Sign in to follow this  
Poison Arrow Frog

Recipe File

Poblano Chicken

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts...rinsed and patted dry

1 large poblano pepper

1 bottle of BBQ sauce

Preheat oven to 400o.  Place chicken in baking dish.  Seed and slice poblano pepper.  Place flesh side down on chicken breasts.  Pour bottle of BBQ sauce over top.

Bake 1 hour or until 170o internal temperature.

(This one's so easy even I can do it.)

Ok, here it is.  This recipe has been getting people laid for more than 20 years....

Fajita Marinade

1 ½ cups oil

¾ cup soy sauce

2 Tablespoons dry mustard

2 ½ teaspoons salt

1 Tablespoon pepper

½ cup wine vinegar

1 ½ Tablespoons dry parsley

2 crushed garlic cloves

1/3 cup lemon juice

½ cup Worcestershire Sauce

Buy skirt steak and chicken breasts, trim off extra fat and place in a large (2.5 gallon) ziploc bag.  Mix the marinade and pour over the meat, then place the bag in the fridge.  You want to marinate for at least 24 hours, I usually mix it up two days in advance.  During those two days, you want to "massage" the meat often to make sure all the flavors are being evenly distributed.  Buy actual skirt steak - don't let anyone tell you that flank steak is the same thing.  If you are doing more than 5 or 6 pounds of meat, you may want to do a double batch of the marinade.

On the big night:

Remove the meat from the bag and grill.  Let it rest a bit before slicing so the juices can redistribute.  Slice the skirt steak against the grain.  Serve with warm tortillas and all your favorite fixins: grilled onions and peppers, shredded lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, grated cheese, guacamole, etc.  Throughout this whole process, drink colossal margaritas.

This is the famed NY Times Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe that I use for my cookies: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/09/dining/091crex.html  

Be sure to read this article that explains why some of the details are important: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/09/dining/09chip.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1

I generally use just regular semisweet chips instead of the dark chocolate disks mentioned in the article and recipe.  I also don't make them as big as the recipe calls for as I've found that the huge ones are just less practical.  You still want a bigger cookie, though, not some tiny thing.  You may have to play around to find the baking temps and time that work best with your oven (or in my case, give up in frustration until you can get a new oven).  You want to take the cookies out when they are showing some color, but are still very soft.

3BC628D5-23FA-4954-BC7C-9C79965E7BB7-431

• Upvote (+1) 1

...You want to take the cookies out when they are showing some color, but are still very soft.

I like chocchip cookies that are a bit crunchy and not soft. Now pecan/brown sugar cookies...gooey is good.

I like chocchip cookies that are a bit crunchy and not soft. Now pecan/brown sugar cookies...gooey is good.

If you wait until they look crunchy then they will be way overcooked.  They crisp up a lot after they come out of the oven.  If I don't start with them pretty soft, the cookies will be rocks the next day.  And it is just not practical to always serve them fresh out of the oven - I usually have to prepare ahead of time and pack them.

If you wait until they look crunchy then they will be way overcooked.  They crisp up a lot after they come out of the oven.  If I don't start with them pretty soft, the cookies will be rocks the next day.  And it is just not practical to always serve them fresh out of the oven - I usually have to prepare ahead of time and pack them.

I was speaking of cold crunch not warm crunch, I agree.

Around here to many even cookie shops let alone student bake sales sell these choc chip cookies that basically taste and feel like half cooked dough. (If you're going to eat dough--eat it raw as it's better!) The butter--yes people note FF's recipe very correctly says butter and unsalted at that--needs to get beyond the buerre blanc stage into the buerre noisette stage (but not beyond) to bring out the correct nutty flavors together with the flour.

Buy actual skirt steak - don't let anyone tell you that flank steak is the same thing.

You are correct they are absolutely not the same.  Of course I prefer flank...  :o

You are correct they are absolutely not the same. Of course I prefer flank... :o

With this recipe you wouldn't. Not even close.

Yippee...our first fight!!! Let the personal attacks begin...

pointcounterpoint.png

I'll bust out this gif again... Pretty much the only one I have.

NnoGhN1.gif

The words of a weak chef.....

I am still pretty weak this morning, although feeling a thousand times better than this time yesterday morning when I came to on the bathroom floor. Thanks for your concern for my health!

I am still pretty weak this morning, although feeling a thousand times better than this time yesterday morning when I came to on the bathroom floor. Thanks for your concern for my health!

When I had that virus about a month ago, it was about a 48-72 hour thing. I really, really wanted to die the first 24 hours. I felt like you describe...weak, and that lasted several days afterward. Rest was the only thing that cured me.

With this recipe you wouldn't. Not even close.

I actually do like skirt...

steak.

I actually do like skirt...

steak.

And I like flank.  See how we can all get along?

But if you make the fajitas, try it with skirt steak first before trying it with flank so you can see what it is supposed to taste like.  Then if you prefer flank, go for it.

I prefer to skirt around the flank and then flank the skirt.

Ok, here it is.  This recipe has been getting people laid for more than 20 years....

Fajita Marinade

1 ½ cups oil

¾ cup soy sauce

2 Tablespoons dry mustard

2 ½ teaspoons salt

1 Tablespoon pepper

½ cup wine vinegar

1 ½ Tablespoons dry parsley

2 crushed garlic cloves

1/3 cup lemon juice

½ cup Worcestershire Sauce

Buy skirt steak and chicken breasts, trim off extra fat and place in a large (2.5 gallon) ziploc bag.  Mix the marinade and pour over the meat, then place the bag in the fridge.  You want to marinate for at least 24 hours, I usually mix it up two days in advance.  During those two days, you want to "massage" the meat often to make sure all the flavors are being evenly distributed.  Buy actual skirt steak - don't let anyone tell you that flank steak is the same thing.  If you are doing more than 5 or 6 pounds of meat, you may want to do a double batch of the marinade.

On the big night:

Remove the meat from the bag and grill.  Let it rest a bit before slicing so the juices can redistribute.  Slice the skirt steak against the grain.  Serve with warm tortillas and all your favorite fixins: grilled onions and peppers, shredded lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, grated cheese, guacamole, etc.  Throughout this whole process, drink colossal margaritas.

So you are supposed to be drinking colossal margaritas for 48 hours?