Radio Shack Killa

God save us....

So... Bernie should either drop out or just come right out and admit that he’s not really prioritizing defeating Trump, right?

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Newbomb Turk said:

So... Bernie should either drop out or just come right out and admit that he’s not really prioritizing defeating Trump, right?

yup

1 hour ago, Newbomb Turk said:

I think Bernie's folks are reading the room and hoping two things:

- Biden continues to look like has dementia and that he continues to make gaffes

- The public starts demanding more "free stuff" due to the shut down, so he can say "see, I have told you this all along."

And there it is:

2301233154F948B19F01.jpeg

The Dow is now trading below where it closed on the day Trump took office.

Andrea Mitchell reports that Sanders is in the Senate today.  

Also notes that in his e-mail to supporters today that there was not a “Donate” button.

And for the first time, the Sanders campaign is not purchasing Facebook ads.

Just a reminder that a REPUBLICAN president said this.  Bernie is the dirty commie, huh?.  

https://triblive.com/news/wire-stories/trump-weighs-controls-on-companies-that-take-coronavirus-bailouts/

President Donald Trump said Thursday the government should take an equity stake in some companies that need bailouts because of devastating effects of the coronavirus pandemic on the U.S. economy.

It’s only wrong when the other side does it. 

The world may, in fact, be ending.  I, uh... agree with Tucker Carlson.

• Like (+1) 1

I suppose it should be noted for the record that she does have GREAT hair.

• Upvote (+1) 1

On 3/18/2020 at 9:13 AM, Army Frog Fan said:

I think Bernie's folks are reading the room and hoping two things:

- Biden continues to look like has dementia and that he continues to make gaffes

- The public starts demanding more "free stuff" due to the shut down, so he can say "see, I have told you this all along."

And after almost a week with no public appearances, Joe finally popped up again.  And this is why Bernie never dropped out.

17 hours ago, Army Frog Fan said:

"Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Rahm Emanuel

Speaking of such things, in the interests of fairness, for starters we should add...

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin is attempting to use the crisis to get rid of the Dodd-Frank protections enacted after the financial collapse in 2008.

The Justice Department wants to allow people to be detained indefinitely without charges or trial.

The administration used the coronavirus not just to evacuate 7,300 Peace Corps volunteers but to fire them.

Trump’s team used the surgeon general’s public-health pronouncement to deny due process to asylum seekers.

The administration also cited the crisis in trying to make it easier for federal workers not to have union dues withheld from their paychecks, the New York Times reported.

And really...Does ANYONE trust this admin and Senate to distribute megabillions-to-trillions of our money to not serve their partisan agenda if given a blank check and no oversight as they are demanding? Compromises are in order, I think.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dan Patrick wants old people to die in order to save the economy.  Sounds a lot like those "death panels" they said Obama wanted to create.

13 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

Dan Patrick wants old people to die in order to save the economy.  Sounds a lot like those "death panels" they said Obama wanted to create.

3 hours ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

What I find kinda "funny" (in a nonlaughing sort of way) is that 2 idiots have taught us a lot: Gobert taught the NBA while Rand Paul has taught the Senate.

7 hours ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

Speaking of such things, in the interests of fairness, for starters we should add...

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin is attempting to use the crisis to get rid of the Dodd-Frank protections enacted after the financial collapse in 2008.

The Justice Department wants to allow people to be detained indefinitely without charges or trial.

The administration used the coronavirus not just to evacuate 7,300 Peace Corps volunteers but to fire them.

Trump’s team used the surgeon general’s public-health pronouncement to deny due process to asylum seekers.

The administration also cited the crisis in trying to make it easier for federal workers not to have union dues withheld from their paychecks, the New York Times reported.

And really...Does ANYONE trust this admin and Senate to distribute megabillions-to-trillions of our money to not serve their partisan agenda if given a blank check and no oversight as they are demanding? Compromises are in order, I think.

The GOP tried to put abstinence-only sex ed into the bill. I seriously had to pause the tv and play the news report back twice to be sure I’d heard it correctly.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Friskyfrog said:

The GOP tried to put abstinence-only sex ed into the bill. I seriously had to pause the tv and play the news report back twice to be sure I’d heard it correctly.

Hadn't heard that one.  Of course access to abortion clinics has already come up as well at the state level if not federal (?).

But as we are noting:  Never let a good crisis go to waste.

16 hours ago, Friskyfrog said:

That's just good social distancing ...

23 hours ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

Mac Engel is making the most of his time off as a sports columnist.

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article241461231.html

14 minutes ago, Newbomb Turk said:

Mac Engel is making the most of his time off as a sports columnist.

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article241461231.html

Good lord he's the worst. It is amazing that the conversation has basically eroded to this:

Person A: We have to lock everything down to flatten the curve.

Person B: Well, we also need to think of the economy so that people can provide for themselves.  

Person A: OMG!, you want to kill millions you Nazi!!

Someone needs to put a stop to the couching of the response to COVID as a "war."  We need to stop thinking of things that impact us without sentience as a military adversary. 

Coronavirus isn't "waging war" on us.  It is a natural disaster.  It would be just as stupid to declare a war on a tsunami or hurricane.  Or drugs.

And the framing is harmful because it puts people in the mindset of using wartime metrics to judge whether we are "winning" when those metrics are the wrong ones AND the concept of "winning" in the way one wins a war doesn't apply.

[/soapbox]

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 3