Sign in to follow this  
Friskyfrog

Restaurants in Walking Distance to Stadium

There's only one pre-game stop for me, and it's right next to Dutch's

photo(1)_0.JPG

• Upvote (+1) 1

What is that, Todd? The picture is really dark and I haven't been to town in 9 years.

Dutch's on University Dr., like Frisky said, has some of the best burgers in DFW. Named after former TCU football coach Dutch Meyer, they've got a restaurant, bar, and indoor name outdoor seating (patios out back and a rooftop patio). 7-8 minute walk from Amon Carter Stadium.

Buffalo Bros., located next door to Dutch's has good wings, pizza and a better beer selection. Lots of TVs to catch other games before TCU kicks off.

Fuzzy's Taco Shop is a TCU classic. Now franchised into many college towns, TCU is home to the original. Try the fish tacos and enjoy the cold beer. This place gets packed, so come early. 10 minute walk to Amon Carter Stadium.

Other walking distance stops include Los Vaqueros (Tex-Mex, located behind Fuzzy's on Cockrell Ave), Pizza Snob (coming this fall), McAlister's Deli, and The Pub (bar only), are allocated on the University strip with Dutch's and Buffalo Bros. XII Bar and Cafe Brazil are located on Berry St, along with some fast food stops across the street.

My recommendation is one of the first three or one of the great options a short drive away.

Salsa Limón

They call it the taco tank. They're located right across the street from Fuzzy's, next to the Cellar. Excellent tacos.

http://www.salsalimon.com/

I don't recall seeing them there recently but maybe they will be back when classes start in a few days.  Seems as though I recently drove by a permanent building with their name on it but right now I can't figure out where that might have been.  Off University near 7th St maybe?

I don't recall seeing them there recently but maybe they will be back when classes start in a few days. Seems as though I recently drove by a permanent building with their name on it but right now I can't figure out where that might have been. Off University near 7th St maybe?

I saw the trailer there yesterday.

The original restaurant is located at La Gran Plaza(old seminary mall), they've also got the place on Universiry near 7th.

What is that, Todd? The picture is really dark and I haven't been to town in 9 years.

That would be The Pub

I was going to post Perotti's Pizza, but when I looked up the website it only lists an address in SW Fort Worth. Please tell me the shop in the Grand Marc Building isn't closed.

I was going to post Perotti's Pizza, but when I looked up the website it only lists an address in SW Fort Worth. Please tell me the shop in the Grand Marc Building isn't closed.

I work just a few blocks from there.  Haven't heard that it closed.  Will try to drive by and see tomorrow.

I drove by on the way into work this morning, and although they were not open at 8:00 in the morning, they did look like they are still in business.

There are two separate Perotti chains. One owns the TCU and Alta Mesa locations, the other owns the 183/Bryant Irvin location.

There's only one pre-game stop for me, and it's right next to Dutch's

photo(1)_0.JPG

Mem'ries ... misty water-colored mem'ries ...

It's Buff Bros. for me.  I like cold schooners, lots of info (TV's) and an attentive staff.  The boneless wings are tasty lil morsels, too.  Plus, you know what!

Love me some buffalo bros. In fact, I wrote a glowing yelp review for them a few weeks ago. I got so excited writing it I had a few typos.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/buffalo-brothers-fort-worth#hrid:NupulIBLUD2Ijb-zkjMyIQ/src:self

Dutches is normally a post game spot for us.

I completely forgot about that place. Good cheap pizza, cold cheap beer.

Horrible atmosphere though.

Game week!

I haven't been to FW since KState last season.

We get in late Friday. Tailgate Saturday morning, then we are probably gonna hit Buff Bro's or Dutches after the game.

Had not been to Buff Bros. since last football season until this past Saturday (SMU game), and it did not disappoint.  I absolutely love that place.  Great wings,  good pizza, cold beer, and more than enough TVs to watch every game at once.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Had not been to Buff Bros. since last football season until this past Saturday (SMU game), and it did not disappoint.  I absolutely love that place.  Great wings,  good pizza, cold beer, and more than enough TVs to watch every game at once.

Will once again be at Buffalo Bros. for Lunch before the UT tailgating starts!

Anyone who sees this and shows up, I will buy you a beer!

How will we know you?

Be sure to save room for some brisket, you won't regret it. 

How will we know you?

Oh you'll know... Just look for the best looking guy there.

Be sure to save room for some brisket, you won't regret it. 

Don't you worry. I eat a lot.

Oh you'll know... Just look for the best looking guy there.

But if I walked in there to take you up on your offer, you wouldn't be.

Don't you worry. I eat a lot.

That's what worries us.