Jump to content
Radio Shack Killa

God save us....

Recommended Posts

The President suggested Muhammad Ali might get a pardon from him.

 

 

 

Trouble is, he doesnt need one.  Ali doesnt have a criminal record.

 

 

 

 

Ali was born Cassius Clay, and changed his name after converting to Islam in the 1960s. He refused to serve in the Vietnam War because of his religious beliefs, declaring himself a conscientious objector, and saying, "I ain't got no quarrel with the Viet Cong.''

His decision resulted in a draft-evasion conviction, and he was stripped of his heavyweight boxing crown in 1967.

Ali's legal fight ended in 1971, when the Supreme Court ruled in his favor, reversing his conviction on a technicality. And in January 1977, President Jimmy Carter pardoned those who broke Selective Service laws in the Vietnam era.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2018 at 2:44 PM, Luke Chisolm said:

If anyone is wondering if calling someone the C word is any less offensive than comparing an African American to an ape, just call your wife or mom a C when you get home tonight...

 

Obviously, there is a double standard when doling out punishment to conservative offenders compared to liberal offenders. 

 

Roseanne Barr may never work again. I have no issue with that. Samantha Bee just half-heartedly apologized, received an award and went back to filming. 

 

Never fear, though. I’m sure the Nazi California Republican Party will make some progress on this. 

 

Terrible day for liberals. 

I once dated a man who previously had a relationship with a woman who was separated from a black man.  When he found out she was married to a black man, he said to me, "why didn't you tell me she was married to a black man?" And explained to me that black people evolved from monkeys, and white people were created by God, and therefore blacks were filthy creatures created by Satan.  This was the last time I ever saw him.

 

So, sorry.  To me, c* *t is far less nasty than calling blacks monkeys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2018 at 4:03 PM, $mooth said:

Right to Try act signed.

http://righttotry.org/president-trump-signs-right-to-try-act-into-law/

 

Great move by Congress and the Executive Office here.  This one hits close as the family of someone I went to high school with has been fighting for this since before her death at age 21.  While she was terminally, there was a developmental drug that had a chance at saving her life, however, she was not able to gain access to it.  2 days shy of 17 years later, but late progress is better than none.

I like the idea of this bill, but still it's up to the individual companies whether they will agree to supply patients with the medications.  Plus this may compromise eventual approval by the FDA because I think their results for the Right to Try patients would be considered in their application.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

Fox News gets it right...Trump is a "dictator" according to Fox and Friends!

 

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/06/fox-and-friends-host-calls-trump-a-dictator.html

 

Imagine if CNN or WaPo had made the same misspeak! The very hills would be ringing with outrage! 😄

 

 

Maybe it wasn't a misspeak.

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Poison Arrow Frog said:

I once dated a man who previously had a relationship with a woman who was separated from a black man.  When he found out she was married to a black man, he said to me, "why didn't you tell me she was married to a black man?" And explained to me that black people evolved from monkeys, and white people were created by God, and therefore blacks were filthy creatures created by Satan.  This was the last time I ever saw him.

 

So, sorry.  To me, c* *t is far less nasty than calling blacks monkeys.

LOL. I can guarantee you if someone had called Michelle Obama the C word, they’d never work again. 

 

But that’s how liberals roll...they’ve created this double standard to bludgeon their enemies. 

 

The deceit and win at all costs attitude among liberals has reached a fever pitch. Case in point: Bruce Springsteen. He said #$%@ Trump on network TV last night. No consequences. He’ll be hailed by liberals for it. Anyone who said that on network TV about Obama would have been crucified. They would have been falsely labeled a racist and then shuttered off into obscurity by the liberal media machine. 

 

WRT to your position on the C word...again, I’ve maintained that both slurs are horribly offensive...a very middle of the road position. 

 

So who’s the idealogue here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just curious, did you actually hear Bruce Springsteen say that or are you just reacting based on what someone told you? I’m wondering because he never said that. It was Robert De Niro. 

 

This notion that liberals are the devil and conservatives are angels is just flat out bullshit. Both sides are just as guilty of deceit and doing anything to win at all costs. Trump endorsed Roy Moore for crying out loud. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Luke Chisolm said:

LOL. I can guarantee you if someone had called Michelle Obama the C word, they’d never work again. 

 

For shits and giggles, I searched "Michelle Obama slur" and found a wide array of articles, with mixed results whether there were consequences for those slurs ...

 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/dec/23/donald-trump-carl-paladino-michelle-obama

http://time.com/4573554/michelle-obama-racism-first-lady/

https://www.cnn.com/2016/10/02/politics/kentucky-republican-facebook-posts/index.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/colorado-doctor-michelle-obama-monkey-face-ape-in-heels-racial-slur-disciplined-michelle-herren-a7450016.html

http://www.miami.com/miami-news/remember-the-reporter-who-got-fired-for-racist-remarks-about-michelle-obama-hes-got-a-new-gig-on-tv-now-173524/

 

Quote

 

But that’s how liberals roll...they’ve created this double standard to bludgeon their enemies. 

 

Good grief.

 

Quote

 

The deceit and win at all costs attitude among liberals has reached a fever pitch. Case in point: Bruce Springsteen. He said #$%@ Trump on network TV last night. No consequences. He’ll be hailed by liberals for it. Anyone who said that on network TV about Obama would have been crucified. They would have been falsely labeled a racist and then shuttered off into obscurity by the liberal media machine. 

 

The stories I've seen have been about DeNiro saying it.  Maybe Springsteen did too.

