Sign in to follow this  
Friskyfrog

Restaurants in Walking Distance to Stadium

that would be the one.  So it looks as though it did open just a few days ago.  Looks. like it will be worth a try or two.  They have built a small wood patio on the side of the building for al fresco dining or drinking.

Bluebonnet circle has so much potential... but I always feel like it is lacking something... not sure what though.

Bluebonnet circle has so much potential... but I always feel like it is lacking something... not sure what though.

It has five restaurants now including the aforementioned new Mexican place, Freds, The Bottom, Mellow Mushroom, and Greenwoods German Restaurant.

Also has a dry cleaner, liquor store, donut shop.  What more could you want?

That's it.  What it is missing and could really use is a high end, over-priced TCU apparel store with bad service.

I haven't been to bluebonnet circle in a long time, but I don't remember it being a short walk, plus I don't remember much parking.

I haven't been to bluebonnet circle in a long time, but I don't remember it being a short walk, plus I don't remember much parking.

I usually drive thru the Circle on my way to games. and the parking (or lack thereof) is what catches my eye.  I dont think the walk from campus would be much of an issue - although I never did it much when I was in school (more due to a lack of funds than energy).

I usually drive thru the Circle on my way to games. and the parking (or lack thereof) is what catches my eye.  I dont think the walk from campus would be much of an issue - although I never did it much when I was in school (more due to a lack of funds than energy).

Ya, I never went there much in college either.

Is that fish market still on BB Circle? That dry cleaners has been there since we were in school, RSF. And, probably the donut and liquor stores, too.

Is that fish market still on BB Circle? That dry cleaners has been there since we were in school, RSF. And, probably the donut and liquor stores, too.

the site of the fish market is now "The Bottom" serving casual seafood and American.  They have a large patio and good gumbo.  Decent place to eat.

EDIT: The Bottom Bar & Grille has had a makeover. They've brought back karaoke on Thursday nights (to big support from the students) and added new food and drink items. They've also hired new security for the weekends to ensure safety in the bar. 

the site of the fish market is now "The Bottom" serving casual seafood and American.  They have a large patio and good gumbo.  Decent place to eat.

So, still a fishy place. I liked Fishmongers. Good catfish.

I never understood people opening businesses where there was no place for customers to park.  There are very very few places I will go if there isn't reasonable parking available.

I rarely went there in school, but I don't think there was anything there to go to back then.

I never understood people opening businesses where there was no place for customers to park.  There are very very few places I will go if there isn't reasonable parking available.

I rarely went there in school, but I don't think there was anything there to go to back then.

Like every place in Houston and Dallas?

Yep, several places in Houston, I don't go.  Luckily there are a lot with parking to choose from.  Only made a couple exceptions for Cafe Brazil and Agora, but only because a couple very attractive ladies wanted to go there with me.

Dallas I just don't go.

Yep, several places in Houston, I don't go.  Luckily there are a lot with parking to choose from.  Only made a couple exceptions for Cafe Brazil and Agora, but only because a couple very attractive ladies wanted to go there with me.

Dallas I just don't go.

Dated a girl lived within walking distance of both of those places... 

I like Café Bella at Westcliff, much shorter walk from there (3 blocks to the baseball field), food is really good, plenty of parking, generally not too crowded and of course you bring your own wine.

I like Café Bella at Westcliff, much shorter walk from there (3 blocks to the baseball field), food is really good, plenty of parking, generally not too crowded and of course you bring your own wine.

Good food.  It used to be a regular on our lunch circuit back when we had a lunch circuit.  Started in a converted Dairy Queen on BB Circle (where Mellow Mushroom is now) before moving to Westcliff.

Thought I'd add that Salsa Limon opened up a location right next door to Dutch's (as of last year in place of Sol de Luna). So y'all go get you some damn good pre/post game tacos or a burrito. This location also serves breakfast...all day.

Thank you for the update, Burner. I appreciate the help keeping this area current. 👊

After the SMU game I ate at Fat Shack in the Grand Marc. Good sandwich consisting of the meat, potatoes, veggies all together in a wrap. A number of TVs to follow games on, too.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/24/2018 at 1:21 PM, Lyle Lanley II said:

Apparently they're adding a second location downtown.

The second location has been a great spot for lunch.  I have been 4-5 times.  Food always comes out fast and has been good quality.  And there are TVs everywhere.

3 hours ago, Army Frog Fan said:

The second location has been a great spot for lunch.  I have been 4-5 times.  Food always comes out fast and has been good quality.  And there are TVs everywhere.

Just to clarify, this is the downtown Buffalo Bros you're talking about, right? The name was left back on the previous page. 

6 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

Just to clarify, this is the downtown Buffalo Bros you're talking about, right? The name was left back on the previous page. 

Yep.  Downtown.  

• Thanks (+1) 1