Sign in to follow this  
PurpleDawg

Weather Thread

I'm a weather geek and I know Newf is, too. There's some severe weather heading for DFW and all over the Midwest right now. I enjoy following a storm chaser named David Drummond. He's also a great photographer. This is the site he streams on. Enlarge the map a little and then click on the red dot closest to San Angelo. It's nastiest down there right now. Fascinating.

If you don't have it already, get the Wundermaps app on your iPhone.  Way cool.

I'm a weather geek and I know Newf is, too. There's some severe weather heading for DFW and all over the Midwest right now. I enjoy following a storm chaser named David Drummond. He's also a great photographer. This is the site he streams on. Enlarge the map a little and then click on the red dot closest to San Angelo. It's nastiest down there right now. Fascinating.

All I want from the weather right now is enough warmth to begin to set fiberglass resin and to dry bottom paint!

Dawg oughta be here....storm system with hail and possible tornadoes moving through Stephenville on its way to FW.....if any of you know Morgan Mill (near Stephenville), the bad weather is nearby where 40,000 folks are at some kind of outdoor music festival...

Dawg oughta be here....storm system with hail and possible tornadoes moving through Stephenville on its way to FW.....if any of you know Morgan Mill (near Stephenville), the bad weather is nearby where 40,000 folks are at some kind of outdoor music festival...

I'm watching the aftermatch, OS. I was out for a couple of hours. Sounds like there are trees down....high wind and lots of rain. The spotters are tracking it toward FW.

Have they cancelled the baseball game yet? Severe warning just posted for FW.

Delkas is saying 75-80 mph straight line winds possible within about a half hour in west FW.

Starting to hear some thunder here a bit east of Benbrook Lake.

Heavy rains starting.

6:29 Now Pete is saying 90-95mph winds possible. 

Sounds like some hail starting.

It's kind of weird watching a guy drive through areas that I know really well. I was watching a guy going from Granbuy up to Cresson and now I'm watching somebody who is driving what must be the Chisolm Trail toll road. 

They said on the beeper alert that it's moving at 55mph.

I'm at the bar. If you're gonna go down, might as well go down with a good beer.

Prosit!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have tornado warnings for just north of me,....and just south of me.

I am, as always, the king of the tornado near miss.

Nice to see David Finfrock. I''m glad y'all still have him to tell you what's happening. He'd be so bored up here.

No game tonight. 12:00 and 4:00 tomorrow. Mr. Sidekick didn't realize his mic was on when he was talking to the studio. I got a scoop!

Shit's going thru Midlothian right now.  That's the stuff that passed just to my south.

My cousin posted a video a few minutes ago. Hailing and blowing like a mother#$%@er down there right now. One guy I went to high school with (who ended up at TCU) is stuck in a refrigerator at Buffalo Wild Wings in Waxahachie with everybody else in the restaurant.

Definitely one thing I don't miss about Texas ...

We are only 11 days away from the 20th anniversary of the Mayfest hail storm.

We are only 11 days away from the 20th anniversary of the Mayfest hail storm.

Day after my 20th birthday ...

Definitely one thing I don't miss about Texas ...

I don't, either. Honestly, I think I prefer the snow. Seriously.

Day after my 20th birthday ...

You are going to be 20 in 10 days?