Radio Shack Killa

God save us....

Those were quotes from BDS leadership. Funny how we hold our own leadership to what they say on this board but won't do the same for other racists.

Sorry, but you haven't exactly swayed me with your sourcing yet. 

Regardless, Israel was dumb to do it and Bibi looks even more like Trump's stooge for doing it.  This went from a "photo op" that probably would have gotten no more coverage than a link on a Congressional website to an international news story.  Which serves Trump's purposes in trying to make 2020 about "The Squad" but made Netanyahu look feckless and petty.

21 hours ago, Army Frog Fan said:

Put another way...I am also unsure as to how asking [migrants] to comply with [American law by entering the country through proper channels] is racist just because the [President is Trump].

In and of itself, it's not.  But in the context of spending much of the last 2.5 years calling them rapists, invaders, animals, stripping them of their children, wondering why we can't get more Nordics in here rather than from those dark-skinned shithole people, morally equivocating white supremacists with peaceful protestors, banning Muslims, going after the dark-skinned workers but not the white-skinned employers who hire them ... I'm sure I'm leaving a few out ...  it seems like there is a theme ...

5 hours ago, Duquesne Frog said:

Sorry, but you haven't exactly swayed me with your sourcing yet. 

Regardless, Israel was dumb to do it and Bibi looks even more like Trump's stooge for doing it.  This went from a "photo op" that probably would have gotten no more coverage than a link on a Congressional website to an international news story.  Which serves Trump's purposes in trying to make 2020 about "The Squad" but made Netanyahu look feckless and petty.

Actual video of a BDS event is not a good source? What does "Palestine from the from the river to the sea," mean except for the annihilation of Israel? President Obama, at 4:50 even agrees that BDS means the end of Israel.

9 hours ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

Ever listened to CPAC? Is everything you hear official policy?

I guess that is my point. There is what the website says and what the members say. Two different things. Let's just say that BDS doesn't always adhere to it's website.

8 hours ago, Rothbardian said:

I guess that is my point. There is what the website says and what the members say. Two different things. Let's just say that BDS doesn't always adhere to it's website.

One way of looking at it. Another is extremists don't speak for the group.

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 7:26 PM, Rothbardian said:

This quote is actually from this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/As'ad_AbuKhalil.  Within that entry is the following passage:

Some opponents to BDS, among them Prime Minister of Israel Netanyahu, have cited a part from AbuKhalil's article published in Al-Akhbar where he wrote: "Finkelstein rightly asks ... There should not be any equivocation on the subject" in their campaigns against the movement. In response, Abu Khalil wrote on his personal blog that it represented his personal position of what the goals of BDS should be, and that it was being purposefully distorted to stigmatize the movement.

So this guy definitely wants to get rid of Israel.  Is he a "leader" of the movement, thereby speaking for Omar and Tlaib?  Or is he speaking for himself?

And here is Ahmed's wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmed_Moor

He wrote a book 7 years ago with a Jewish co-editor calling for a single state solution whose synopsis reads: "Although deep mistrust exists on both sides of the conflict, growing numbers of Palestinians and Israelis, Jews and Arabs are working together to forge a different, unified future. "  What an anti-Semite!!!

So a few points,

1) To reiterate, it is not the official position of the BDS group that Israel should cease to exist and while it may be the view of some who support the movement, it really has very little to do with the Tlaib/Omar imbroglio.  They were denied entry because Trump pitched a twitter fit and Bibi complied.  Neither of them has publicly advocated for the destruction of Israel. 

2) I didn't like your sources because I didn't view them as unbiased, or at least trying to be ... Steven Emerson, among other things, is responsible for the "Sharia No-Go" fear mongering bullshit about majority Muslim areas in Britain.  Sorry, I don't trust him to provide context or nuance when it comes to the views of pro-Muslim advocacy groups. 

3) Any group can be dismissed by focusing on the views of their most extreme members.  We are all really good at digging for the extremists in tribes we don't like and ignoring/dismissing/making excuses for the extremists on the fringe of groups we might identify with.  It is why we say that brown-Islamic terrorists are motivated by their ideology and diseased culture and white-Christian domestic terrorists are mentally ill. 

On 8/18/2019 at 10:05 PM, Duquesne Frog said:

...Any group can be dismissed by focusing on the views of their most extreme members.  We are all really good at digging for the extremists in tribes we don't like and ignoring/dismissing/making excuses for the extremists on the fringe of groups we might identify with.  It is why we say that brown-Islamic terrorists are motivated by their ideology and diseased culture and white-Christian domestic terrorists are mentally ill. 

Very astute observation.

So...Sen. King's words thoughts on race matters and women's issues might not be a totally accurate reflection of all conservative thinking?! Or perhaps a leader saying that there are "very fine people" who march in the streets and shout "Jews will not replace us" and "blood and soil" doesn't completely reflect the true conservative values of all conservatives for all of us to see?! Naahhh. Can't be. The truth is out there!

