Sign in to follow this  
Poison Arrow Frog

Recipe File

2 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

I know the restaurant well, just always thought it was simply called Mac's House. 

It was called Mac;s House for short,  I worked for the Macintish's while going to TCU.  Good peeps!

Image result for necroposter

I did sous vide lobster tails last night that were pretty fantastic.  I should have added some salt, but the texture was perfect.

• Upvote (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Army Frog Fan said:

Image result for necroposter

I did sous vide lobster tails last night that were pretty fantastic.  I should have added some salt, but the texture was perfect.

A little warmer,, perhaps, but I nearly always steam lobsters. There is more flavor that way than boiling. Was your lobster immersed or not? 

10 minutes ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

A little warmer,, perhaps, but I nearly always steam lobsters. There is more flavor that way than boiling. Was your lobster immersed or not? 

I was using the Anova sous vide on some chicken, so I used our steam oven to sous vide the lobster tails with some butter vacu-sealed with the tails.

• Upvote (+1) 1

11 hours ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

Was your lobster immersed or not? 

What does their religion have to do with anything?

18 hours ago, Army Frog Fan said:

I was using the Anova sous vide on some chicken, so I used our steam oven to sous vide the lobster tails with some butter vacu-sealed with the tails.

What temp and for how long?  Assuming they were fresh (or at least thawed)?

i usually broil, but would like to use the sous video for more than just steak or eggs. 

2 hours ago, $mooth said:

What temp and for how long?  Assuming they were fresh (or at least thawed)?

i usually broil, but would like to use the sous video for more than just steak or eggs. 

For chicken, I seasoned with a Williams Sonoma rub, vacu-sealed, sous vide at 160 for a little over an hour and then seared on the grill.  

For the Lobster, I thawed briefly in some water in the sink, cut off the sharp tips of the shell (so as to not puncture the bag, then cut down the top of the shell to separate the meat from the shell.  Then I tucked the meat back into the shell, added about 4 TB of butter to the bag with the 2 tails.  I should have added some salt and perhaps Tarragon. Sous Vide at 140 for 60 minutes.

As for finding stuff to sous-vide, I highly recommend this site: https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/topics/method/sous-vide#techniques and these guys: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpFuaxD-0PKLolFR3gWhrMw/videos  The youtube guys are kind of goofy but, once you get past that, they put out great info and ideas.  I learned a good deal from their experiments. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1