Radio Shack Killa

God save us....

43 minutes ago, Newbomb Turk said:

Which brings us to FF’s position.  Do the math.  Per Wikipedia, Biden still has 22 allegations left before he matches those leveled against Donald Tump.  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump_sexual_misconduct_allegations

I’ve been voting since 1976 and I’ve never, ever, ever voted for anything but the lesser of two evils.

#Biden2020

Largely agree.  I'm just really disappointed with Biden as my de facto candidate.  The two Dems I really didnt want were Bernie and Biden, the last two.  I would have been pretty happy with any of the others (well maybe not Marrianne or Tulsi).

I said before I'd vote for a wet dish rag over Trump.  Feels like that's about what I got ...

Maybe I missed this before: our moron president is now blaming the Obama administration for creating faulty tests for this virus...which was not known to exist while Obama was in office.

The buck always stops elsewhere with this absolute child of an aging fat man.  Dissembling the executive branch team responsible for a potential pandemic was just a symptom of his stupidity, and casting the blame elsewhere for his administration's shortcomings makes those who continue to support him look even dumber than he is.

• Upvote (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

Maybe I missed this before: our moron president is now blaming the Obama administration for creating faulty tests for this virus...which was not known to exist while Obama was in office.

The buck always stops elsewhere with this absolute child of an aging fat man.  Dissembling the executive branch team responsible for a potential pandemic was just a symptom of his stupidity, and casting the blame elsewhere for his administration's shortcomings makes those who continue to support him look even dumber than he is.

It's a tried and true strategy: 

1. Throw out as many disparate semi-rational to absolutely off-the-wall (e.g., Obama's "failed" test) accusations that you think critical portions of the electorate will respond to you can think of.

2. Wait to see which seem to have traction.

3. Hone in on those.

4. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Willie Horton gained good traction.

Benghazi/emails gained a little which was just enough.

"The Bomb" worked very well for LBJ. Remember "Daisy" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDTBnsqxZ3k?

10 hours ago, Newbomb Turk said:

My unsolicited two cents:

There’s an asymmetric power dynamic inherent in powerful-male-accused-of-assault-against-female-employee cases.  One valid way to respond to that imbalance is to conditionally believe the allegation until evidence proves otherwise.  So I’ll conditionally believe Tara Reid.

I believe (without a shred of evidence) that most accusations of this type are valid.  (Conversely, I note that there are powerful interests highly motivated to produce false accusations against Presidential candidates.)

I don’t know what happened and I never will, no matter what evidence comes out, because I wasn’t there.

Which brings us to FF’s position.  Do the math.  Per Wikipedia, Biden still has 22 allegations left before he matches those leveled against Donald Tump.  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump_sexual_misconduct_allegations

I’ve been voting since 1976 and I’ve never, ever, ever voted for anything but the lesser of two evils.

#Biden2020

The issue for me, and I assume many who are appalled by the Tara Reade story's lack of coverage, has little to do with Biden. My main beef is that the media has completely ignored it to cover for Biden, because it's (D)ifferent when (D)emocrats they like (D)o it. In 19 days after Dr. Ford's story broke, CNN did 700 stories on her allegations. In 24 days after Reade's story broke, CNN did...0.  CNN did not address it until days after the Larry King Interview surfaced. Even now, more than a month after her story broke, Trump, Bernie, and Pelosi have all been asked more questions (1) about this than Biden (0).

I remain the same that I did with Dr. Ford. Skeptical about the timing. She came forward this time last year claiming sexual harassment. Was that because she wanted to help Trump? No, more likely she's feeling the Bern, or is a Warren supporter. So then her new allegations come in March, once Biden is the presumed nominee, again to me are suspect and again lead me to believe she's a Bernie fan. But regardless, no news coverage. CNN gushed over Avenetti running BS accusations against Kavanaugh. The media was all over every angle of the story, but they have just finally decided to cover this after basically being given no choice.  Even the former prosecutor, who is now a USA today op-ed columnist, took time to break down Reade's claim had this to say just last year:

So Kavanaugh continues to be credibly charged (*narrator: "He was not charged, he was accused, and as a former prosecutor, Stern knows this"*), but Reade's claim is so "bunk," in his words, that it needn't even be covered?  The media is a joke. As is a good chunk of the outrage mob:

No photo description available.