That said, anyone who has worked with the mentally ill knows that many--a consistent subgroup anyway--have a very consistent, though quite ill, ideology. Doesn't mean they don't need to be carefully monitored and on some occasions even heavily monitored/locked away for everyone else's/their own protection. So in practical terms the difference in labeling could be moot, though in political communication(/propaganda) terms, as you note, the two labels sound much different on the surface.

And for all the moral outrage over Omar's "Benjamins" comment, I'm sure those same people are now equally outraged after Trump tapdanced around a similar anti-Semitic trope yesterday:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/20/us/politics/trump-jewish-voters.html

WASHINGTON — President Trump said on Tuesday that any Jewish person who votes for a Democrat is guilty of ignorance or “great disloyalty,” intensifying his efforts to drive in a partisan wedge over religion and support for Israel even as he appeared to draw on an anti-Semitic trope.

Mr. Trump did not go into specifics about what he considered to be Jews’ disloyalty, but his language was reminiscent of the anti-Semitic smear that Jews have a “dual loyalty” and are more devoted to Israel than they are to their own countries.

Wait, the Greenland thing was real? He really wants to buy Greenland? 

4 hours ago, frogtwang said:

Wait, the Greenland thing was real? He really wants to buy Greenland? 

Yes, and he's about to go on a State Visit to Denmark which claims sovereignty over the island. That ought to be a fun conversation between him and Queen Margrethe.

13 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

Yes, and he's about to go on a State Visit to Denmark which claims sovereignty over the island. That ought to be a fun conversation between him and Queen Margrethe.

Evidently he canceled that trip, that’s how I found out the Greenland thing wasn’t a joke. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/21/us/politics/trump-greenland-prime-minister.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

• Thanks (+1) 1

6 hours ago, frogtwang said:

Evidently he canceled that trip, that’s how I found out the Greenland thing wasn’t a joke. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/21/us/politics/trump-greenland-prime-minister.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

True. He is now saying it was a joke. But apparently that uppity woman hurt his tender posterior and requires punishment...

Frederiksen called the idea of the sale of Greenland “absurd” over the weekend after news broke of Trump’s interest — a characterization that apparently offended him.

“I thought it was not a nice statement, the way she blew me off,” Trump told reporters at the White House on Wednesday. “She shouldn’t treat the United States that way. . . . She said ‘absurd.’ That’s not the right word to use.”

Yeah. She should not have used 'absurd'. She should have collapsed, rolled on the floor, and started laughing till she was spluttering and gasping for air. 

BTW, Denmark's immediate NATO partner in the case of Russian aggression is the Cdn army which has prepositioned supplies in place in Norway and regularly maneuvers over there with the Danes. Especially in winter as they both specialize in that sort of action..

22 hours ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

“I thought it was not a nice statement, the way she blew me off,” Trump told reporters at the White House on Wednesday. “She shouldn’t treat the United States that way. . . . She said ‘absurd.’ That’s not the right word to use.”

He's going to keep pissing our allies off until we have none left.

39 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

He's going to keep pissing our allies off until we have none left.

Queen Margrethe of Denmark is reported to be ‘shocked’ after President Trump cancelled his upcoming state visit to the Kingdom after a dispute over Greenland.

According to Danish newspaper BT, Her Majesty is “shocked” by the impulsive decision, with the President pulling out of the visit just two weeks before it was due to take place.

A spokesperson for The Queen reacted to the news saying: “That was a surprise! We are simply lost for words.”

The Danish royal household had already put a lot of work and effort into the visit as they prepared to welcome the US President.

The Queen’s staff had cancelled their summer leave to help prepare the visit after Her Majesty invited Trump to visit her country last month.

Taking to Twitter on Tuesday night, President Trump said: “Denmark is a very special country with incredible people, but based on Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen’s comments, that she would have no interest in discussing the purchase of Greenland, I will be postponing our meeting scheduled in two weeks for another time.

“The Prime Minister was able to save a great deal of expense and effort for both the United States and Denmark by being so direct. I thank her for that and look forward to rescheduling sometime in the future.”

President Trump, accompanied by First Lady Melania Trump, was due to arrive in Copenhagen on September 2nd and depart Denmark the following day, September 3rd.

The President has expressed interest in buying Greenland which is ruled by Margrethe on several occasions.

However, he has been told in no uncertain terms that Greenland is not for sale.

Danes have reacted in anger to the news that President Trump has cancelled his visit over the Greenland spat.

Former Prime Minister Helle Thorning Schmidt tweeted: “Is that some kind of joke? Deeply insulting to the Greenlandic and Danish people.”

Former US ambassador to Denmark, Rufus Gifford, said: “He was invited by the Queen for a state visit. She invited him, he accepted it. They’ve been waiting for him for weeks. The Danes and the Greenlanders rejected his project.

“He rejects an entire kingdom. He behaves like a child.”

Soren Espersen of the right-wing Danish People’s Party said: “If he is truly contemplating this, then this is final proof that he has gone mad.”

The Danish Prime Minister is due to hold a press conference at 3pm local time.

https://royalcentral.co.uk/europe/denmark/queen-margrethe-lost-for-words-after-donald-trump-cancels-state-visit-129170/