Sign in to follow this  
FeistyFrog

John Owning Draft Breakdown: Paul Dawson, LB, TCU

I still think he can run faster than he did at the combine.  He looked very stiff in his thighs and hips all the way from his stance through the end of the run when he let up 10 yds from the finish.  It just looked weird.  He jumped the gun the first time and he had this damn gold chain hanging down and it kept getting caught on his chin when he was in his stance.  It doesn't seem to me like he took the combine seriously and that in itself may be a red flag to teams.  He may be a bigger knucklehead than we thought.  

On reports of LB Paul Dawson's "character concerns" that have hurt his NFL stock: "Is he a knucklehead, was he late, one of those guys? I just think that's his personality. Do I think he's a bad person, no. Do I think he's a good player, yes. Do I think he'll lose a lot of money in the NFL in fines if he doesn't change a couple of those ways? Yes." Patterson cited an example of Dawson showing up for a team event before the Peach Bowl in a white polo shirt when the team was supposed to be wearing black polos. "That's Paul," Patterson said. "Him and I have a good relationship."