worked through it. Her parents were wealthy and could pay for it. They knew me from our dating years and trusted me to help her. There were no options in Bolivia. 

The suicide was awful. I believe deeply that our mentally ill are an abondened people. They are very unpleasant to be around so we let them live on sidewalks and complain when they pee in our bushes. I had a co-worker who was mentally ill. She hired in a bright UH graduate who was cute and popular. Over time, her mental illness showed and she became unattrictve physically and behaviorally. I tried to be nice to her and she turned on me like a snake. Mild mental illness. Self destructive behavior. Nobody could stand her. I felt sorry for her. She didn't wake up in the morning and say, "I am going to act weird today and make everyone around me wish I was not here", but that is what she did. Eventually, she was laid off because as her untreated mental illness progressed, it started impacting her ability to complete her tasks. 

I was no longer in contact when the suicide occurred. I heard about it a few days later. It haunts me daily. 

12 hours ago, AlohaFrog said:

No, she's a Texas graduate from Lubbuck but she wears purple and pulls for TCU. All she did in school was study. She didn't have any college fun until she met me. 

You did well,  And she obviously had good taste.  :)

1 hour ago, crunch said:

"I am going to act weird today and make everyone around me wish I was not here"

So, just another day in the life...

There has been some shakeup... 

Basically every girl from the original list is gone... The only one I felt bad about was only child. She was so sweet and such a kind person. But I just didn't feel it, ya know?

New ones added.

Neighbor- Met her when I first moved in 6 months ago. Didn't think much. It was dark and she had two dogs. Kind of has a resting B face. But I saw her Saturday unloading her car, I was a couple bourbons deep, so I invited her over to watch the masters. I think I caught her off guard she said "maybe". 45 mins later she was  knocking on my door. We spent all evening together then went to dinner. Super cool. Smart. UT Grad, big spurs fan. Gorgeous. Tall. Dad is retired AF. 32. Seems like she has her shit together. But she has 2 dogs and is fostering another one. That's aggressive. Hung out with her last night too. So far I'm digging her. Being a neighbor can make it dicey, however.

SFA Girl- Met her at the SFA/ ND basketball watch party. She's fun. Is a part time actress and works at a law firm. Was hanging out with her a bunch for a while but now her play is in production so it takes up her weekends and I think she's really stressed.

1 hour ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

There has been some shakeup... 

Basically every girl from the original list is gone... The only one I felt bad about was only child. She was so sweet and such a kind person. But I just didn't feel it, ya know?

New ones added.

Neighbor- Met her when I first moved in 6 months ago. Didn't think much. It was dark and she had two dogs. Kind of has a resting B face. But I saw her Saturday unloading her car, I was a couple bourbons deep, so I invited her over to watch the masters. I think I caught her off guard she said "maybe". 45 mins later she was  knocking on my door. We spent all evening together then went to dinner. Super cool. Smart. UT Grad, big spurs fan. Gorgeous. Tall. Dad is retired AF. 32. Seems like she has her shit together. But she has 2 dogs and is fostering another one. That's aggressive. Hung out with her last night too. So far I'm digging her. Being a neighbor can make it dicey, however.

SFA Girl- Met her at the SFA/ ND basketball watch party. She's fun. Is a part time actress and works at a law firm. Was hanging out with her a bunch for a while but now her play is in production so it takes up her weekends and I think she's really stressed.

Spurs fan is a turn off. 

Being a dog lover/rescuer is aggressive? You're weird. And, why look for things that will make a relationship "dicey"? You like her right now, she's into you apparently. Let it grow or wither on its own. See what happens.

Avoid the actress. Drama will ensue.

She came over to watch the Masters? Or Masters and chill? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PurpleDawg said:

Being a dog lover/rescuer is aggressive? You're weird. And, why look for things that will make a relationship "dicey"? You like her right now, she's into you apparently. Let it grow or wither on its own. See what happens.

Avoid the actress. Drama will ensue.

Agree with DTF. Gotta watch for the line between heart of gold and mind of coconuts. 

There's a limit on the number of cats and dogs for people to own without a red flag for entering a relationship. I think the o\u is 4.

What about the very real possibility that SFA knows SFA Girl? 

1 hour ago, pcf said:

Agree with DTF. Gotta watch for the line between heart of gold and mind of coconuts. 

There's a limit on the number of cats and dogs for people to own without a red flag for entering a relationship. I think the o\u is 4.

If you aren't a devoted animal person you don't understand.

23 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

If you aren't a devoted animal person you don't understand.

I think pcf is winding you up 

39 minutes ago, Boston Frog said:

I think pcf is winding you up 

Not too tight. Those animal lovers will tear you up.:P:P:P

1 minute ago, pcf said:

Not too tight. Those animal lovers will tear you up.:P:P:P

They're aggressive