Radio Shack Killa

God save us....

9 minutes ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

Not sure I'd agree. But the party most definitely needs to break free of its present fascination with oligarchs and polemicists and return to Main Streets which were its core for a long time. 

Of course a lot of Main Streets have disappeared as well so that may not be possible.

You're right, they all need to be executed at dawn.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Duquesne Frog said:

It is interesting that after almost 3 years of phucing over the American people,  it is Trump phucing over the Kurds that finally gets Republicans to turn on him ...

We are all neo-cons now. Funny how you can't end an endless war...again why are we in Syria? Oh yes, to kill more people of color at the behest of the Saudi crown.

Truth is that the Kurds were always going to fight ISIS given their proximity.

Ive no idea what we were doing in Syria either.  But pulling out at the moment we know that the Turks are going in to (probably) slaughter the Kurds is kinda shitty.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Duquesne Frog said:

Ive no idea what we were doing in Syria either.  But pulling out at the moment we know that the Turks are going in to (probably) slaughter the Kurds is kinda shitty.

It's better than arming AQI like the last administration did...only helped to kill 500,000 or so people...

Woke NBA: Comments on every Trump Tweet

Chump NBA: I'm cool with China's treatment of Hong Kong

• Upvote (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rothbardian said:

With you there.  Can't upset the making money off of the China market initiative ...

11 hours ago, Rothbardian said:

It's better than arming AQI like the last administration did...only helped to kill 500,000 or so people...

We have a disturbing history of becoming bedfellows with dictators and assholes, particularly in the Middle East and Latin America.  With you there as well ...

• A military budget that dwarfs the ROTW
  • Secret CIA black sites used for torture
  • Kill lists that allow Presidents to execute citizens with drones
  • Military presence just about everywhere
  • Laws that strip our rights in the name of national security and safety

At what point is it possible that we are not the nice guys?

4 minutes ago, Rothbardian said:
  • A military budget that dwarfs the ROTW
  • Secret CIA black sites used for torture
  • Kill lists that allow Presidents to execute citizens with drones
  • Military presence just about everywhere
  • Laws that strip our rights in the name of national security and safety

At what point is it possible that we are not the nice guys?

Have we ever been the nice guys? It could be argued they we have been the “nicer guys” at times, but as a whole we’ve done some pretty heinous shit. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

4 hours ago, frogtwang said:

Have we ever been the nice guys? It could be argued they we have been the “nicer guys” at times, but as a whole we’ve done some pretty heinous shit. 

So when do we say enough is enough, because we continue to elect the same regime just with a different letter after their name...

Just now, Rothbardian said:

So when do we say enough is enough, because we continue to elect the same regime just with a different letter after their name...

I think changing it so that people do not become millionaires simply by being elected to Congress and installing term limits would go a long way toward fixing the nation's issues.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Army Frog Fan said:

I think changing it so that people do not become millionaires simply by being elected to Congress and installing term limits would go a long way toward fixing the nation's issues.

I like term limits. Career Congresspeople should be phased out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

17 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

I like term limits. Career Congresspeople should be phased out.

Having been both in my tiny pond sort of way a long term bureaucrat and 2 term elected board member of the same institution I can vouch for what I think is the fact that career people SHOULD be long term but that elected members should not. 

You need institutional memory and long term bureaucrats can provide that. But that memory also needs new directions and fresh eyes from time to time. Long term pols--and board members--are poor at institutional memory focussing rather on continuing their own power not any good the organization is intended to do.

Term limits must be long enough, however, that things aren't constantly being overturned for no reason. There are tradeoffs.

7 hours ago, Rothbardian said:

Term limits and curtailing or outright ending lobbying is a good start.

Our current system is so bloated that I think it’s going to take something more drastic than just the above to enact real change and get us on the right path though. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Rothbardian said:

• Haha  (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

On 10/3/2019 at 1:55 PM, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

Don't know. No ticks here in Newfoundland. No snakes, skunks or deer either. No trichinosis or bee mites as well. Sometimes being isolated isn't such a bad thing.

That said, far as I know, prescribing antibiotics is the best available cure and physicians are allowed to prescribe them.

No deer?  What do you eat?

5 hours ago, Poison Arrow Frog said:

No deer?  What do you eat?

Moose, caribou, rabbit, partridge, ptarmigan, various water and sea ducks, and various geese are the main species for hunting. Some of the rural types like puffin and seal too. Sea ducks and puffin are a little too fishy for me. Acquired taste I've never acquired. Seal is a bit fishy as well but in a long simmered stew comes out nice.

I really want to say something pithy about Kurds and WWII and POTUS's grasp of history, but I've just got nothing.  I've been officially sapped of all will ...

2 hours ago, Duquesne Frog said:

I really want to say something pithy about Kurds and WWII and POTUS's grasp of history, but I've just got nothing.  I've been officially sapped of all will ...

I mean, the Kurds didn't even help us defend our airports during the American Revolution...

• Haha  (+1) 2

New Progressives: Criminals are entitled to tax-payer provided transgender surgery.

From former Froghorn denizen George Will ... a man truly without a party these days ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-spiraling-president-adds-self-impeachment-to-his-repertoire/2019/10/10/8c1a739c-eb7c-11e9-9c6d-436a0df4f31d_story.html

Trump’s gross and comprehensive incompetence now increasingly impinges upon the core presidential responsibility. This should, but will not, cause congressional Republicans to value their own and their institution’s dignity and exercise its powers more vigorously than they profess fealty to Trump. He has issued a categorical refusal to supply witnesses and documents pertinent to the House investigation of whether he committed an impeachable offense regarding Ukraine. This refusal, which is analogous to an invocation of the Fifth Amendment protection against self-incrimination, justifies an inference of guilt. Worse, this refusal attacks our constitutional regime. So, the refusal is itself an impeachable offense.

In 13 months, all congressional Republicans who have not defended Congress by exercising “the constitutional rights of the place” should be defeated. If congressional Republicans continue their genuflections at Trump’s altar, the appropriate 2020 outcome will be a Republican thrashing so severe — losing the House, the Senate and the electoral votes of, say, Georgia, Arizona, North Carolina and even Texas — that even this party of slow-learning careerists might notice the hazards of tethering their careers to a downward-spiraling scofflaw.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Duquesne Frog said:

From former Froghorn denizen George Will ... a man truly without a party these days ...

I wonder what happened to that guy...