15 hours ago, Friskyfrog said:

...I would vote for a joint Art Briles / Jim Delaney ticket over Trump. ...

If that day came, I think drinking bleach to really "cleanse" my innards would be in order.

There has been NO lack of coverage on Tara Reade.  To say so is to simply ignore reality. A sampling of just the past few days from "liberal", "fake" sources "burying" the story.

Let's take Wapo. Seaching there gets:

1,220 results for "tara reade"
HZ4BWHEK7II6VAG72JFTLJLIVY.jpg
...several weeks this past month carefully looking at Tara Reade’s allegation. Then, new potential evidence emerged...
Amber Phillips · The Fix · Apr 30, 2020

DXTZ4SRP7MI6VFY3IO7MH74YMA.jpg
...doubt.’ Why not Tara Reade? The Post’s View: Biden himself should address the Tara Reade allegations and...
Erik Wemple · Opinions · Apr 30, 2020

YNBBLCUKYUI6VAG72JFTLJLIVY.jpg
...seriousness of and flaws in Tara Reade’s allegations Molly Roberts: The problems Tara Reade’s allegation runs us...
Marc A. Thiessen · Opinions · Apr 30, 2020

JFYPXJTDBEI6VCUOLRJTNMZHMA.jpg
...matter of former vice president Joe Biden and Tara Reade, the former Biden staffer who has alleged that...
Ruth Marcus · Apr 29, 2020

2GYADZEKLAI6VCWBX6ZFBB3LPI.jpg
...TARA READE deserves to be heard, and voters deserve to hear her. They deserve to hear from Joe Biden,...
Editorial Board · Apr 29, 2020

524Z7TTDJYI6VCUOLRJTNMZHMA.jpg
... of the accused is back on a Democratic foot. Tara Reade, who worked for Joe Biden in the early 1990s,...
Megan McArdle · Apr 28, 2020

Then there is "fake" CNN..

Displaying results 1-10 out of 17 for tara reade
200417134513-106-joe-biden-lead-image-st

Biden denies sexual assault allegation: 'This never happened'

May 1, 2020
Joe Biden released a statement ...

University of Delaware says it still has no plans to release Biden's Senate papers, as pressure mounts

Apr 30, 2020
The university that possesses a trove of Joe Biden's Senate papers ...
200430091456-nancy-pelosi-story-body.jpg

Pelosi pushed on Biden accusation after endorsement

Apr 30, 2020
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is pushed by CNN's Alisyn Camerota on Tara Reade's allegation against former Vice President Joe Biden. Reade accuses Biden of an incident of sexual assault in 1993. The Biden campaign has denied these allegations.
200430091456-nancy-pelosi-story-body.jpg

Pelosi remains 'satisfied' with Biden's response to sexual assault allegation

Apr 30, 2020
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi reiterated Thursday she's "satisfied" with how Joe Biden has responded to a sexual assault allegation from a former Senate staffer...

Joe Biden's campaign is twisting a New York Times story to defend against the Tara Reade allegations

Apr 29, 2020
On Tuesday night, CNN's Don Lemon asked former Georgia state lawmaker...

Kirsten Gillibrand on Tara Reade allegation: 'I support Vice President Biden'

Apr 29, 2020
Democratic Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand of New York has offered her support...

Stacey Abrams on sexual assault allegation against former VP: 'I believe Joe Biden'

Apr 29, 2020
Former Democratic Georgia gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams ...
200428202532-tara-reade-1992-story-body.

