Radio Shack Killa

God save us....

3 hours ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

Not my point. My point is that gun laws don’t change things one way or the other.

On what basis?

2017 Houston Astros World Series parade with 1mm people had zero gun incidents. And our laws are far less strict than Canada’s. 

Repeating above, Canada has had, on average and per capita, almost 1/10 of the shooting deaths America has

Do you honestly think that the shootings would have doubled or tripled if Torontos gun laws were similar to Houston’s?

Toronto and Canada have had stricter gun laws than Houston's or America's on average, for a while.  They have almost 1/10 of the shooting deaths, per capita, per the link I provided above.  Europe has, largely, much stricter gun laws than the US and much lower gun violence rates.  If you look here, you'll see that gun-related homicide rates are highest in the deep South, where gun control is weak.  Gun-related suicides are highest in the Mountain West and New England, where the gun control laws are quite different.

Point is, if you are looking for a correlation between lax gun restrictions and low gun violence (in cultures similar to our own) rates per the "only a good guy with a gun can stop a bad guy with a gun" theory, I think you will be hard pressed to find it.

6 hours ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

Not my point. My point is that gun laws don’t change things one way or the other. 2017 Houston Astros World Series parade with 1mm people had zero gun incidents. And our laws are far less strict than Canada’s. 

Do you honestly think that the shootings would have doubled or tripled if Torontos gun laws were similar to Houston’s?

I honestly think the rates would be significantly higher. Yes. Pretty demonstrably true in the data. See duq. If you define that as no difference well not everyone will agree.

Any reduction in rates is s good thing. MADD etc. has reduced drunk driving rates. Not to zero but in about half. I guess they are getting no results one way or the other.

21 hours ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

No. I believe tha annual rates in Toronto would likely be higher than 2-3X under your assumptions.

I believe that gun death rates can be reduced and that we are not helpless. The evidence is actually pretty clear on that point.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Now slow your roll there, Newf.  You seem to be implying that if some people break a law, then that law might still be justified. RIDICULOUS!

Restrictions on guns won’t stop all gun violence, therefore, restrictions on guns are useless.

Just like restrictions on immigration won’t stop undocumented entry into the US.  Therefore, laws preventing or limiting immigration are... uh, wait...

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am shocked to see that ripping up diplomatic agreements with a nation without cause and then increasing bellicosity directed at them could lead to rapid escalation of tensions with that nation ...

• Haha  (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Newbomb Turk said:

Now slow your roll there, Newf.  You seem to be implying that if some people break a law, then that law might still be justified. RIDICULOUS!

Restrictions on guns won’t stop all gun violence, therefore, restrictions on guns are useless.

Just like restrictions on immigration won’t stop undocumented entry into the US.  Therefore, laws preventing or limiting immigration are... uh, wait...

I said the rate would be higher not that all gun violence would cease. That is simply a straw man.

Same for your immigration example I might add (consider rates in the 19th century when there was little regulation)...rates would change with no or little regulation. 

NO law or regulation brings base rates of negative behavior to zero. Many lower base rates. We are not helpless no matter how much you pretend we are.

35 minutes ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

I said the rate would be higher not that all gun violence would cease. That is simply a straw man.

Same for your immigration example I might add (consider rates in the 19th century when there was little regulation)...rates would change with no or little regulation. 

NO law or regulation brings base rates of negative behavior to zero. Many lower base rates. We are not helpless no matter how much you pretend we are.

I think the salty air may be going to your head, I’m pretty sure Turk’s response was tongue in cheek... 

32 minutes ago, frogtwang said:

I’m pretty sure Turk’s response was tongue in cheek... 

069EDB5F849F42AFBE93.jpeg

16 hours ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

Trying not to take too many drugs. 

e03.jpg

If only there was something in our Constitution that prevented the executive branch from going to war with a foreign nation...

• Upvote (+1) 2

Bold, fresh ideas like, "We need to move forward, not backward, in this country."

Trump has let us down, we should literally have gas chambers by now...

I am so glad that in the Constitution there is a provision for whoever locks themselves in the Oval Office to become commander-in-chief forever...

20 hours ago, Rothbardian said:

Government sux...

LEGALIZE LEMONADE

CountryTime has signs put up in the grocery store aisles here about this. What a stupid law.

Reparations for same sex partners will be deca-lit...

Also, wasn't this also an Adam Sandler movie?

A Joe Biden massage parlor has to be good...

Oh and this...

27 minutes ago, Rothbardian said:

Reparations for same sex partners will be deca-lit...

Also, wasn't this also an Adam Sandler movie?

All I know is that the best thing about gay marriage is the inevitable Gay Divorce Court.

• Haha  (+1) 1