PurpleDawg

Frog Pets

1 hour ago, PurpleDawg said:

How old is he? Senior dog yet? Sometimes older dogs get their days and nights mixed up just like people do. Or, their sleep patterns change and they don't sleep through the night anymore.

If he's not a senior yet, don't let this get to be fun time for him or it will become a habit. If he needs to go do his business, that's what he needs to right away and come right back in. NO sniffing around BS. You may have to accomplish this by using a leash when he goes out, even in the backyard.

If this is a really weird thing for him, see the vet. He might have something going on. Always, that should be the first thought with any new behavior. Underlying conditions always have a physical manifestation.

He's like 6, def not senior and or doesn't really act like it. May be worth going to the vet.

53 minutes ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

Diabetes?

Maybe but idk, hes kind of an asshole who beats to his own drum

46 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

Maybe. I think Brody is a Husky and they have a higher rate of developing diabetes than some other breeds.

Brittany Spaniel 

58 minutes ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

He's like 6, def not senior and or doesn't really act like it. May be worth going to the vet.

Maybe but idk, hes kind of an asshole who beats to his own drum

Brittany Spaniel 

Oh, good. Your most likely problems will be hips and thyroid, which increased thirst and urination could totally be. And, he's right at the age where hypothyroidism would show up. That's where his thyroid gland doesn't make enough juice. There's an easy blood test to see if that's the case and then a pill a day to fix it. Another couple of symptoms would be putting on weight and a dull or flaky coat. I'd definitely take him in to talk to the vet to get an opinion about it. When do y'all leave for your trip? They can have the blood work done within a couple of days, usually.

Well last night he did it again. Around 4am. But instead of me taking him out and being all pissed about it- the wife sits up and yells "BRODY! LAY DOWN!". And i mean loud. He whimpered a bit. Laid down. Didn't make a peep the rest of the night. 

I think it was him just being a jerk

Hill's Pet Nutrition has now entered the recall because of excessive Vitamin D levels in some of their foods. The list is long. MANY, MANY people feed this "food" to their pets because their veterinarians tell them to. Right now the recall only affects canned food. Follow this link to the FDA site to see if your dog's food is on the list. It's IMPERATIVE that you STOP feeding the food immediately and return it to the place you purchased it. Don't just throw it away, please!

https://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm630232.htm?fbclid=IwAR2b6WjqsMm5nFAS4KRByUthmB4Fj2mn-KcaSfgurvI0h4OFXCC68KHpmd8

This is by far the funniest dog Instagram page. H/t @frogtwang for sharing. Stella (yellow lab) has many adventures, but she's also the best friend of the family's little boy who has a disability. Stella's dad is fantastic at editing her page. Be sure your sound is on for this one and check out her other posts. There are lots of videos. She's a hoot! She even has an alter ego, Judith.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m working with The Lucky Pupp rescue that buys puppies destined to go to puppy mills and used as breed stock.

‘Please check them out.

I can see why PDawg was concerned with me not neutering my Mishka.  There is a big problem with dogs being considered livestock.

• Like (+1) 1

Y'all say a prayer, light a candle, or spare a thought today for the Pattersons. They are saying goodbye today to one of their Golden Retrievers, Daisy. She became sick several days ago and just couldn't get better.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, PurpleDawg said:

Y'all say a prayer, light a candle, or spare a thought today for the Pattersons. They are saying goodbye today to one of their Golden Retrievers, Daisy. She became sick several days ago and just couldn't get better.

Hate that. We don't deserve dogs.

• Like (+1) 1

This is my favorite online vet doing another grocery store pet food aisle video. (She has many others on her FB page. Look her up.) I love it when she reads the labels and IDs the bad stuff and what to watch for so that people who buy this garbage unknowingly can actually understand what they're giving their poor pets. When she points out the words like "with" and "flavor", those are words the FDA has placed specific meaning on for the pet food industry with regard to (misleading) advertising. The label might make it look like you're buying a beef dinner for your dog (who, let's say, may have an allergy to chicken), but in fact that can is loaded with mystery animal organs and chicken parts. The FDA has let the giant pet food companies run nearly unencumbered by adherence to their regulations for decades, but small companies who are trying to do the right thing are being slammed with recalls that put some of them out of business. The pet food industry is cut throat now and consumers are caught in the middle. Most of what is on the shelf is garbage because of inferior ingredients and also because it's made with loads of chemicals to sit there for years without spoiling. Fresh food is best, either made at home or purchased frozen. /climbing off my soapbox for a while...

• Like (+1) 1

I lost my little girl dachshund today.

I rescued Trixie from Oregon Dachshund Rescue (ODR) in 2011, right after returning from the TCU-BSU game, when she was about 4 years-old. She was the product of a backyard breeder who was looking for unique coat color, rather than healthy puppies. Trix had a congenital wonky back leg, Intravertebral Disk Disease (the painful back problem known to fell many a dachshund), and terrible vision because of her unscrupulous breeder who wanted to make as much money as possible off of the puppies she whelped. Trixie also had some of the most severe anxieties that I've ever seen in a dog. My goal during our time together was to provide the stability to her life to help her overcome some of her fears and we made a lot of progress together. She had been given up by the people who purchased her from the breeder because she was such a handful and then passed around from one home to another before finding her way to ODR. I had to jump through hoops to adopt her. I wanted her because I knew I could help her and because I knew she could help my dachshund, Harvey, heal from losing his little sister dog to a car hitting and killing her (before I adopted him). I knew my lovely lab, Velvet, would nurture Trixie like she had done with Harvey. I also was convinced all the dog activity around my house with my boarding business would be a great tonic for her. She thrived in our home. After our beloved Velvet passed away, Trixie became the one to nurture all the dogs coming to stay with us and comfort anyone who seemed to be missing their home and people.

Trixie gave me the gift today that all pet owners wish for, she died in her sleep. Go hug your pets and tell them that you love them.

image.png

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, frogtwang said:

Goodbye Trixie. 

💜

Wait, so now @Newbomb Turk is also anti-pickle? What DO you eat these days, man? No meat, no dairy, possibly no pickled food. You're soon going to have to turn in your Texan card.

• Like (+1) 1

I love the chaos in his wake. 😂😂

• Like (+1) 1

Crusoe's ode to May the Fourth Be With You. Sound on!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

This is not a happy dog:

BD09048C978F440D91B1.jpeg

She’s fine, btw.  I’m just trying to get used to the accusatory glares...

• Haha  (+1) 1