Ex-neighbor says Reade told her about Biden allegations in 90s

Apr 28, 2020
A former neighbor of Tara Reade, a woman who has accused ...

And the broke NYTimes...

The problem here is NOT "lack of coverage". It is the "failure" to toe the party line for the "correct" party. It is also a failure to assert something so easily disproven.

22 minutes ago, Army Frog Fan said:

The issue for me, and I assume many who are appalled by the Tara Reade story's lack of coverage, has little to do with Biden. My main beef is that the media has completely ignored it to cover for Biden, because it's (D)ifferent when (D)emocrats they like (D)o it. In 19 days after Dr. Ford's story broke, CNN did 700 stories on her allegations. In 24 days after Reade's story broke, CNN did...0.  CNN did not address it until days after the Larry King Interview surfaced. Even now, more than a month after her story broke, Trump, Bernie, and Pelosi have all been asked more questions (1) about this than Biden (0).

I remain the same that I did with Dr. Ford. Skeptical about the timing. She came forward this time last year claiming sexual harassment. Was that because she wanted to help Trump? No, more likely she's feeling the Bern, or is a Warren supporter. So then her new allegations come in March, once Biden is the presumed nominee, again to me are suspect and again lead me to believe she's a Bernie fan. But regardless, no news coverage. CNN gushed over Avenetti running BS accusations against Kavanaugh. The media was all over every angle of the story, but they have just finally decided to cover this after basically being given no choice.  Even the former prosecutor, who is now a USA today op-ed columnist, took time to break down Reade's claim had this to say just last year:

I will extend the media some defense in that the Reede story broke in the middle of the biggest extended news story since 9/11.  I'm starting to see quite a bit about it now, and enough of a spotlight has shone on it that Biden is now forced to go on TV to address it.

And while the Biden/Kavanaugh parallel is perhaps appropriate, before we totally blame this on media bias, take a look at the parallels with Trump.  None of Trump's allegations have been taken particularly seriously by the media.  The only evidence of his assaults that got any attention was him candidly admitting to "grabbing 'em by the pussy."  And aside from that, neither the media (nor the religious right for that matter) gave much of a shit.

Not sure I have an explanation for why allegations stick on some men but not on others.  But it isn't necessarily party related ...

1 minute ago, Duquesne Frog said:

I will extend the media some defense in that the Reede story broke in the middle of the biggest extended news story since 9/11.  I'm starting to see quite a bit about it now, and enough of a spotlight has shone on it that Biden is now forced to go on TV to address it.

And while the Biden/Kavanaugh parallel is perhaps appropriate, before we totally blame this on media bias, take a look at the parallels with Trump.  None of Trump's allegations have been taken particularly seriously by the media.  The only evidence of his assaults that got any attention was him basically candidly admitting to "grabbing 'em by the pussy."  And aside from that, neither the media (nor the religious right for that matter) gave much of a shit.

Not sure I have an explanation for why allegations stick on some men but not on others.  But it isn't necessarily party related ...

They ran heavy with the Jean Carroll story until she went on CNN and said "most people think of rape as being sexy" and that her encounter with Trump was "not sexual." Then she went away.  

7 minutes ago, Army Frog Fan said:

Look at the dates of everything you just posted.

I could post hundreds more. Over 1200 more from Wapo alone on prior dates. 

6 minutes ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

I could post hundreds more. Over 1200 more from Wapo alone on prior dates. 

So she first came forward a year ago...and WaPo has written an average of more than 3 articles per day on her? Or better yet, her sexual assault allegation is about 30 days old. That's about 40 articles per day. But you're right.  They are covering it with such vigor.

The Office Reaction GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

32 minutes ago, Army Frog Fan said:

So she first came forward a year ago...and WaPo has written an average of more than 3 articles per day on her? Or better yet, her sexual assault allegation is about 30 days old. That's about 40 articles per day. But you're right.  They are covering it with such vigor.

