Jump to content
Radio Shack Killa

God save us....

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

 

 

Yet you don't seem to have equivalent feelings for open anti-Muslims saying anti-Muslim things. Why is this?

 

Who are they? Point them out and I will gladly condemn them. All anti-isms bother me, but that’s not the topic right now is it?

 

I’m bothered because theres a political party who can’t just come out and condemn Omar. I’m bothered because a democrat congress couldn’t even pass a straight up resolution to condemn Omar and anti-Semitism in general. Instead passing a watered down resolution similar to one they already passed a month ago basically saying “it’s bad to be mean to all minorities!”. But who was it aimed at? Omar? Nope. And when 23 republicans don’t vote on it because they see it for the watered down cover-up sham that it is, now it’s apparently republicans that are anti-Semites and pro-hate! Despite two of the no votes being, you guessed it, Jewish.

 

But isn’t it funny when they come out and rake republicans over the coals about a guy like Steve King, despite the party openly condemning him, stripping him of his committee privileges, and pour money into his 2020 primary opponents campaign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, SuperToad said:

 

Who are they? Point them out and I will gladly condemn them. All anti-isms bother me, but that’s not the topic right now is it?

 

I’m bothered because theres a political party who can’t just come out and condemn Omar. I’m bothered because a democrat congress couldn’t even pass a straight up resolution to condemn Omar and anti-Semitism in general. Instead passing a watered down resolution similar to one they already passed a month ago basically saying “it’s bad to be mean to all minorities!”. But who was it aimed at? Omar? Nope. And when 23 republicans don’t vote on it because they see it for the watered down cover-up sham that it is, now it’s apparently republicans that are anti-Semites and pro-hate! Despite two of the no votes being, you guessed it, Jewish.

 

But isn’t it funny when they come out and rake republicans over the coals about a guy like Steve King, despite the party openly condemning him, stripping him of his committee privileges, and pour money into his 2020 primary opponents campaign.

You do live in Texas, right? You have heard about about Shahid Shafi, right?

 

That's just a bare beginning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, SuperToad said:

 

Who are they? Point them out and I will gladly condemn them. All anti-isms bother me, but that’s not the topic right now is it?

 

You've already (dismissively) referenced the WV poster of Omar.  I'll take her at her word as to the death threats she claims to be facing.

 

Other examples:

 

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/11/ca50-duncan-hunter/574483/

 

https://psmag.com/social-justice/muslim-americans-see-a-major-spike-in-hate-crimes-and-political-participation

 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/midterms-2018/midterms-2018-anti-muslim-islamophobia-us-elections-politics-poll-religion-a8596611.html

 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/oct/22/anti-muslim-rhetoric-widespread-among-candidates-trump-era

 

And the conversation has been about the relativism people place on their own bigotries and biases, as your Steve King statement attests.

 

Quote

But isn’t it funny when they come out and rake republicans over the coals about a guy like Steve King, despite the party openly condemning him, stripping him of his committee privileges, and pour money into his 2020 primary opponents campaign.

 

And I don't think the Steve King point is a particularly good one.  The "condemnation" he got has come after over a decade of comments dehumanizing immigrants and foreigners.  He basically had to come out and explicitly state sympathy for white supremacism to illicit a rebuke.  Congratulations to Republicans for such a strong moral stand. 

 

And I particularly enjoy the hypocrisy of current Republican efforts to paint the Dems as the party of anti-Semitism over the Omar kerfuffle while the majority of them, including ones who condemned him during the primaries when they were trying to beat him, continue to give Trump a pass for all of his rampant bigotry and race-baiting. 

 

And, as this article discusses, it should be instructive that socially conservative Muslim-Americans (and African-Americans, and other socially conservative minority groups) eschew the socially conservative political party in favor of Democrats.  It isn't because they feel like the Democratic party supports their moral beliefs; it's because the Democratic party isn't the party that has spent the last two decades foaming at the mouth about hijabs and sharia law and banning refugees from Muslim countries, at least not nearly to the degree Republicans have.

 

So yeah, Democrats have put themselves into a morally ambiguous corner over the Omar comments.  But to champion Republicans as on some kind of morally absolute high-ground comparatively is absurd.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump's latest missive passively threatening violence from his supporters to be directed against dirty leftists reminds me well of a former poster over at KF.C who was always passively intimating the need for "2nd amendment solutions". That is not, however, a good person to be like.

 

That said, in terms of the military, Trump definitely does not poll all that well among military officers, so I doubt we are going to see any violence from that quarter no matter how much he passively intimates it might happen but not have anything to do with him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was praying hard the terrorist in New Zealand wasn't American and thankfully that appears to be the case. However, to hear that his manifesto praises the US president as “a symbol of renewed white identity and common purpose” is nearly as bad. Our world has gone sideways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

I was praying hard the terrorist in New Zealand wasn't American and thankfully that appears to be the case. However, to hear that his manifesto praises the US president as “a symbol of renewed white identity and common purpose” is nearly as bad. Our world has gone sideways.

 

And the bad news for Facebook keeps coming as the monster live streamed the whole thing ...

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Duquesne Frog said:

 

And the bad news for Facebook keeps coming as the monster live streamed the whole thing ...

I've visited Christchurch and stayed in the area where this happened. The people there and in the entire country are lovely...kind, helpful, accepting. It's sickening that this has happened anywhere, much less in a place where the vast majority of people are known to be so humble and docile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...