Sign in to follow this  
DirtyThirdFrog

DirtyThird's Dating Thread

So work is kinda slow and my recent posts about the Bachelorette got me thinking- lets start a dating thread. It will mainly be my adventures, but other single folks, or married. Feel free to post t0o. Not sure if anyone is even interested but heck it could be fun and it will help me keep it all straight.

*names withheld to protect the innocent.

I know most of you here know me, but if not, let me do a quick Intro. My name is Greg, and I'm a 29 year old, 2009 graduate of TCU living in Houston. I'm currently in software sales but had a banking/ finance background before this. My interest include TCU sports, Bourbon, craft beer, working out, yoga, and cooking/ eating. I'm no adonis, but I've always had pretty good luck with the ladies am certainly not shy, so getting dates and keeping girls has never been a problem. It's finding the non crazy ones that has been.

I've been single for a couple months now and in the last month I've kind of gotten back into the swing of dating. Here's a breakdown:

TCU Girl: Known her for a couple years. Always been friendly, but nothing more. We met post college as she was a little younger and we ran in different circles. Always was attracted but never pursued. Hadn't seen her in a couple of months but asked her out for drinks a few friday's ago. We both ended up getting over served and ended back up at my house. Ended as expected. Took her home early the next morning. I thought, "wow, I actually kind of like this girl". Pursued for a week or so until she told me she just wanted to be "friends". Never talked about the night... Kind of odd. Usually its me saying that... guess it was a taste of my own medicine. Supposed to see her in 2 weeks at a TCU happy hour. Hopefully its not awkward. I do like her, she's really pretty, and comes from a good family.

Only Child: Just turned 33. Met at church. Super sweet. Cute, not smoke, but still very pretty. Taller. We actually both grew up in the Woodlands she went to Arizona then got her MBA in Cali before moving back to Houston. She has a really good job and I think might still be on Pop's payroll. Lives in a badass townhouse by herself. We've hung out a few times and I'm taking her to dinner tonight. I like her company but she's looking for a husband. She's also an admitted band nerd, which I actually kind of like. I don't think she still has the V card but she did say she is waiting until marriage. But like I said, she's an only Child which kinda scares me and she is a little awkward. Very different from the normal girls I date. Stay tuned

Divorcee: 32. Met at bar (probably not a good sign). Blonde (i'm normally attracted to brunettes). She talks about her ex a lot (red flag) and doesn't seem to have a ton of friends. I don't think there is a future there. But she's fun and very good looking. Supposed to go out Saturday. We will see. Already kind of over her

Wild Card: 27, Tech Grad (played soccer there). I guess you could say we have mutual friends. Kinda got linked up through friends of friends of friends. She recently moved back to Texas as she was living in Boston with her ex-fiance. She also has a spotty job history and I still can't really figure out what she does for a living. Went for drinks last week and saw her last night. There are some red flags and she talks about herself, a lot. Maybe insecure? I don't know. But i do find myself VERY drawn to her. She's extremely attractive. And also down to earth. She seems to know what she wants in a man and doesn't tolerate BS, BUT there is something I can't put my finger on. She might be a clinger? I don't know. Def worth finding out more about, however.

The Mormon: 31. Met at my gym. She's a teacher. Sweet, funny, smart, stunningly beautiful. She likes me. I like her. But. She's a mormon and a hardcore one at that. Like special undergarments and all. I think she's regulated herself to the fact that she might end up with a non-mormon. But she's not converting herself. It's an interesting religion for sure. 100% a Virgin and waiting for marriage. I really like her and we've hung out multiple times over the last 6 months, both as friends and romantically. Problem is, I don't know what my end game is with her.

That's all I got now. Hopefully you can find my dating life somewhat entertaining. ha. I'll report back about the Only Child tonight.

4 minutes ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

I've been single for a couple months now and in the last month I've kind of gotten back into the swing of dating. Here's a breakdown:

DTF is out. Hide your daughters!!!!!!!!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh, I'm ALL IN with this. 

Drop the Mormon now, honey. It just won't end well. She needs to find one of her kind. Have you ever watched Big Love on HBO? If you don't believe the same things as they do, you're just up a creek. Do you have your own planet?

A recurring theme I see is your mention of outward beauty a lot. I realize men are shallow, but maybe that's a clue about your previous lack of success? Good to see you're trying church as a social mixer, though. 

The Only Child...band nerd as in band geek? HS or college band, is that what you mean? Awkward how? And, different from what you normally go for isn't a bad thing when you consider your past, or at least what you've let us in on. Plus, there's nothing wrong with doting parents if they like you and you make the girl happy. It could be lucrative. Be charming to the 'rents. They'll like you AND they want her to be with someone so that she's not always hanging around with them. If she's looking for marriage, that's cool. You are, too, eventually, right?

No go on the Divorcee. 

Wild Card has answered your questions for you already.

Not sure I have either the time or patience to read through this thread but I love the title. Good luck Dirty Third. I found my sweetheart long ago and we wed at Robert Carr Chapel. She is pouring bourbon for me as I type. On the road together. (She really is cute.)

44 minutes ago, Luke Chisolm said:

Ok. I'm in. I'll be happy to live vicariously through the exploits of a 29 year old. 

True.  And all the better if those exploits are not limited to marriage material and include some of the f-buddy material as well.

2 minutes ago, Duquesne Frog said:

I hope this doesn't come across as creepy, but I am hopeful that this thread will include pictures ...

Definitely creepy....NTTAWWT

3 minutes ago, Duquesne Frog said:

I hope this doesn't come across as creepy, but I am hopeful that this thread will include pictures ...

albright-sm.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, weklfrog said:

True.  And all the better if those exploits are not limited to marriage material and include some of the f-buddy material as well.

19 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

Oh, I'm ALL IN with this. 

