Sign in to follow this  
Newbomb Turk

Enjoy

http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287966&page=55

"The silver lining for me is that it does not bother me anymore that we did not get into the playoffs as we just proved we did not belong on that stage."

Well, at least one Baylor fan gets it.

"It's another long off season where nobody remembers anything except that we're a gimmicky offense with no defense and we're not worthy. We had a chance to erase that and crapped the bed again. Having said that, we were 11-2 and not many other teams were. << HEY, DIPSHIT, LOOK 100 MILES NORTH! 12-1! >> We had a great year. We aren't there yet. I don't think this will give us the boost we needed in recruiting either, but if Stidham comes back and we come up with a defense, we can be back in this position again. Man, these guys have been breaking my heart for 30 years."

"We are Tech."

I'm actually stunned at the Baylor fans on BF willing to say that TCU would beat MSU like they beat OM, that TCU is the more complete team and would likely win the playoff, that 61-58 means nothing now, that Patterson is the best coach in the nation, that Briles whining was a mistake that makes them look silly now, etc.

I am so proud of how our boys rebounded from the Waco collapse and let their play do their talking through the rest of it all. I love this team.

I'm actually stunned at the Baylor fans on BF willing to say that TCU would beat MSU like they beat OM, that TCU is the more complete team and would likely win the playoff, that 61-58 means nothing now, that Patterson is the best coach in the nation, that Briles whining was a mistake that makes them look silly now, etc.

I am so proud of how our boys rebounded from the Waco collapse and let their play do their talking through the rest of it all. I love this team.

The TCU vs. Baylor debate is settled. Body of work and bowl win beat head-to-head. What a season!

And from ShaggyBevo:

"I stand by my stance that TCU should have been ranked ahead of Baylor at the end of the regular season regardless of the head-to-head. Clearly the better team."

And the reply:

"Way to go out on a limb there."

Big 12 looks better by not declaring BU the champ.

The whole thing was stupid. Why would the commissioner voluntarily eliminate one of the two teams being considered, especially the team ranked ahead. The teams had the same conference record. Briles is an idiot. Bless the football gods for smiting him today ...

The whole thing was stupid. Why would the commissioner voluntarily eliminate one of the two teams being considered, especially the team ranked ahead. The teams had the same conference record. Briles is an idiot. Bless the football gods for smiting him today ...

Isn't that criteria fr making that decision written into the bylaws?  Does the commissioner even have the ability to declare a champion under these circumstances?

Isn't that criteria fr making that decision written into the bylaws? Does the commissioner even have the ability to declare a champion under these circumstances?

No he does not. Baylor was being intentionally deceptive and they know it.

Coach managed the emotional part perfectly. Not only did he look like a gentleman, but he got heads screwed on right. When I said he protected the emotional investment, he didn't let his team or the fan base feel as burned or dejected as Baylor felt and feels right now. 

He just kept right on building. 

As far as the great coach stuff, there is no one better. He didn't run off and look for an easier spot. He's a master builder.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1997-05-20/lifestyle/9705190117_1_dear-abby-lover-woman

In an interview, the actor Ricardo Montalban was asked, ``What is a great lover?'' He replied, ``A great lover is someone who can satisfy one woman her entire lifetime and be satisfied with one woman his entire lifetime. It is not someone who goes from woman to woman; any dog can do that.''

Coach managed the emotional part perfectly. Not only did he look like a gentleman, but he got heads screwed on right. When I said he protected the emotional investment, he didn't let his team or the fan base feel as burned or dejected as Baylor felt and feels right now.

He just kept right on building.

As far as the great coach stuff, there is no one better. He didn't run off and look for an easier spot. He's a master builder.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1997-05-20/lifestyle/9705190117_1_dear-abby-lover-woman

In an interview, the actor Ricardo Montalban was asked, ``What is a great lover?'' He replied, ``A great lover is someone who can satisfy one woman her entire lifetime and be satisfied with one woman his entire lifetime. It is not someone who goes from woman to woman; any dog can do that.''

So Coach Patterson knows how to make love to us?

This bowl season could not possibly have gone better

I would have liked to see tamu go down, wiscy get beat, Minnesota win and would have liked tOSU to get pasted but other than that, FSU getting pounded, our huge win, the baylor meltdown are all good.  Boise beating Arizona was a plus in my book.  Would like to have seen ut and OU win for conference respectability....and more of the b10 teams lose.