Sign in to follow this  
PurpleDawg

Weather Thread

The first of three or four winter storms in a row will hit here this evening. 2-7" of snow (depending on elevation), then a deep freeze, then more snow Sunday night/Monday, followed by a week filled with more snow events. Portlanders remind me of Texans driving in an ice storm...hell bent for leather in an F150 with no weight on the rear axle. This should be fun! I've been to the store and I've got my hippy storm food. Now I can just sit at home and watch what happens. Let 'er rip! ❄️🌬️⛷️

18 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

The first of three or four winter storms in a row will hit here this evening. 2-7" of snow (depending on elevation), then a deep freeze, then more snow Sunday night/Monday, followed by a week filled with more snow events. Portlanders remind me of Texans driving in an ice storm...hell bent for leather in an F150 with no weight on the rear axle. This should be fun! I've been to the store and I've got my hippy storm food. Now I can just sit at home and watch what happens. Let 'er rip! ❄️🌬️⛷️

Heavy rain here right now and on through the night. Then turning cold as the back side of the low brings down polar air just like you. Can you say "ice"?

1 hour ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

Heavy rain here right now and on through the night. Then turning cold as the back side of the low brings down polar air just like you. Can you say "ice"?

Two years ago, the forecasters said "1 inch of snow, max." We got 11" and then about 3/4" of ice on top of that. It was terrible. I hate ice. It's what FW usually gets and it just screws up everything and isn't even fun like snow. Good luck with yours.

I am hugely disappointed. It looks like a light dusting of powdered sugar on a spice cake outside my house, while other areas in Portland got as much as 5" of snow. And, the anticipated storms lining up for next week are fizzling, too. So much for #Snowmageddon2019. Harumph!

4 hours ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

Mein Gott!!! There's this bright yellow thing clearly set in a blue field out my window. What could these be???

Don't look directly at it. Put on your eclipse glasses from last year.

I have mentioned in the past that it gets cold in my house in winter.  It is 54 degrees in the living room at 6:00am this morning.  I don't care what the temperature is in Wisconsin today.  54 degrees is cold for a living room. 

18 minutes ago, AlohaFrog said:

I have mentioned in the past that it gets cold in my house in winter.  It is 54 degrees in the living room at 6:00am this morning.  I don't care what the temperature is in Wisconsin today.  54 degrees is cold for a living room. 

Wow! I agree, that's too cold for Paradise. My living room is about that cold when I get up in the morning lately. I only heat the room I'm currently in, so overnight the bedroom gets the space heater and the rest of the house cools off quite a bit. Do you have any heat source, @AlohaFrog?

P.S. We should ask @Feeling Froggy how cold his house is today. :D

Oh look, PD...The jet stream is pulling air from Northern Alaska and the Bering Sea right down to you!!! What a nice present.  https://www.netweather.tv/charts-and-data/global-jetstream#2019/02/11/1200Z/jetstream/surface/level/overlay=jetstream/orthographic=-127.83,37.28,712

And Aloha can move the map (click and hold) and see how the same is happening for Hawaii!!!