Radio Shack Killa

God save us....

8 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

So, if I may ask, do you only vote for candidates who identify as Independent or something other than R or D? And, what happens if someone comes along who is R or D whose views you really agree with? Do you not vote for that person based only on their party affiliation? What if the contest is only between candidates with an R or D by their name? Do you just not vote? I've found it really challenging to be an Independent thinker on some of these questions myself.

Will not vote for statists...regardless of party affiliation.

3 hours ago, Duquesne Frog said:

I was referring specifically to the "lesser of two evils" races.  We seem to get more of them every year.

Yup

6 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

Agree totally. If reasonable people don't participate, then we get the fringe filling in and eventually taking over.

Can't wait until Christmas when Santa swears in President Pence under the mistletoe...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nothing surprises me anymore in this process, but come on!

McConnell said on Monday that Republicans had not ruled out hearing witnesses in the impeachment trial, as sought by the Democrats, but wanted to leave the decision until after the trial begins.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-impeachment-documents/u-s-sen-schumer-outlines-documents-he-wants-for-impeachment-trial-idUSKBN1YR1O1?feedType=RSS&feedName=domesticNews

8 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

Nothing surprises me anymore in this process, but come on!

McConnell said on Monday that Republicans had not ruled out hearing witnesses in the impeachment trial, as sought by the Democrats, but wanted to leave the decision until after the trial begins.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-impeachment-documents/u-s-sen-schumer-outlines-documents-he-wants-for-impeachment-trial-idUSKBN1YR1O1?feedType=RSS&feedName=domesticNews

It doesn't really matter. The votes for removal are not there. It is all political theater.

• Upvote (+1) 1

On 12/24/2019 at 12:10 AM, Rothbardian said:

It doesn't really matter. The votes for removal are not there. It is all political theater.

Disagree that not having the votes is "theater". I'd call it an indicator more than an entertainment.

4 hours ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

Disagree that not having the votes is "theater". I'd call it an indicator more than an entertainment.

From a technical standpoint the President is not impeached until the articles are delivered to the Senate. Why they play political games as to whether they will deliver or not is theater. And yes theatre and theater are correct spellings.

1 hour ago, Rothbardian said:

Qassem Soleimani must have had dirt on the Clintons.

I can't believe Twitter is free.

Anti-war left is back evidently...I think the last time we saw them was when W was in office...

• Haha  (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Rothbardian said:

Anti-war left is back evidently...I think the last time we saw them was when W was in office...

Yeah...With an election and other issues coming up over the next 11 months I'd say it's a great time for another one of those short, victorious wars in the Middle East yet again. And it solidifies the base nicely if, like your comment here, it can be made into a local partisan issue instead of a national interest Realpolitik issue.

22 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

What are the odds Trump knows the difference between Quds and Kurds?

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/09/03/hugh_hewitt_vs_donald_trump_on_foreign_policy_iran_hezbollah_hamas_military_islam_israel_egypt.html

HUGH HEWITT, HOST: Are you familiar with General Soleimani?

DONALD TRUMP: Yes, but go ahead, give me a little, go ahead, tell me.

HH: He runs the Quds Forces.

DT: Yes, okay, right.

HH: Do you expect his behavior?

DT: The Kurds, by the way, have been horribly mistreated by us 

HH: No, not the Kurds, the Quds Forces, the Iranian Revolutionary Guards Quds Forces.

DT: Yes, yes.

HH: Quds the bad guys.

DT: Right.

HH: Do you expect his behavior to change as a result?

DT: Oh, I thought you said Kurds, Kurds.

HH: No, Quds.

DT: Oh, I’m sorry, I thought you said Kurds, because I think the Kurds have been poorly treated by us, Hugh. Go ahead.

• Haha  (+1) 2

To the topic of not getting congressional approval to assassinate the guy, he also didn't let our allies know his plans. Britain, for one, is pissed. They had no time to secure their people there or even warn them. 

Very convenient way to try to distract the country from your impeachment and other problems, dipshit, all in the attempt to energize your base of racist bigots who just want all the rag-heads dead. 

I've been a Republican most all of my voting life, however, I approve the description of "dipshit" towards Trump.

• Upvote (+1) 2

2 hours ago, frogtwang said:

HUGH HEWITT, HOST: Are you familiar with General Soleimani?

DONALD TRUMP: Yes, but go ahead, give me a little, go ahead, tell me.

Goodness gracious.  If there's anyone with a more delusional view of their own intelligence than Hugh, it's our Dipshit-in-Chief

• Upvote (+1) 1

11 hours ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

Yeah...With an election and other issues coming up over the next 11 months I'd say it's a great time for another one of those short, victorious wars in the Middle East yet again. And it solidifies the base nicely if, like your comment here, it can be made into a local partisan issue instead of a national interest Realpolitik issue.

I'm glad they are back, I just wish they hadn't left when Obama was in office...

• Upvote (+1) 1