Drop the Mormon now, honey. It just won't end well. She needs to find one of her kind. Have you ever watched Big Love on HBO? If you don't believe the same things as they do, you're just up a creek. Do you have your own planet?

A recurring theme I see is your mention of outward beauty a lot. I realize men are shallow, but maybe that's a clue about your previous lack of success? Good to see you're trying church as a social mixer, though. 

The Only Child...band nerd as in band geek? HS or college band, is that what you mean? Awkward how? And, different from what you normally go for isn't a bad thing when you consider your past, or at least what you've let us in on. Plus, there's nothing wrong with doting parents if they like you and you make the girl happy. It could be lucrative. Be charming to the 'rents. They'll like you AND they want her to be with someone so that she's not always hanging around with them. If she's looking for marriage, that's cool. You are, too, eventually, right?

No go on the Divorcee. 

Wild Card has answered your questions for you already.

Well, I ain't gonna date a girl I'm not physically attracted to. Maybe that makes me shallow?

I can tell you like the Only Child, and rightfully so she seems like a pretty cool girl so far. But she's kinda introverted and I'm not sure we have the same interests. We will see. And don't worry about parents I'm great with them.

2 hours ago, crunch said:

I was born in Houston, raised in Houston and Baytown, and still have significant family down there.

Are you going to step forward into the 90's and search via the Net?  PoF, Match, J-Date, Tinder, KIK, Farmers Only.com, etc would make for GREAT stories.  Hell, I could tell a few.

Just started a PoF account today... match, maybe soon. Not Jewish so no J date. I've heard bumble is cool. Tinder is so 2014.

2 hours ago, RedHill said:

That's some damn good insight right there.  Looks aren't everything.  Acceptance is what's important (IMO). Accepting each other as you are and not trying to change anything.  As soon as you see any of the women on the list trying to change you, give her das boot. 

My second (and current) wife was a prefect fit for me.  We both knew what we did want and more importantly WHAT WE DID NOT WANT in a spouse!  We are with each other 24/7 and get along like two peas in a pod. 

Good advice. Not sure if I'm looking for a wife or not... yet.

2 hours ago, Luke Chisolm said:

Ok. I'm in. I'll be happy to live vicariously through the exploits of a 29 year old. 

I'll be glad to help... Not sure how detailed I will get. See "TCU Girl" for reference. 

I mean... I'm pretty good about keeping them on the line for a bit

50 minutes ago, Duquesne Frog said:

Haven't decided. Though "Wild Card" sent me one of her tattoo that is VERY nice... and you can't see her face. Tempted. But I doubt she'd allow it if I asked.

42 minutes ago, crunch said:

OK - this has to be said: We all want to see about the exploits of DTF in his quest to find, well, whatever he is looking for.  However, let's fast forward a couple of months to the point where we are worn out by various trollops, prudes, stinkers and vines.  Along comes The One, and things are going great.  As we all have done, the defenses are lowered, and she sees what has been posted on TFH.  I've been there, and it's not pretty.  I wouldn't wish this upon my friend. 

Just a word of warning.

I had kind of thought about that... hopefully the founders can hook me up? Maybe? if it came down to that.

Deny deny deny

17 minutes ago, crunch said:

Ok Dad.

No one is saying 'afraid', just that sometimes some people say things in certain company that others, perhaps different circle of friend, may not find as funny, interesting, or post-worthy.

I like to post stuff that shouldn't be posted.  natch.

Yeah this will be a work in progress. I don't want to OVER share. But I do want to keep in entertaining 

So I went out with "Only Child" again last night... Had some amazing Fajitas at El Tiempo on washington. She had a marg, I had 3 beers. I think she's a light weight.

Ended back at her pad. Amazing townhome in the heights. At least $600k. Living room looks like its from a pottery barn catalog. We chatted for an hour, she's sweet. Almost too sweet. There will be no pushing the physical boundaries with this one. She's a devout Christian- not a bad thing. Just different. Gave her a kiss goodnight. Very innocent. Want to see again. But I'm not sure what I do with her long term.

I will say, she was looking nice. Wore a cute dress and some sandals. She's tall. Probably 5'8". If she wore heels she'd be taller than me. But I'm okay with that. Long, thick, dark hair. Fair skin. Doesn't wear a lot of makeup.

Stay tuned.

Going out with another girl tomorrow. Met her at a charity event. This one might end well, as Friday happy hours tend to.

32 minutes ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

Haven't decided. Though "Wild Card" sent me one of her tattoo that is VERY nice... and you can't see her face. Tempted. But I doubt she'd allow it if I asked.

For the record, I was kidding.  Sort of.

28 minutes ago, RedHill said:

If you're not looking for a wife, why not feast on the buffet?

I mean... i've done my fair share of feasting over the last decade or so.

17 minutes ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

Vietnameese a couple of times. It was meh. 

she no love you long time?

11 hours ago, crunch said:

Lol! So true...

No date last night. Just yoga... though there are some HOTTIES there...

Any fat chicks? They are so grateful. They don't have to be that fat, either. They just need to have low self esteem.

Why not throw a dude into the mix for some variety? 

19 minutes ago, Boston Frog said:

Any fat chicks? They are so grateful. They don't have to be that fat, either. They just need to have low self esteem.

Why not throw a dude into the mix for some variety? 

Are you kidding? He has to be attracted to someone sexually before he even considers their other qualities. You know, he has standards and all.

14 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

Are you kidding? He has to be attracted to someone sexually before he even considers their other qualities. You know, he has standards and all.

Woha... excuse me for having preferences. Lol

15 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

And I never said I HAD TO BE. But if she's not doing it physically for me, at least a tiny bit. Then why bother?

Not like I'm only going for 9-10's here. Just be respectable is all.