Radio Shack Killa

God save us....

1 hour ago, Rothbardian said:

Didn't younger voters skew to Bernie? I wonder how many of those feel bernt by the way the establishment knighted Biden as their choice?

Skewed to Bernie and Warren.  You’re not alone in wondering how many feel bernt.  (We were warrened about that.)

That said, if you garner enthusiasm with the under-30 demographic, it’ll get you SOME additional votes that you wouldn’t have gotten by picking, say, Sherrod Brown. (We’ll know how many when the exit polls come in in November.)

Of course, the hard core Bernie Bros will either write in Bernie or vote for Trump. What else is new?

37 minutes ago, Army Frog Fan said:

So you have a 95% chance of not going to the hospital? And a 99% chance of surviving if you get it?  Let’s kill the economy and make kids’ lives miserable...or not

It’s a little unsettling how quickly some have gone from “this clump of cells supersedes all of your bodily autonomy rights” to “welp, grandma had a good run but I gotta get me some fried cheese at Applebees.”

26 minutes ago, Friskyfrog said:

It’s a little unsettling how quickly some have gone from “this clump of cells supersedes all of your bodily autonomy rights” to “welp, grandma had a good run but I gotta get me some fried cheese at Applebees.”

Funny that you incorrectly assume my position on abortion.

9 minutes ago, Army Frog Fan said:

Funny that you incorrectly assume my position on abortion.

I said “some,” not you. It’s a general observation from those who identify to the right. It is genuinely unsettling to me that I find myself arguing the basic premise of the value of a human life.

Remember when Trump criticized Obama for playing golf during the Ebola outbreak?

ENIMXb0WoAASf8X.png

That outbreak took 2 American lives.  So today, as the American death toll for COVID-19 passed 98,000, Trump is....playing golf.

(please note, I'm not diminishing the value of those 2 lives lost in 2014.  In fact, Trump was right to criticize Obama - the presidency is a 24/7 commitment, and especially so during a time of crisis.  It's really the stunningly naked hypocrisy of the whole thing - the attitude that rules apply to others but not him.)

1 hour ago, Friskyfrog said:

Yeah, but when you can have marinara AND ranch as dipping sauce...

3 hours ago, Friskyfrog said:

...“welp, grandma had a good run but I gotta get me some fried cheese at Applebees.”

Come on now...what do you think was behind William Wallace's cry of "FRREEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMM!"? Surely it was based upon no greater injustice.

20 hours ago, Friskyfrog said:

At least we found a way to way social security solvent again...

All joking aside, there were dramatic differences between how NY and Florida treated their nursing home population.

12 hours ago, Radio Shack Killa said:

My daughter isnt thrilled, but nowhere near miserable.

And her grades are up.

Grades up! Guns down!

The LP Party nominated Jo Jorgensen!

She's more practical than the idealistic Kokesh or Hornberger.

https://joj2020.com/

I'm not sure what to think of her since she got her undergrad at Baylor...and a MBA at SMU. At least her Ph.D was from Clemson.

She is easily the smartest presidential candidate RN.

• Thanks (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Friskyfrog said:

Harris was my favorite candidate from the start. I will be thrilled if he picks her for VP.

Harris was too problematic in my eyes. In her book she wrote about the (paraphrasing here) deep and dark history of people using the prosecutor role as an instrument of injustice, but she glosses over the fact that her own office contributed to that fact.

Baca v. Adams was a classic example. She also spearheaded the attack on Backpage which was a direct attack on sex workers but let cops who were involved in underage sex-trafficking go free.

The meme's about her were brutal...

Tulsi's takedown of Harris was epic...she basically had to drop out of the race after that.

I'll definitely keep an open mind, as I agree that the major parties haven't delivered the best candidates.

she got her undergrad at Baylor...and a MBA at SMU.

source.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

For those who are intellectually honest, you can blame Trump for the 100,000 COVID deaths or the 38 million unemployed, but not both...

26 minutes ago, Rothbardian said:

For those who are intellectually honest, you can blame Trump for the 100,000 COVID deaths or the 38 million unemployed, but not both...

He himself might disagree with you:

ETMRNdNXsAAhYtL.png

Then again, I wouldn't consider him intellectually honest 🤪

• Haha  (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Rothbardian said:

The virus caused both. Better leadership would have resulted in better numbers for both. It was never a “choose life or choose money” dichotomy.

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Friskyfrog said:

The virus caused both. Better leadership would have resulted in better numbers for both. It was never a “choose life or choose money” dichotomy.

Please explain how both numbers can be better at the same time...

29 minutes ago, Rothbardian said:

Please explain how both numbers can be better at the same time...

The US and South Korea recorded their first cases on the same day. South Korea ended up with way fewer deaths, but also way less economic impact.

On 5/24/2020 at 8:06 AM, Rothbardian said:

She's more practical than the idealistic Kokesh or Hornberger.

https://joj2020.com/

I'm not sure what to think of her since she got her undergrad at Baylor...and a MBA at SMU. At least her Ph.D was from Clemson.

She seems like a good way forward.  I'm just confused by joj2020 instead of jojo2020.  Seems a little easier to remember.

Dr. Jo Jo for President!

#ImWithHer

19 hours ago, Friskyfrog said:

The US and South Korea recorded their first cases on the same day. South Korea ended up with way fewer deaths, but also way less economic impact.

This.