Jump to content
Radio Shack Killa

God save us....

Recommended Posts

Hey, Newf.  Just watched a report on a Canadian company that is very hi-tech, but they issued a warning to a Toto to hospital at the end of December to get prepared for a viral outbreak, giving them time to line up PPE and other needs.  Of, course, there will be an outcry regarding invasion of privacy (a lot of their info comes through the tracking of cell phones), however, if it saves thousands of lives, it’s worth it.  About the only U.S. state that knew about it was California, thus the reason they went on lockdown quicker than anybody else.

Kudos to this Canadian company.  I think it’s name is Blue Dot.  You might be able to stream the 60 Minutes report if you didn’t see it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

image.jpeg
 


Master of sarcasm! Take that libs! 

  • Haha  (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really?  H'mmm...I used to do little preplanned acts like that to surreptitiously try to plant "explanations" into my parent's minds. Well when I was 12 or so. I really thought I fooled them at the time, too.

 

But I didn't. 

 

Then I grew up. Oh, I've seen cheating husbands go through the same sort of routine as part of their spousal gas lighting. But again, they usually are fooling themselves more than their wives.

 

But you're making this up, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

Really?  H'mmm...I used to do little preplanned acts like that to surreptitiously try to plant "explanations" into my parent's minds. Well when I was 12 or so. I really thought I fooled them at the time, too.

 

But I didn't. 

 

Then I grew up. Oh, I've seen cheating husbands go through the same sort of routine as part of their spousal gas lighting. But again, they usually are fooling themselves more than their wives.

 

But you're making this up, right?


I wish I was. I cannot fathom how people still support that guy. He is an idiot. 

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, frogtwang said:


I wish I was. I cannot fathom how people still support that guy. He is an idiot. 

 

As I said a few days ago, that (this whole persona) is WHY they support him. It's part of the whole bully-and-own-the-libs schtick. You see it play out in junior high where bullying idiots try to show their "power" by putting down/bullying "nerds". Appeals to those who, er, well, get their jollies from bullying and owning "others" through intimidation which is a rather sad but very true part of the human psyche...for some adolescents, at least.

 

Oh. And I'm not joking. That's my considered analysis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, frogtwang said:


I wish I was. I cannot fathom how people still support that guy. He is an idiot. 

I wonder who was tasked with coming up with that BS. You know he isn't smart enough to do it himself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh... he changed his what passes for a mind.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And maybe some of those truly noble reporters who have to sit through his dog and pony show will get real answers to the questions the American people want to ask. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

Naaaaaww. Who am I kidding?! 😒

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the end result of the #MeToo is an election with two dirty old men who credibly sexually assaulted women.  

 

Never bought the notion that Grandpa Joe was the most "electable".  

  • Sad 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2020 at 6:40 PM, Duquesne Frog said:

So the end result of the #MeToo is an election with two dirty old men who credibly sexually assaulted women.  

 

Never bought the notion that Grandpa Joe was the most "electable".  

What makes you certain that Biden is guilty? The NYT couldn't find anyone who worked with Biden or the lady in the senate to corroborate the story. And the Business Insider only found a neighbor who the accuser told, as far as I have read. I'm not saying she's lying, but why shouldn't Biden also be given the benefit of the doubt since he's said it's absolutely untrue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

What makes you certain that Biden is guilty? The NYT couldn't find anyone who worked with Biden or the lady in the senate to corroborate the story. And the Business Insider only found a neighbor who the accuser told, as far as I have read. I'm not saying she's lying, but why shouldn't Biden also be given the benefit of the doubt since he's said it's absolutely untrue?

 

The fact that her mother called into Larry King at the time is pretty damning.  A former neighbor also came out and said they discussed it 25 years ago.

  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far as I'm concerned, it would have been really, really, really good if the dems could have found some newer blood. That said, I'm willing to assume Biden is guilty of something and then to compare the 2 candidates. 

 

Biden comes out a pretty clear winner even on women's issues (something I doubt actually confuses very many women, at least, given the polling) let alone everything else.

 

If he's innocent, well that's just gravy.

 

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2018 at 11:09 PM, PurpleDawg said:

Dr. Ford has clear memories of who assaulted her. There is no need for anyone else to make up a lie to cover Kavanaugh's ass.

 

 

16 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

What makes you certain that Biden is guilty? The NYT couldn't find anyone who worked with Biden or the lady in the senate to corroborate the story. And the Business Insider only found a neighbor who the accuser told, as far as I have read. I'm not saying she's lying, but why shouldn't Biden also be given the benefit of the doubt since he's said it's absolutely untrue?

 

 

Let me guess...it's (D)ifferent this time?

  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the things I see that is troubling for me is that this lady's accusation changed over time from Biden harassing her to Biden sexually assaulting her. Everybody can see that he's always been very free with touching women on the shoulders, arms, back, neck, and hands, and it's been inappropriate sometimes. I'm sure I would have been creeped out by it. However, I think there's a big rush to judgement these days to brand "stupidity" as "assault". Once he was confronted with the evidence that women didn't like how his behavior was disrespectful toward them, he apologized publicly and has apparently changed. 

