Radio Shack Killa

God save us....

1 hour ago, crunch said:

What are they?  I've seen you may be offended, but that's hardly a consequence.  

No one person's opinion is a consequence, but collective opinions are huge. If Trump continues to throw fresh meat and make blunders he will lose the goodwill that new Presidents enjoy. Heck he has lower approval ratings than any new President in recent years. 

Here is a well timed article in the Washington Post illustrating my point:

https://news.google.com/news/amp?caurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonpost.com%2Famphtml%2Fpolitics%2Ftrump-is-stoking-his-base-on-his-pre-inaugural-tour-but-is-he-building-bridges%2F2016%2F12%2F17%2Fa74a0f0a-c3ad-11e6-8422-eac61c0ef74d_story.html#pt0-130193

Even many his supporters think he should tone it down and try to be more inclusive and not offend so easily. 

22 minutes ago, NeFrog in the Kitchen Sink said:

No one person's opinion is a consequence, but collective opinions are huge. If Trump continues to throw fresh meat and make blunders he will lose the goodwill that new Presidents enjoy. Heck he has lower approval ratings than any new President in recent years. 

Here is a well timed article in the Washington Post illustrating my point:

https://news.google.com/news/amp?caurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonpost.com%2Famphtml%2Fpolitics%2Ftrump-is-stoking-his-base-on-his-pre-inaugural-tour-but-is-he-building-bridges%2F2016%2F12%2F17%2Fa74a0f0a-c3ad-11e6-8422-eac61c0ef74d_story.html#pt0-130193

Even many his supporters think he should tone it down and try to be more inclusive and not offend so easily. 

More like some, not many.  

5 minutes ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

Therein lies the basis of your problem.

Of course it's a game.  It's played to help with the illusion that we have any real control or influence.

We don't really decide the outcomes of these elections.

I'm starting to wonder if we really have any control whatsoever of our lives at all. 

5 minutes ago, crunch said:

Nope.  The base of my problem lies much deeper than that silliness.

4 minutes ago, Hfrog1999 said:

Of course it's a game.  It's played to help with the illusion that we have any real control or influence.

We don't really decide the outcomes of these elections.

I'm starting to wonder if we really have any control whatsoever of our lives at all. 

Regardless of whether your vote counts and regardless of whether you have any control over your lives politics is not a game. It's a war which the Framers tried to direct into nonviolent channels as much as possible. 

2 minutes ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

Regardless of whether your vote counts and regardless of whether you have any control over your lives politics is not a game. It's a war which the Framers tried to direct into nonviolent channels as much as possible. 

True.

However, much like the Game Risk, it can get violent at times, especially when the Ukraine is involved.

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

War is also a game.  

The consequences of loss notwithstanding.  

1 hour ago, NeFrog in the Kitchen Sink said:

Interesting article about the bully mentality of Trump supporters/surrogates against other Republicans:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/donald-trump-congress-republicans-232800

In early December, Rep. Bill Flores made what seemed like an obvious observation to a roomful of conservatives at a conference in Washington. Some of Donald Trump’s proposals, the Texas Republican cautioned, “are not going to line up very well with our conservative policies," though he quickly added that there was plenty the incoming president and GOP Congress could accomplish together.

Little did Flores realize the hell that would soon rain down from Trump's throng of enforcers.

Breitbart seized on Flores' remarks a few days later, calling them proof that House Republicans planned to “isolate and block President Donald Trump’s populist campaign promises.” A conservative populist blogger for the site TruthFeed then warned Flores on Twitter to "get ready for a shit storm," and posted a headline that read: “BREAKING: Rep. Bill Flores Has CRAFTED a PLAN to BLOCK Trump’s Immigration Reform.”

Sean Hannity jumped in, too, featuring the Breitbart post on his syndicated radio show. That only further riled the impromptu anti-Flores mob.

"@RepBillFlores get in @realDonaldTrump way & we will burn your career down until you are reduced to selling life insurance,” tweeted one person.

"@RepBillFlores you can go hang yourself!!" another wrote.

It’s little wonder that Capitol Hill Republicans have papered over their not-insignificant policy differences with Trump, shying away from any statement about the president-elect that might possibly be construed as critical. They’re terrified of arousing the ire of their tempestuous new leader — or being labeled a turncoat by his army of followers.

1299530681729.gif

1 hour ago, NeFrog in the Kitchen Sink said:

My formatting on my phone is all messed from my post.  I deleted the text- you might want to do the same on the quoted text so that people don't have to scroll a mile!

Lol, then my gif wouldn't make sense.

Not that it does.

On 11/2/2016 at 7:18 PM, Friskyfrog said:

http://wreg.com/2016/12/21/mississippi-authorities-make-arrest-in-burning-of-african-american-church-spray-painted-with-vote-trump/

Arrest made in ‘Vote Trump’ burning of Mississippi black church

church-mcclinton.jpg?quality=85&strip=al

Mississippi Department of Public Safety spokesman Warren Strain says Andrew McClinton of Leland, Mississippi, who is African-American, is charged with first-degree arson of a place of worship.

McClinton was arrested Wednesday. Hopewell Missionary Baptist Church in Greenville, Mississippi, was burned and vandalized Nov. 1, a week before the presidential election.

22 minutes ago, NeFrog in the Kitchen Sink said:

Regardless of whether or not this is a good idea (to expand our nuclear capability), I can't see how it is a good idea to tweet it out. This is a topic that needs more than 140 characters.  

Nope.  Thats it.  Thats all he'll say on the matter.  Of course he could have prepared a lengthy treatise on the subject, outlining his complete thoughts, plans and aspirations.  Then gotten 23 seconds coverage of it on the Evening News.  

31 minutes ago, crunch said:

Nope.  Thats it.  Thats all he'll say on the matter.  Of course he could have prepared a lengthy treatise on the subject, outlining his complete thoughts, plans and aspirations.  Then gotten 23 seconds coverage of it on the Evening News.  

Encouraging nuclear weapons proliferation is a big deal and a big change.  It will get plenty of discussion regardless of what medium it is presented.  Which is why tweeting is such a poor one.  It could be taken the wrong way by friends, foes and everyone in between. 

I've been annoyed by his tweets before, but commenting on protests or Hamilton are one thing.I don't think the President/President elect should be wading into those sorts of things. But tweeting definitely should not be the way major foreign policy changes are announced.