Radio Shack Killa

God save us....

Just a friendly reminder that FDR died in office in 1945, Congress approved the 22nd Amendment in 1947, and the States ratified the Amendment in 1951...

Job Biden is rubbing at the shoulders to get out on the campaign trail...

Also, I have now learned about dry shampoo...

On 3/31/2019 at 9:47 AM, Rothbardian said:

Virginia Gov. Ralph "Blackface" Northam is pushing to end driver's license suspensions for unpaid court fines and fees.

He's correct...

Also, note he is still in office...

11 minutes ago, Rothbardian said:

Also, note he is still in office...

If Trump has taught us anything, its that no indiscretion or moral outrage is so bad that it can't withstand the attention span of the average 21st century American  ...

3 hours ago, Rothbardian said:

have now learned about dry shampoo...

?  I must have missed this reference.

5 hours ago, Duquesne Frog said:

If Trump has taught us anything, its that no indiscretion or moral outrage is so bad that it can't withstand the attention span of the average 21st century American  ...

Or the 19th and 20th...

• Upvote (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

Interesting analysis of Pete Buttigieg's long-shot candidacy: LINK

He looks like Alex P. Keaton. :) Long-shot is right. He's got some big issues to win people over to him, his dad being the first, I think.

45 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

He's got some big issues to win people over to him, his dad being the first, I think.

True - although being a longshot with sketchy issues relating to one's father was a winning formula in the last election, so who knows.  But his dad didn't buy him out of military service, so maybe he's off track.

5 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

True - although being a longshot with sketchy issues relating to one's father was a winning formula in the last election, so who knows.  But his dad didn't buy him out of military service, so maybe he's off track.

Indeed. His other big issue will be his sexuality, unfortunately. Seems his husband is quite the character.

4 hours ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

Interesting analysis of Pete Buttigieg's long-shot candidacy: LINK

222px-Butt-head_BevisandButtHead.png

How many logo-ed Patagonia vests do you own?

Oh, and I can't wait for politicians to tell religions what to think...

Can't wait for the Democrats to make blue collar types pay for future white collar types college degrees...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Stay hard, Julian Assange's relative freedom ...

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/11/world/europe/julian-assange-wikileaks-ecuador-embassy.html

President Lenín Moreno of Ecuador, who became the country’s president in 2017, had looked for a face-saving way to get out of the arrangement. On Thursday in a Twitter post, he said that his country had decided to stop sheltering Mr. Assange after “his repeated violations to international conventions and daily-life protocols,” a decision that cleared the way for the British authorities to detain him.

The relationship between Mr. Assange and Ecuador has been rocky, even as it offered him refuge and even citizenship, and WikiLeaks said last Friday that Ecuador “already has an agreement with the U.K. for his arrest” and predicted that Mr. Assange would be expelled from the embassy “within ‘hours to days.’”

Mr. Moreno, in a video statement, said that Mr. Assange had exhausted the patience of his hosts, outlining of litany of grievances: the installation of electronic interference equipment, the blocking of security cameras, and attacks on guards.

“Finally two days ago, WikiLeaks, the organization of Mr. Assange, threatened the government of Ecuador,” Mr. Moreno said, an apparent reference to allegations from the organization that Mr. Assange had been subject to a spying operation. “My government has nothing to fear and doesn’t act under threat.”

29 minutes ago, Duquesne Frog said:

Stay hard, Julian Assange's relative freedom ...

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/11/world/europe/julian-assange-wikileaks-ecuador-embassy.html

President Lenín Moreno of Ecuador, who became the country’s president in 2017, had looked for a face-saving way to get out of the arrangement. On Thursday in a Twitter post, he said that his country had decided to stop sheltering Mr. Assange after “his repeated violations to international conventions and daily-life protocols,” a decision that cleared the way for the British authorities to detain him.

The relationship between Mr. Assange and Ecuador has been rocky, even as it offered him refuge and even citizenship, and WikiLeaks said last Friday that Ecuador “already has an agreement with the U.K. for his arrest” and predicted that Mr. Assange would be expelled from the embassy “within ‘hours to days.’”

