Sign in to follow this  
Luke Chisolm

Oh, yeah, Florida...you're back!

Yep. I tend to get on, make a post or two in the general board, then completely forget I posted and to check back.

We have fun over here. You should waste time with us more often.

Florida may be back for a while, but then it sinks under the sea.

Not soon enough (except for $mooth, of course)

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article63015152.html

The signs of trouble at the Miami-area assisted living facility began just after the elderly woman, reeking of urine, escaped from the home and flagged down a driver, pleading for help.

She had not been fed that day, she said, but the worst part of living at the Alita and John Haran ALF was she was unable to breathe because of the thick stench that permeated the sprawling facility, she told police.

When officers arrived, they found another woman lying on a mattress soaked in urine, mounds of animal feces on the floors and a hole in the wall where a water pipe had burst. On the property: 48 cats and 16 dogs, but perhaps the most troubling discovery was found stuffed in a freezer: the carcasses of a dozen cats.

3 minutes ago, frogtwang said:

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article63015152.html

The signs of trouble at the Miami-area assisted living facility began just after the elderly woman, reeking of urine, escaped from the home and flagged down a driver, pleading for help.

She had not been fed that day, she said, but the worst part of living at the Alita and John Haran ALF was she was unable to breathe because of the thick stench that permeated the sprawling facility, she told police.

When officers arrived, they found another woman lying on a mattress soaked in urine, mounds of animal feces on the floors and a hole in the wall where a water pipe had burst. On the property: 48 cats and 16 dogs, but perhaps the most troubling discovery was found stuffed in a freezer: the carcasses of a dozen cats.

dVVMKr8.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

This has already been posted. But it bears multiple postings.

This is the thread where it belongs ...

28 minutes ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

Depends whether you think God or Florida is more important.

Depends on if it's spring break or not.,,,,,

cause whatever happens in Florida during spring break, you can always ask for forgiveness later.

3 minutes ago, weklfrog said:

Depends on if it's spring break or not.,,,,,

cause whatever happens in Florida during spring break, you can always ask for forgiveness later.

I always preferred asking the doctor for penicillin.

5 minutes ago, Hfrog1999 said:

Why the hell was a loaded firearm in the backseat with her son?

The quest for freedom from regulation by an autocratic government? The kid was also not wearing a seatbelt nor in a chair.

I saw her facebook page before she closed it. Definitely a nutcase. Guns are toys and symbols to her not working tools for putting holes in things. That is a problem for many of her ilk.

4 minutes ago, Hfrog1999 said:

Why the hell was a loaded firearm in the backseat with her son?

because the mother is an idiot....and now quite possibly a criminal.

9 hours ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

The quest for freedom from regulation by an autocratic government? The kid was also not wearing a seatbelt nor in a chair.

I saw her facebook page before she closed it. Definitely a nutcase. Guns are toys and symbols to her not working tools for putting holes in things. That is a problem for many of her ilk.

I know plenty of conservative gun owners, none of whom would leave a loaded gun in the backseat with a child.  This woman appears unqualified to operate a car let alone own a gun or raise a child.  Hopefully she'll be okay and learn from her mistake.

• Upvote (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, Hfrog1999 said:

I know plenty of conservative gun owners, none of whom would leave a loaded gun in the backseat with a child.  This woman appears unqualified to operate a car let alone own a gun or raise a child.  Hopefully she'll be okay and learn from her mistake.

But she's of conservative "ilk!"

3 minutes ago, Luke Chisolm said:

Yeah, I've noticed several gleeful commentators online trying to use this incident as an opportunity to attack gun rights advocates.  She's a Darwin Award candidate, but so is this woman.

http://www.khou.com/story/news/2014/07/20/11739944/

They made the same kind of mistake but for political reasons the story of the mother with the gun is celebrated 

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hfrog1999 said:

She's a poster child for the success of excess. The gun lobby has pushed firearms as a lifestyle and political choice as well as a lucrative business. Eventually you permeate the people qualified to be gun owners and start selling to the people who follow trends like getting tattoos, joining megachurches, and sucking on e-cigs because they see everyone else doing it. The impulsive follower is one of the largest demographics in the country, or at least I believe so, since I just made it up.

Gun culture in the 2010's is like drug culture in the 60's. Way too pervasive. Of course, I'm a gun snob and think only regular guys who can change their own oil and police ladies should own guns. I dislike "cute" gun accessories marketed to women. That's just asking for trouble. 

2 hours ago, Luke Chisolm said:

3 hours ago, Hfrog1999 said:

Never said "conservative", actually that was '99 as can be seen here...though, to be honest, she probably thinks she is conservative and styles herself as such in her own mind. I would call her nuts, personally. Her site was full of all the normal far out gun nut sayings, pictures of her "toys" (that's a quote), guns as political symbols of her life, and pictures of her children toting guns. That is the "ilk" to which I refer.

No need to be so sensitive, guys! I can't believe you really want to claim her if you step back and think about it. Remember I have a pile of guns too. I just don't consider them toys and political symbols, I consider them tools/devices for drilling holes in things.

Well I will admit a strong emotional attachment to my 1954 model year .270 cal Model 70. But that is because it was willed to me by my father and it has been my most used hunting arm for many decades. It's still a tool. I also have some of his precision mechanic's tools.

3 hours ago, pcf said:

... Of course, I'm a gun snob and think only regular guys who can change their own oil and police ladies should own guns. I dislike "cute" gun accessories marketed to women. That's just asking for trouble. 

I needed a 9mm speedloader a month ago as loading some brand new mags outside in the cold was both tearing up and freezing my fingers. At the local all service gun shop that stocks rather than orders stuff the only one there was pink [gag]. Like I'd be caught  dead with a pink speedloader. They said all the black ones had been sold and they were waiting on a new shipment. Order to Cabela's Canada was out that day with express delivery. Cost much more because of shipping but at least I have a manly speedloader and now much more healthy fingers.

Just imagine being caught with this...

pink-lula.jpg

A definite turn-in-your-mancard offense.

4 minutes ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

I needed a 9mm speedloader a month ago as loading some brand new mags outside in the cold was both tearing up and freezing my fingers. At the local all service gun shop that stocks rather than orders stuff the only one there was pink [gag]. Like I'd be caught  dead with a pink speedloader. They said all the black ones had been sold and they were waiting on a new shipment. Order to Cabela's Canada was out that day with express delivery. Cost much more because of shipping but at least I have a manly speedloader and now much more healthy fingers.

Just imagine being caught with this...

pink-lula.jpg

A definite turn-in-your-mancard offense.

I think that falls under the Tony Ayala rule.

He was a GG boxer when I was little and showed up at state with pink boxing shorts. Ha ha. He was a bad dude in the ring and out of it.

Pink on a man is like colors on a snake. They might be harmless, but there's a chance they are deadly. 

1 hour ago, pcf said:

I think that falls under the Tony Ayala rule.

He was a GG boxer when I was little and showed up at state with pink boxing shorts. Ha ha. He was a bad dude in the ring and out of it.

Pink on a man is like colors on a snake. They might be harmless, but there's a chance they are deadly. 

You just have to be man enough to wear pink.