 

I also am pretty certain this accusation is a smear attempt from the R's. I know the neighbor who spoke to Business Insider says she's supporting Biden, but it's all timed just when Biden is gaining momentum and it's being reported Trump is furious about that. He'll stop at nothing to get reelected. He'll also do everything humanly possible to get his cronies appointed to the courts to forestall the many lawsuits awaiting him once he leaves office.

 

Having been a Republican in good standing for all of my adult life, I can only say my new footing as an Independent is giving me a really pleasant release of the crushing burden of "Party Above All Things" anvil that I carried around before. I should have done it a long time ago.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm getting more and more confused. Who's fault is the rather poor US response to COVID-19 which has made the USA the #1 global epicenter for the virus: Was it China who forced Trump to deny it's reality for nearly 2 months? Or was it Obama's fault for failing to devise a test against a virus that did not exist during his terms in office that Trump could use and claim credit for? Or was it WHO which is staffed with a large proportion of obviously disloyal "deep state" American citizens who didn't inform the admin about the epidemic? 

 

Hillary seems to maintaining her pass, however. So far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

I'm getting more and more confused. Who's fault is the rather poor US response to COVID-19 which has made the USA the #1 global epicenter for the virus: Was it China who forced Trump to deny it's reality for nearly 2 months? Or was it Obama's fault for failing to devise a test against a virus that did not exist during his terms in office that Trump could use and claim credit for? Or was it WHO which is staffed with a large proportion of obviously disloyal "deep state" American citizens who didn't inform the admin about the epidemic? 

 

Hillary seems to maintaining her pass, however. So far.

 

Well, since 40% of the US cases and 50% of the US deaths are in the NYC metro area, I think you can place the blame on the population density of NYC and its mass transit system...but you already knew that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Army Frog Fan said:

 

Well, since 40% of the US cases and 50% of the US deaths are in the NYC metro area, I think you can place the blame on the population density of NYC and its mass transit system...but you already knew that.

 

Well that has the advantage of possessing some semblances to some parts of the truth--nowhere near all of it, IMO, anyway. Trouble is it doesn't make very strong fodder for arousing the base and in particular for deflecting any responsibility at all from the admin's performance which is a very important consideration--even THE most important consideration--in some circles as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Army Frog Fan said:

 

I think you can place the blame on the population density of NYC

 

So would you say that putting 200+ residential units on one city block is irresponsible? 😜

  • Haha  (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

 

So would you say that putting 2200+ residential units on one city block is irresponsible? 😜

FIFY

  • Haha  (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

 

Well that has the advantage of possessing some semblances to some parts of the truth--nowhere near all of it, IMO, anyway. Trouble is it doesn't make very strong fodder for arousing the base and in particular for deflecting any responsibility at all from the admin's performance which is a very important consideration--even THE most important consideration--in some circles as well.

 

Florida kept its beaches open during spring break more than a month ago. No spike. Wisconsin had more than 400k people vote in their primary on 4/7. No spike. South Dakota never imposed a lockdown. No spike.

 

Meanwhile, even after lockdowns, NYC still had packed subways through April.  Just 5 days ago, NY had more positive new cases in a single day than 29 states have had total. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prosecutor view of Biden accusation

 

I think this is a pretty solid analysis, but I’m not sure it even matters when the incumbent has literally dozens of accusations against him. 
 

Biden was not in my top three choices, but I am very comfortable voting for him. To be clear, though, I would literally vote for ANYBODY over Trump. I would vote for a joint Art Briles / Jim Delaney ticket over Trump. I would vote for that cold bitch cartel lawyer on Ozark. The love child of Endzone and roddog? Whatever, bring it on.

  • Haha  (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Friskyfrog said:

That's a well done piece. This part gives me more questions about her story's veracity. I didn't know what she does for a living.

 

As a lawyer and victims’ rights advocate, Reade was better equipped than most to appreciate that dramatic changes in sexual assault allegations severely undercut an accuser’s credibility — especially when the change is from an uncomfortable shoulder touch to vaginal penetration. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My unsolicited two cents:

 

There’s an asymmetric power dynamic inherent in powerful-male-accused-of-assault-against-female-employee cases.  One valid way to respond to that imbalance is to conditionally believe the allegation until evidence proves otherwise.  So I’ll conditionally believe Tara Reid.

 

I believe (without a shred of evidence) that most accusations of this type are valid.  (Conversely, I note that there are powerful interests highly motivated to produce false accusations against Presidential candidates.)

 

I don’t know what happened and I never will, no matter what evidence comes out, because I wasn’t there.

 

Which brings us to FF’s position.  Do the math.  Per Wikipedia, Biden still has 22 allegations left before he matches those leveled against Donald Tump.  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump_sexual_misconduct_allegations
 

I’ve been voting since 1976 and I’ve never, ever, ever voted for anything but the lesser of two evils.

 

#Biden2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...