Sign in to follow this  
FeistyFrog

Fall and rise: Revs offer TCU ex Carter a chance

"As TCU completed its most successful season since the Dutch Meyer era (1938, 11-0 and No. 1 in the Coaches Poll), Carter admitted it was hard to partake in the celebration, even from afar.

“It hurt me,” he said. “I wish I would have been out there balling out with [TCU]. I had to just fight through it and do what I had to do. This is the route God has taken me."

I'm really happy to hear he is taking steps to pick up his life and move forward. However, until he takes responsibility for what happened, and stops placing the fault on God or anyone else, he still hasn't learned the lesson.

"As TCU completed its most successful season since the Dutch Meyer era (1938, 11-0 and No. 1 in the Coaches Poll), Carter admitted it was hard to partake in the celebration, even from afar.

“It hurt me,” he said. “I wish I would have been out there balling out with [TCU]. I had to just fight through it and do what I had to do. This is the route God has taken me."

I'm really happy to hear he is taking steps to pick up his life and move forward. However, until he takes responsibility for what happened, and stops placing the fault on God or anyone else, he still hasn't learned the lesson.

Seems like that is a phrase a lot of "everything happens for a reason" religious (and pseudo-religious) folks use. You can't really tell from the use of that phrase whether or not he is taking responsibility for his actions/decisions.  

Seems like that is a phrase a lot of "everything happens for a reason" religious (and pseudo-religious) folks use. You can't really tell from the use of that phrase whether or not he is taking responsibility for his actions/decisions.  

You're probably right.