The Office Reaction GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

You are correct and I was wrong. My original search defaulted to something larger. That said, in the past month there have been 45 articles that explicitly mention "Tara Reade" by full name in Wapo alone. Not enough for you? I simply don't see how 1.5 articles/day can be characterized as "completely ignored" by any rational understanding of the meaning of the term.

Certainly none of the "extreme left" here are unaware.

39 minutes ago, Army Frog Fan said:

They ran heavy with the Jean Carroll story until she went on CNN and said "most people think of rape as being sexy" and that her encounter with Trump was "not sexual." Then she went away.  

Going by wikipedia, four other women (including his first wife) filed suit against him in court, fifteen women have publicly accused him of assault, women at 5 different Miss America contests accused him of lurking in changing rooms.  Prior to Reede, Biden's complaints had been in the "uncomfortably handsy" category.  Trump has him beat in this ignominy by a wide margin.  Biden is about to have to go through at least some gauntlet to account for his actions and since we are still before the convention, there is a greater than zero chance the damage will be bad enough that the Dems may have to consider changing candidates then.  Trump, despite having many times more accusations, never went through the same gauntlet.

1 hour ago, Army Frog Fan said:

Rape isn’t sexual. It’s an act of violence and control.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/31/2020 at 8:45 PM, Rothbardian said:

Jacob Hornberger

Is your opinion swayed at all by Justin Amash's likely entry into the race?

20 hours ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

Is your opinion swayed at all by Justin Amash's likely entry into the race?

Only if Brad Pitt is his VP...

Both libertarian candidates, Amash and Hornberger, have not been accused of sexual assault, unlike the two leading candidates from the major parties.

Democrats can nominate a different candidate than Joe Biden, he is not the nominee at this point, but I doubt they care...Republicans don't care.

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah I'm typically a third-party voter, and would really like to vote for Amash.  I hope he'll run again sometime after 2020.

Hang on a little longer, RBG! 💜

13 hours ago, Rothbardian said:

Only if Brad Pitt is his VP...

For those of you slow on the handle...

Amash-Pitt 2020

• Upvote (+1) 3

8 hours ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

Yeah I'm typically a third-party voter, and would really like to vote for Amash.  I hope he'll run again sometime after 2020.

Amash has way more name recognition than Hornberger, which has to make Nicolas Sarwak very happy. It will be interesting to see where the Mises Caucus lands on this one. They were wholeheartedly in the Hornberger camp before the Amash announcement. I would think they would stay with Hornberger because he will speak libertarianease way more than Amash would. The natural thing to conclude is an Amash/Hornberger ticket which would be a major improvement over the Johnson/Weld ticket.

2 hours ago, Rothbardian said:

For those of you slow on the handle...

Amash-Pitt 2020

Thank you.

Interesting comment from the rep Wisconsin Supreme Court Chief Justice talking about COVID spread in Wisconsin where arguments being taken where rep legislators are trying to get the court to overturn the governor's stay-at-home orders. Says a lot about her world view. And likely that of many others...

“These were due to the meatpacking, though,” she said. “That’s where Brown County got the flare. It wasn’t just the regular folks in Brown County.”

Not entirely sure justice is "blind" here, exactly.

29 minutes ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

Interesting comment from the rep Wisconsin Supreme Court Chief Justice talking about COVID spread in Wisconsin where arguments being taken where rep legislators are trying to get the court to overturn the governor's stay-at-home orders. Says a lot about her world view. And likely that of many others...

“These were due to the meatpacking, though,” she said. “That’s where Brown County got the flare. It wasn’t just the regular folks in Brown County.”

Not entirely sure justice is "blind" here, exactly.

Sorry to interrupt your liberal pity party, as the country is opening up, but I figured I'd remind you that one of the Presidential candidates said this in 2019:

"“We have this notion that somehow if you’re poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

OK, you may proceed.