PurpleDawg

Frog Pets

Question about double coated dogs-

Little Boy, our 6 year old lab/ husky mix has a double coat and sheds like you can't even imagine. I feel like we drown in dog hair year round, but especially worse this time of year. Add the mutt and the Brittney to the mix and no amount of vacuuming helps but for more than half a day. 

The last few years we've gotten him shaved which has helped TREMENDOUSLY, but the wife has since read some things talking about how shaving them doesn't actually keep the cool, and in fact does the opposite. I call BS, but wanted to get y'alls opinion. 

Shaving is the WORST thing to do for a dog in the summer, DTF. The undercoat is there to keep them cool and guard against sunburn. Mrs. Patterson just posted something on her FB and Twitter about that this week, I think. (Found it. Attached.)  It's a terrible idea to shave them. Mrs. DTF is a smart lady for not doing it.

Happy 12th birthday to my little man, Harvey! He's been the best travel buddy this summer as we've explored BC and WA state and has added two ferry trips and many campgrounds to his travel resume. He's still as active as when he was a puppy, too. Love you, Pookie! 😍

• Like (+1) 2