Mr. Moreno, in a video statement, said that Mr. Assange had exhausted the patience of his hosts, outlining of litany of grievances: the installation of electronic interference equipment, the blocking of security cameras, and attacks on guards.

“Finally two days ago, WikiLeaks, the organization of Mr. Assange, threatened the government of Ecuador,” Mr. Moreno said, an apparent reference to allegations from the organization that Mr. Assange had been subject to a spying operation. “My government has nothing to fear and doesn’t act under threat.”

Can you imagine living in close proximity to Assange for 7 years?

5 minutes ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

Can you imagine living in close proximity to Assange for 7 years?

It does seem like if your host is the only thing keeping you from numerous powerful western governments waiting outside your door to throw you in jail for a long time, you might want to be a little more deferential to your host ...

• Upvote (+1) 1

It is easy to dunk on Assange, but let us not forget that he shined a light on the violent excesses of the American government.

• Upvote (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Rothbardian said:

It is easy to dunk on Assange, but let us not forget that he shined a light on the violent excesses of the American government.

And he was the left’s hero for it.  Obama even committed the sentence of Assange’s partner in crime (although if Bradley Manning hadn’t decided he wanted to be a girl, he’d still be in jail), and many on the left cheered and view Manning as a hero.

But exposing that that the DNC is rigging the primary in Hilary’s favor?  That’s unforgivable.

1 hour ago, Army Frog Fan said:

And he was the left’s hero for it.  Obama even committed the sentence of Assange’s partner in crime (although if Bradley Manning hadn’t decided he wanted to be a girl, he’d still be in jail), and many on the left cheered and view Manning as a hero.

But exposing that that the DNC is rigging the primary in Hilary’s favor?  That’s unforgivable.

Bombing innocent people in Yemen is forgivable if done by an African American US President...

15 hours ago, Rothbardian said:

I'm a fan of transparency and exposing powerful people and organizations who cover up wrongdoing.

That said, when you are blatantly partisan about the people and causes harmed by the information you publish, partisan about which governments you seek to expose and those you don't, use the threat of undisclosed information to put diplomatic pressure on the country harboring you, and are willing to help aid the propaganda campaign of a closed, despotic, opaque regime against another nation that may not be as open and transparent as it should be but is still a far sight more so than the former ... I lose quite a bit of sympathy for your cause. 

Where are the Wikileaks document troves on China and Russia?  Maybe they exist ... it's not like I spend a lot of time browsing the site ... but I'd think our government would want to shine a light on any such exposures to put pressure on adversaries if it existed ... and I'm guessing that both countries probably have some pretty awful skeletons in their closets.  I don't hear much about secret Chinese and Russian documents exposing those governments for their atrocities, but maybe that's because the American media only report on the American stuff.

It seems Assange isn't as interested in transparency as he is in making political statements and exposing people he doesn't like.  Which, in my mind, doesn't put him on a much higher moral plane than the people he is exposing.

3 hours ago, Army Frog Fan said:

I don't really think he's the "left's" hero, at least not the "establishment" or "statist" (as Rothbardian would put it) left, especially given that much of his recent effort has been in opposition to Hillary and most of his time in the Ecuadorian embassy was in hiding from the Obama DOJ who he knew would get him extradited the moment he stepped foot in greater London.  Biden, for instance, called him a terrorist, way back before Assange made a point of going after the Democratic candidate for president.  As Rothbardian notes above, the stuff on Wikileaks about our involvement in Yemen does not paint a rosy picture of Obama.  And certain Trumpian elements on the right are quite fond of him, like Hannity, and the Russians are big fans, and I don't think anyone is accusing them of being a leftist government.

I think he's a hero for anti-establishment/populist/libertarian people on both sides of the political spectrum.

40 minutes ago, Duquesne Frog said:

I don't really think he's the "left's" hero...

Actually Wikileaks was Trump's explicit ( "WikiLeaks, I love WikiLeaks."

hero during the election though it appears he himself as well as others have forgotten that small point.