PurpleDawg

Frog Pets

PD, any advice with helping a dog with a phobia of hardwood floors? He was fine before we left on vacation, but now he's just paralyzed with fear.

PD, any advice with helping a dog with a phobia of hardwood floors? He was fine before we left on vacation, but now he's just paralyzed with fear.

Paw mittens?

Paw mittens?

My vet has found some rubber thingies that are cemented around the dog's claws.  From a distance, it looks like the poor pooch has had his/her nails painted.

They're like a permanently-installed set of those socks w/rubber bottoms that small kids and old people wear.

Something like that might work, though. I feel for him. Poor thing is horrified he'll slip and fall.

Something like that might work, though. I feel for him. Poor thing is horrified he'll slip and fall.

Sometimes they do. My dog was lame for a month when he slipped on the floor...

The lady owner I saw had those nail covers put on all three of her dogs (small yappy breed).  She said they were all getting old, and didn't want them injuring a hip sliding around on her hardwoods.

She said ...sliding around on...hardwoods.

That's what she said.

I have an Ark...plus another dog.  3 dogs, 2 cats, two rabbits.

A few months ago (hence the dead grass) I just spent a few hours running around the backyard with my dogs throwing the ball around.  It was one of those peacfully content moments that were just great:

eb6ZcQm.jpg

DuUiBkm.jpg

opQMq9a.jpg

and the Shermanator (technically, just Sherman), who passed 3 weeks ago.

FEDE71F1-B367-45A0-A9F2-1547E052D1F9-107

• Upvote (+1) 1

and the Shermanator (technically, just Sherman), who passed 3 weeks ago.

FEDE71F1-B367-45A0-A9F2-1547E052D1F9-107

Sorry for your loss F-in-L.

It'll be a year in August since my Molly passed. I miss her everyday.

IMG_0541.jpg

Sherman was a cutie, FIL. I'm sorry to hear he's gone. When they leave there is always such a big hole. Thanks for posting his picture here.

Danger, have y'all considered small area rugs to get LIttle Sammy Baugh used to the hardwoods again? Make a path for him with several rugs and then slowly, over several days or weeks,  remove one rug at a time as he is comfortable with it. I dislike the things that are pasted on the dogs paws because invariably the dog licks and chews them off and then they potentially get ingested. The glue they are stuck on with is abrasive, too. You could also try boots if LSB will tolerate those on his paws. 

Todd, let's see your bunnies. I have a French lop. Her name is Sherley (yes, for Sherley dorm). She's making the move with me and my 3 dogs to TX in a coupe of months. I'm setting her up in the bathroom of my RV. Hopefully my male dachshund doesn't eat her before we get there.

7058802337_7854745659.jpg

Very cute babies, Mac. Do they have Frog gear?

BTW, welcome to our sandbox! We're very glad you are here and hope you like it well enough to stick around a while. :)

Nice! My Harvey has a jersey, plus he likes my Andy t-shirt.

8987098325_1f6e5c5e3c.jpg

We have 2 cats. Kip is the shy male named after the Napoleon Dynamite character. Penney is the cuddly female that was suppose to be named LaFawndah, but it just didn't fit her personality. I would love a dog, but don't have space to keep it happy and healthy living in my small 1 bedroom apt with grass 2 blocks away.

We have 2 cats. Kip is the shy male named after the Napoleon Dynamite character. Penney is the cuddly female that was suppose to be named LaFawndah, but it just didn't fit her personality. I would love a dog, but don't have space to keep it happy and healthy living in my small 1 bedroom apt with grass 2 blocks away.

We need pics of these kittys, McGee. RSF especially wants to see them.