Radio Shack Killa

God save us....

34 minutes ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

We know what a royal bug you are! You're just hoping he IS so you can be queen!

You gotta get past me first, and I WILL cut a bitch.

11 hours ago, Newbomb Turk said:

No, and I think I’ve explained that.

I also think we’ve chased this discussion into a repetitive rabbit hole.

I’m  perfectly comfortable with you mistakenly thinking I’m a hypocrite and you’re no doubt equally comfortable with me (mistakenly as well, to your mind) thinking that you’re hopelessly unrealistic. Let’s leave it at that.

Just stay away from Ivory Soap, man. It’s only 99 44/100% pure!

You are right, I don't think it is hopeless to not vote for a sex offender...

I do wonder a what point does supporting a sex offender become untenable. One more victim? Two more victims?

Does Ron Kessler's book change anyone's mind?

Des Moines, Carson City, and Hartford, just to name a few.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

This lady's credibility is not looking any better after this...

Defense lawyers in California are reviewing criminal cases in which Tara Reade, the former Senate aide who has accused Joseph R. Biden Jr. of sexual assault, served as an expert witness on domestic violence, concerned that she misrepresented her educational credentials in court.

Then known as Alexandra McCabe, Ms. Reade testified as a government witness in Monterey County courts for nearly a decade, describing herself as an expert in the dynamics of domestic violence who had counseled hundreds of victims.

But lawyers who had faced off against her in court began raising questions about the legitimacy of her testimony, and the verdicts that followed, after news reports this week that Antioch University had disputed her claim of receiving a bachelor’s degree from its Seattle campus.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/21/us/politics/tara-reade-credentials.html

• Upvote (+1) 1

If anyone has questions about voting by mail, I'd be happy to answer as much as possible since that's all that's done here in Oregon. It's not the Fraud-O-Rama that's being portrayed.

9 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

If anyone has questions about voting by mail, I'd be happy to answer as much as possible since that's all that's done here in Oregon. It's not the Fraud-O-Rama that's being portrayed.

So PurpleDawg is your real name???

2CBB259F400649DBB36B.gif

• Haha  (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

Kamala Harris or Val Demings

Fingers and toes crossed for Harris because she's really sharp and would be a fantastic #47, but I'd take Demings.

2 hours ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

It's good to see that the fatality rate is low - but I guess that just means the transmission rate is pretty high because the sheer number of deaths is staggering and dwarfs that of even an exceptionally high year for the season flu.

Well, when Dem[certain] Governors mandate that sick elderly patients be admitted into nursing homes, exposing the highest risk population to unnecessary deaths...your numbers get skewed.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/05/22/coronavirus-update-us/

President Trump said that if governors do not follow his recommendations to allow in-person religious services to resume, he will “override” them. Trump did not specify what that meant during an appearance in the White House briefing room and did not take any questions. “In America we need more prayer, not less,” Trump said.

5 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

Fingers and toes crossed for Harris because she's really sharp and would be a fantastic #47, but I'd take Demings.

Harris has always been my first choice for Veep ever since I saw her questioning uncooperative witnesses in Senate hearings.  She’s razor sharp.  I’m not as taken with Klobuchar, but I think she’d be a smart electoral college pick to appeal to the Rust Belt.

I love Elizabeth Warren to death.  She’s too far left for my tastes, but I could live with that.  My big objection to Warren as Veep is that we NEED HER IN THE SENATE!  Make her chairman of the Banking Committee when and if the Dems retake the Senate and Turn. Her. Loose.

I had to look up Val Demings - wasn’t familiar with the name, then I remembered her.  She’s good in hearings, but I hope he picks someone with a higher profile.

Stacy Abrams is sharp as a tack and, as my dear departed mother would say, “very articulate,” but like Demings, she’s too regional.  

He needs to pick a serving Senator, IMHO.

Demings certainly lacks name recognition on a national level to this point.  But if they believe she can create a 3-point swing in her home state and deliver Florida's 29 electoral votes, she'll be under strong consideration.  

Any senator in contention needs to be from a state where the governor can be relied upon to fill the seat with a Dem. There can't be any losses in the Senate next term. So, Warren is out as far as that goes. Plus, she's too old. This election is about setting up the next gen of national politicians.

I really like Klobuchar, but she's not fierce enough to go up against the crap that's coming in the last few months of this election.

Abrams doesn't have enough experience yet, but she'll be great when her time comes. Put her in a cabinet office, maybe. Same with Demings, if I'm honest. Not enough political experience, but she'd be great in a cabinet post.

I really think Biden will decide he needs a black VP candidate to be sure he's got the POC vote wrapped up, even with Obama going all in to help him.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Klobuchar is a safe pick and probably the wisest pick.

I don't think Biden has to select a POC, he has that vote locked up, or do you think having a POC on the ticket will increase turnout?

Things that make you go hmmm...

Wondering how many people committing assaults over mask wearing in the name of individual liberty think its ok for pizza places and bakeries to refuse to serve homosexuals.

• Haha  (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Rothbardian said:

Klobuchar is a safe pick and probably the wisest pick.

I don't think Biden has to select a POC, he has that vote locked up, or do you think having a POC on the ticket will increase turnout?

Turnout is going to be the deciding factor, and yes, it pains me to say that having a POC will increase enthusiasm / turnout among not just POC’s but younger voters, who are less enthusiastic about Biden.

(There’s some obscure clause in the Constitution that VP picks SHALL be made primarily to increase electoral chances, although the concept of “balancing the ticket” with someone of different expertise / life experience is valid, IMO.)

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Newbomb Turk said:

Turnout is going to be the deciding factor, and yes, it pains me to say that having a POC will increase enthusiasm / turnout among not just POC’s but younger voters, who are less enthusiastic about Biden.

(There’s some obscure clause in the Constitution that VP picks SHALL be made primarily to increase electoral chances, although the concept of “balancing the ticket” with someone of different expertise / life experience is valid, IMO.)

Didn't younger voters skew to Bernie? I wonder how many of those feel bernt by the way the establishment knighted Biden as their choice?

• Upvote (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Rothbardian said:

Didn't younger voters skew to Bernie? I wonder how many of those feel bernt by the way the establishment knighted Biden as their choice?

In HRC’s case it was the establishment, in Biden’s case it was more the African-American community.  South Carolina changed everything. 

I’ve read some really interesting articles by black authors about why Biden is held in such high esteem (fascinating to me since Biden was nowhere near my favorite candidate). Basically there is a ton of respect for the fact that Biden willingly took a backseat to a black man who was younger and much less established. For eight years he was a dedicated wingman who didn’t try to steal the spotlight or force his own agenda. Biden’s gaffe is not going to linger in the AA community. He’s their guy.

Harris was my favorite candidate from the start. I will be thrilled if he picks her for VP.