Sign in to follow this  
PurpleDawg

The Music Thread

It's Mrs. @Zebra Frog's lucky day! (Sorry I forgot to post this yesterday.) The ALW show this weekend is CATS!

You're invited to the Jellicle Ball this Friday 15th May - For 24 hours in the UK and 48 hours in all other countries! Andrew Lloyd Webber's CATS, the most famous musical of all time, first exploded onto the West End stage in 1981. 'Memory', one of its many classic songs, became an instant worldwide hit. Since then CATS has smashed records and conquered the world. Using the latest technology, all the excitement, thrill, romance and intimacy of this theatrical legend has been captured on screen. Breathtaking visuals and full digital sound (that has been completely re-recorded with a seventy piece orchestra) will leave you deep into the mysterious world of CATS as you've never seen it before -- more intoxicating and magical than you could possibly imagine. With a star cast including Elaine Paige and Sir John Mills.

It was a good show! 👆  Elaine Paige did a smash up job on Memory. I even got teary eyed. Loved the guy who sang the part of Rum Tum Tugger cat. He was a great dancer, too. Overall it was a solid production. However, a couple of times one could be forgiven being confused thinking it was West Side Story or Saturday Night Fever during the dancing numbers with the lighting and whatnot. But, still very enjoyable. You can watch it until 11:00am ET tomorrow (I think that's the right time...check the link).

That was my first time to see it.  Except for The one song, it was meh.  In fact I sell asleep duRing it about 3 times.

Elaine Page was credible, but if you look at how Betty Buckley sings it at the end, you will realize that there are no comparisons to her.  
Bottom line, I can appreciate the performances of the cast members, but I was disappointed. 

8 hours ago, Feeling Froggy said:

I yell that line pretty much daily at other drivers here.

I thought you yelled, "Go back to California!"

2 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

I thought you yelled, "Go back to California!"

I am not that polite. My outbursts involve their lineage, various objects that should be inserted into various places of their bodies, and interesting ways for them to remove themselves from the rest of the living. Telling them where to go is reserved only for when I am feeling very generous; and it usually doesn't involve California.

• Haha  (+1) 1

@Zebra Frog I think our musicals are over. :(  I looked up ALW's Twitter account and it looks like he made a "thank you for watching and donating to the fund, but now we're done" post. Too bad, but it was fun while it lasted. I'll keep my eyes open in case I'm wrong.

• Sad 1