Sign in to follow this  
FeistyFrog

2017 Recruiting brought to you by the Showgirls! (10 commits, 2 signed)

Per Ryan Bartow TCU offers former ArkieSt commit JUCO DT Josh Curry also offered by Middle Tenn and Idaho.

Josh Curry 6-3/305 Arizona Western

@YSP_Hulk

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/5665989/5845f664c124d82334944dbb

Watch list 

OT Coy McMillon 6-4/275 Abilene, TX currently committed to Tulsa

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/4119219/57e33f7411fa80139c861375

45 minutes ago, TCaliU said:

@FeistyFrog have we offered any kickers? 

Song should be healthy so you can't put two kickers on scholly. Also David will be available now. Basically our two best kickers could not play last year either due to injury or transfer rules. 

22 minutes ago, FeistyFrog said:

Song should be healthy so you can't put two kickers on S holly. Also David will be available now. Basically our two best kickers could not play last year either due to injury or transfer rules. 

???? 

3 hours ago, FeistyFrog said:

Greg Powers interview with Robinson:

http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1742636-army-bowl-robinson-set-with-tcu?s=360

Kid is a great speaker and good interviewer.

On Omar Manning possibly flipping:

"He ain't flipping. I will not let him flip. he'll have to fight me...wrestle him.."

Super amped for these two come 2018 possibly 2017... the next Boykin/ Doctson hopefully.

This is not intended as a knock on Manning by any means, because I think he's going to be great - but I'm actually more excited about Jalen Reagor.  

DT James Lynch (former TCU and USC commit) verbals to Baylor...and I'm not the least bit sad about it. He handled his recruiting very poorly.

TCU QB recruit Shawn Robinson said he expects to redshirt

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

By Eric Zarate

ezarate@star-telegram.com

SAN ANTONIO - Shawn Robinson said he still expects to redshirt at TCU despite the transfer of quarterback Foster Sawyer.

Robinson, the highest-rated quarterback ever at TCU, is preparing for the U.S. Army All-American game after leading Desoto to a Class 6A title.

“If I don’t redshirt ... I really don’t care,” Robinson said. “I’m just going to work my butt off regardless. I’m really not worried about all of that stuff. I’m just going to go in there and try to learn the system as fast as possible, and what ever happens, happens.”

Sawyer, a third-year sophomore from Fort Worth All Saints who started two games for the Horned Frogs, posted the news on his Twitter account Monday. Former Southlake Carroll quarterback Kenny Hill, a junior, started 12 of TCU’s 13 games this season.

“Yeah, it really did surprise me,” Robinson said Wednesday. “I found out like after practice. It surprised me, but it’s the way of the game. It happens.”

The 17th annual all-star game kicks off at noon Saturday at the Alamodome and will be televised live on NBC.

Robinson will enroll at TCU this month and plans to participate in spring drills.

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article124535169.html

2 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

TCU QB recruit Shawn Robinson said he expects to redshirt

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

By Eric Zarate

ezarate@star-telegram.com

SAN ANTONIO - Shawn Robinson said he still expects to redshirt at TCU despite the transfer of quarterback Foster Sawyer.

Robinson, the highest-rated quarterback ever at TCU, is preparing for the U.S. Army All-American game after leading Desoto to a Class 6A title.

“If I don’t redshirt ... I really don’t care,” Robinson said. “I’m just going to work my butt off regardless. I’m really not worried about all of that stuff. I’m just going to go in there and try to learn the system as fast as possible, and what ever happens, happens.”

Sawyer, a third-year sophomore from Fort Worth All Saints who started two games for the Horned Frogs, posted the news on his Twitter account Monday. Former Southlake Carroll quarterback Kenny Hill, a junior, started 12 of TCU’s 13 games this season.

“Yeah, it really did surprise me,” Robinson said Wednesday. “I found out like after practice. It surprised me, but it’s the way of the game. It happens.”

The 17th annual all-star game kicks off at noon Saturday at the Alamodome and will be televised live on NBC.

Robinson will enroll at TCU this month and plans to participate in spring drills.

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article124535169.html

In the video of the interview, he seemed legitimately shocked that Sawyer was transferring. 

At this point, if Hill doesn't improve significantly in the offseason, I'm 100% on board with giving the job to Robinson. 

2 hours ago, SuperToad said:

In the video of the interview, he seemed legitimately shocked that Sawyer was transferring. 

At this point, if Hill doesn't improve significantly in the offseason, I'm 100% on board with giving the job to Robinson. 

He will. Barring Injury it's Hill. And even if that happens. I think you'd See Wooten before Robinson. He will Redshirt. Only makes sense for a QB. 

Interesting- TCU offers Okla. St. commit Shamond "LC" Greenwood from Garland Lakeview Centennial. Greenwood is 6-3 195 and rated as the #43 WR in the nation according to 247sports

• Upvote (+1) 1

OT Eleasah Anderson from Alief Taylor also offered. 6'4 280. Offers  from Okla. St, Houston, Kansas, Kansas St, just to name a few

• Upvote (+1) 1

DT from Snow College officially offered.  Modkins and Fitch liked his tweet.  Evidently he also goes by Ioane and John in addition to Fua.

Fua Leilua

Extremely Grateful and humbled to have been offered a scholarship to play football at TCU #HornedFrogs #BigXII

Just a reminder:

Watch Shawn Robinson and Omar Manning today in the US Army All-American Bowl on NBC @ noon.

Well Robinson didn't have a good day to say the least. Only one completion on a checkdown to the flats and missed a wide open receiver in the endzone. Then on his second series, the ball slipped out of his hands and right into a DE's hands.

Didn't see or hear a single thing about Manning.

• Upvote (+1) 1

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 0:57 PM, SuperToad said:

Well Robinson didn't have a good day to say the least. Only one completion on a checkdown to the flats and missed a wide open receiver in the endzone. Then on his second series, the ball slipped out of his hands and right into a DE's hands.

Didn't see or hear a single thing about Manning.

To be expected ... none of these kids have any time playing together nor have timing routs, chemistry and etc down.

Just to finish up things i hope someone takes over here as I will no longer be posting on these threads. Been fun and good luck to you all.

• Upvote (+1) 1

12 hours ago, FeistyFrog said:

Just to finish up things i hope someone takes over here as I will no longer be posting on these threads. Been fun and good luck to you all.

So sorry to hear we won't be getting your updates - they've been a highlight of the board.  Hope all is well. 

• Upvote (+1) 1