Sign in to follow this  
FeistyFrog

2018 Recruiting thread sponsored by the TCU Show Window

Honestly, if they didn't do HS marching band at the college level, more people might be in it without the pay.  They prepare one show the whole season.  They do different parts of it.  If you compare what most college bands do to what TCU's is doing, it's no wonder that they have to pay people to be in it.  It's gotten better in the last 10 years, but it still pretty much looks like they're preparing their marching contest exhibition shows to bring to halftime every so often.  With "shadow marchers" and miking the band into the sound system, and everything they're trying smoke and mirrors instead of building an actual university band program.  

SFA, do you expect them to learn a different show every week with such limited rehearsal time? You certainly remember what they've got to accomplish with such limited time. 

20 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

What do you mean, "do not play an instruments"? Also, what free gear do they get? I haven't read the TCU magazine article yet. Was this in there?

I go back to read this and laugh because I hear Andrea Martin as Thea Voula from Big Fat Greek saying it. "What do you mean 'he don't eat no meat'?"

57 minutes ago, FeistyFrog said:

I should have known better.

:) Sorry we hijacked your thread for a bit, Feisty. :wub:

One to watch is JaRay Jenkins of Jena, LA. has an LSU offer and is David Jenkins brother (LSU transfer to TCU and removed from team). Will pick TCU if offered

Career stats to date (still in playoffs JR year):

Receiving 111 rec for 1,960 yds, 25 rec tds 

Rushing 42 carries for 459 yds 9 tds

6 ST returns for TDs and 3 ints returned for TDs 

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3927164/highlights

From NOLA re: recruits still in the playoffs (2016):

Safety Jamarcon Jackson (6-0, 190) is a physical hitter in the 2018 class as a 4 star prospect. He loves LSU ut has offers from Mississippi State, ULL and UTSA. LSU, TCU and Miami are keeping an eye on Jackson as well.

32 minutes ago, TCaliU said:

Is every football player religious?

Serious question since everyone is blessed

Good point. When I was last at home, I noticed e-v-e-r-y-o-n-e was telling each other to have a "blessed day" or something else with "blessed" in it, from the cashier at the grocery store to friends having coffee. I think it's just the new buzz word in Texas. 

JR Day was a big success! We hosted a number of big name guys from the 2018 class, plus got two commitments!

DE Ochaun Mathis, Manor, TX, 6-5, 230

Recorded 68 tackles (13 for loss), 9 sacks, 1 fumble recovery, and 1 int. First team all District and first team all-central Texas.

OG Devin Phillips, Monroe, LA, 6-3, 300

Nicknamed "The Butcher". Very impressive film. He absolutely destroys people.

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/6331658/584e1a71ff0d1a2064d25f5a