 

But again, lets use the wayback machine to remember many of the things that were said and done about Obama:

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/obama-legacy/racial-backlash-against-the-president.html?noredirect=on

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-obama-lincoln-bin-laden-muslim-perspec-1212-jm-20141211-story.html

https://www.usatoday.com/story/theoval/2014/05/16/obama-wolfeboro-new-hampshire-robert-copeland-n-word/9165793/

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ted-nugent-threatens-to-kill-barack-obama-and-hillary-clinton-during-vicious-onstage-rant-20070824

 

Quote

 

WRT to your position on the C word...again, I’ve maintained that both slurs are horribly offensive...a very middle of the road position. 

 

So who’s the idealogue here?

 

Well, when you lead off with "that's how liberals roll" ...

 

I don't think there is any question that the world would be a better place if more people could engage in civil discourse.  But people are emotional and sometimes cuss and call people names when pissed off.  We all do it.  And we should all suffer the consequences if we do so in the wrong situation or at the wrong time.

 

But I'm afraid that we are going to have to agree to disagree that calling a black woman a monkey is in a different category than a woman calling another woman a KUNT. Neither is great.  There is an historical and cultural baggage with the first that doesn't exist with the second.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would anyone survive calling Michelle Obama the C word?

 

Of course you’ll disagree. You want to destroy the other side and you’ve found that political correctness is the ultimate tool. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, frogtwang said:

Just curious, did you actually hear Bruce Springsteen say that or are you just reacting based on what someone told you? I’m wondering because he never said that. It was Robert De Niro. 

 

This notion that liberals are the devil and conservatives are angels is just flat out bullshit. Both sides are just as guilty of deceit and doing anything to win at all costs. Trump endorsed Roy Moore for crying out loud. 

My mistake. It was DeNiro. 

 

You can start your fucking victory parade now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ted Nugent called Hillary Clinton a toxic #$%@ and a whore while she was First Lady. Trump invited him to the White House. 

 

http://www.westword.com/music/teds-world-5054209

 

About Hillary Clinton: "You probably can't use the term `toxic #$%@' in your magazine, but that's what she is. Her very existence insults the spirit of individualism in this country. This bitch is nothing but a two-bit whore for Fidel Castro."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mixed results on consequences proves my point. We know that if a liberal calls the president’s daughter a C word, there are NO consequences. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, frogtwang said:

Ted Nugent called Hillary Clinton a toxic #$%@ and a whore while she was First Lady. Trump invited him to the White House. 

 

http://www.westword.com/music/teds-world-5054209

 

About Hillary Clinton: "You probably can't use the term `toxic #$%@' in your magazine, but that's what she is. Her very existence insults the spirit of individualism in this country. This bitch is nothing but a two-bit whore for Fidel Castro."

 

LOL. Where is he now? The left has crucified him for years. 

 

Does he he still have his own show on TV?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, frogtwang said:

Ted Nugent called Hillary Clinton a toxic #$%@ and a whore while she was First Lady. Trump invited him to the White House. 

 

http://www.westword.com/music/teds-world-5054209

 

About Hillary Clinton: "You probably can't use the term `toxic #$%@' in your magazine, but that's what she is. Her very existence insults the spirit of individualism in this country. This bitch is nothing but a two-bit whore for Fidel Castro."

 

That was 1994 for crying out loud. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Luke Chisolm said:

That was 1994 for crying out loud. 

 

Well shit guess that means it was ok. Glad there’s no double standard. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Luke Chisolm said:

LOL. Where is he now? The left has crucified him for years. 

 

Does he he still have his own show on TV?

 

Pretty sure this was more recent.  Really shows how conservatives have ostracized him ...

 

Image result for trump nugent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Luke Chisolm said:

My mistake. It was DeNiro. 

 

You can start your fucking victory parade now. 

 

The personal rancor reflected in that remark I don't intend to dignify with comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Duquesne Frog said:

 

Pretty sure this was more recent.  Really shows how conservatives have ostracized him ...

 

Image result for trump nugent

Again...is this really an indication that his career hasn’t been de-railed?

 

I think you’d be the first to admit that a Trump endorsement isn’t exactly a good thing. 

 

What you forget is that I’m not a Trump supporter. I think he has shamed the office of the president. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, frogtwang said:

 

Well shit guess that means it was ok. Glad there’s no double standard. 

 

 

Seriously? You don’t think things have changed in the last 24 years?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, frogtwang said:

 

The personal rancor reflected in that remark I don't intend to dignify with comment.

When you come at me out of nowhere, don’t expect me to just lay there a take it. 

 

Maybe you didn’t intend it, but the way you started the post seemed hostile to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Luke Chisolm said:

LOL. Where is he now? The left has crucified him for years. 

 

Does he he still have his own show on TV?

 

I think it comes on right after Kathy Griffin’s. 

 

  • Haha  (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Luke Chisolm said:

Again...is this really an indication that his career hasn’t been de-railed?

 

I think you’d be the first to admit that a Trump endorsement isn’t exactly a good thing. 

 

What you forget is that I’m not a Trump supporter. I think he has shamed the office of the president. 

 

I'm not forgetting that.  It is irrelevant to the discussion.  Ted Nugent has been saying vile, crazy-ass shit about "libruls" for three decades.  And he's getting invited to the White House with a group of "conservative" celebrities for a photo-op with the president.  Which runs counter to your argument that only "liberals" have a double-standard. 

 

And lest you forget that I also am not a Democrat and do not self-assign myself a "liberal" tag, I have not expressed any misapprehension that the left doesn't have a double standard.  I have argued that I do believe there is a different standard for certain cultural slurs.  If that makes me a "liberal" in your eyes, so be it, but that doesn't make me any more inclined to have a rooting interest for that particular team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...