PurpleDawg

Frog Pets

Show us what you got! Dogs, cats, horses, rabbits, reptiles, fish, chickens, ducks, cows, whatever. Extra points if they're rockin' the purple and white!

Has he had them before? We had a cocker spaniel during my childhood that developed seizures later on in her life. Was scary to witness for the first time.

PAF, I think I remember that goldens are prone to seizures later in life, but they seem to be idiopathic, so not related to a disease. Did it pass quickly and easily?

Mr Nakoa, our golden lab, get real stressed out when we moved to our current house.  Surprised me as he was always so laid back.  But the new place had tile floors everywhere but the two small bedrooms and he did not take well to the tile floors.  Wouldn't even go into the utility room where we tried to feed him even though it was the same tile as the kitchen.  Thought the first thing he would do is jump in the pool since he always loved the water but the pool freaked him out, maybe because it was always gurgling which I think was the freeze protection.  Had to almost drag him with a leash to get him to the side of the house to do his business then he quickly walked as close to the house as possible, and as far from the pool (only a few feet away) to get back inside.

After several weeks he was under the kitchen table was we ate and started shaking and quivering.  After a short while he got partially up, almost in a crouching stance, and ran into the utility room, which he would never enter before, and  then smacked into the door to the garage.  He laid down and started thrashing around.  We thought we were watching him die.  After a short while, he stopped thrashing, got up and was fine.  Didn't seem stressed out by the house anymore after that.

PAF, I think I remember that goldens are prone to seizures later in life, but they seem to be idiopathic, so not related to a disease. Did it pass quickly and easily?

Yes.... and hasn't had one since. He seemed to know what was goinld hold him g to happen.... and he climbed up so I could hold him and pet him. He wanted comfort.

Yes.... and hasn't had one since. He seemed to know what was goinld hold him g to happen.... and he climbed up so I could hold him and pet him. He wanted comfort.

Like humans, they probably get an aura right before a seizure occurs. The best thing to do when it happens is not freak out and remain quiet and calm. Their senses will be on overload and they'll need a peaceful place to recover afterward. You do want to try to keep them from injuring themselves if they get too worked up during the seizure, though. It's all really just common sense.

Little Sammy Baugh just found a turtle in the backyard. LSB does not prefer to share his backyard with other critters. Poor turtle has now been re-located.

Further on that turtle. So after I relocated it to the other side of the fence, LSB didn't think that was enough. He thought the turtle needed more punishment for infringing on his land. So he dug under the fence and brought the turtle back, getting filthy in the process. I think that poor turtle may be dead. He wasn't coming out of his shell when I moved him further away.

Our cat is deaf and we keep scaring her as we seem to magically appear. She reacts like Darin on Bewitched.

darrin-of-bewitched.jpg

Our cat is deaf and we keep scaring her as we seem to magically appear. She reacts like Darin on Bewitched.

darrin-of-bewitched.jpg

Ours is mostly deaf.  She is white with a blue eye and a yellow eye, a pattern I have heard is often associated with deafness.

I have now scrubbed and brushed the dog, scrubbed the tub and scrubbed the bathroom floor.  LSB is sleeping after all the excitement.  Crazy dog.

darrin-of-bewitched.jpg

Just checked out the other pet thread. Perfect example of the saying "there are no bad dogs, just bad owners".

Just checked out the other pet thread. Perfect example of the saying "there are no bad dogs, just bad owners".

The puppy will be much happier in a more understanding and tolerant home.

The puppy will be much happier in a more understanding and tolerant home.

I agree. I hope he gets that opportunity.

$1000 to ship this pretty boy to TX from OR. Totally worth it.

5476447473_a979a70dde.jpg

$1000 to ship this pretty boy to TX from OR. Totally worth it.

5476447473_a979a70dde.jpg

DO you have facilities and room at your new place to keep him?

Could you save money by having someone ride it to TX???!

He is NOT an it! Harumpf!