PurpleDawg

Frog Pets

I advertise my dog boarding business with a web service called Rover.com. It's a nationwide company that provides a platform for pet people to search pet care providers in their area to walk, drop-in, house sit, or board their pets. The pet parents can locate a provider they want to talk to via the message feature prior to meeting them to figure out if the person/situation would be a good fit for their pet. The care provider has a profile for people to read (there's the key...READing sometimes is not happening) about them and their home, if the service is boarding.

A lot of us Rover providers have a FB group where we get together to discuss stupid pet people behind their backs various issues relating to our work. Someone posted the screen shot below of a text conversation they had with a potential client. The provider's profile stated they have two cats. The pet parent's bio of their darling baby stated sweet Fluffy doesn't like cats. Fluffy's mom asked for boarding the same day. The new burn on our group is going to be "Your house is not really fancy. 🖐️" Some people are so weird.

34074359_10107948034696658_4909937794526

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

Crusoe is my favorite celebrity.

The Royal Family must be crushed.

Just now, Radio Shack Killa said:

The Royal Family must be crushed.

They are not celebrities, for heaven's sake. How gauche!

Dressing dogs is an abomination.

But like everything in life exceptions can be made...

• Upvote (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Radio Shack Killa said:

Dressing dogs is an abomination.

But like everything in life exceptions can be made...

Go on. Post that Pickles pic you're dying to show us. 😁

It seemed like a good idea at first...Jurassic Wiener!

Crusoe and his brother go camping. Watch out for the end, who could it be?!!

Using the Seresto collar or any of the oral treatments Bravecto, Nexgard, Credelio, or Simparico to treat fleas and ticks on your pets? The FDA says beware of unintended neurological and adverse reactions from their ingredients.

Animal Drug Safety Communication: FDA Alerts Pet Owners and Veterinarians About Potential for Neurologic Adverse Events Associated with Certain Flea and Tick Products

https://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/NewsEvents/CVMUpdates/ucm620934.htm

I have a lot of problems with these dangerous chemicals, but my main two are that there are no independent laboratory tests cited by the manufacturers for their safety and also that it is unknown how long the chemicals actually stay in the body. The information in this article by a veterinarian actually cites the amount of chemical still in the body at re-dose time and it's staggering. People don't realize that there is still more than 90% of the pesticide still present when they give the next full dose!

This class of isoxazoline drugs are not to be used lightly, (actually, in my opinion, not at all!). Your vet might be leading you down a path that neither of you can be sure where it will end. Please, do your homework before blindly accepting the recommendation to give your pet any oral or topical flea and tick medication. There are safer alternatives. Check this article from my favorite homeopathic vet for her recommendations.

• Upvote (+1) 1

For anyone of any ilk needing a smile...

"Alan" is named for a local actor who created, wrote, produced, starred in, and directed "Republic of Doyle" because the dog is, according to his owner, needy, vain, self-centered, and selfish just like the real Alan Doyle! (I've met him. She's right, though he is also talented and funny on the plus side of the ledger.) 150 pounds and still has a bit of filling out to do! Almost 5 feet long!

NewfDog.jpg

That is my daughter taking the  picture while I'm inside getting coffee.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

That's a good lookin' Newfoundland dog! (And, incidentally, one of only two correct colors of the breed in Canada. Do you see many Landseers there, NFF?)