Sign in to follow this  
PurpleDawg

The Music Thread

50 minutes ago, Feeling Froggy said:

Learn something new every day... Linsdey Buckingham drops an f-bomb before the first note is played on "The Chain". It is very, very faint, and you have to have the volume cranked, but it is there... At least on vinyl copies.

Speaking of f-bombs in classic rock, how come the f-bombs in Who Are You are never bleeped out on radio?  Even in my youth, I remember hearing it and thinking Roger must certainly be saying something else, but he's not ...

7 minutes ago, Duquesne Frog said:

Speaking of f-bombs in classic rock, how come the f-bombs in Who Are You are never bleeped out on radio?  Even in my youth, I remember hearing it and thinking Roger must certainly be saying something else, but he's not ...

Grace Slick is still one of my heroes... (And the FCC is not.)

Don't listen to any of the critics who obviously saw a different movie. Go see Bohemian Rhapsody. Now.

I may skip Aida to watch it again today before the game...though that might make today too much of an emotional roller coaster when the Frogs lose again.

I really don't remember going to a movie where about a third of the audience were openly crying with tears of joy and sadness for most of the movie. Even men. And applauded the movie at the end.

Do see it in IMAX for the sound even more than the visuals. The soundtrack is simply awesome. The cinematography, BTW, is also pretty good, though.

8 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

I'm just anxious for this week to be over so my mailbox isn't filled with political junk every. stinking. day. It goes straight into the recycle bin without getting a look.

Yeah. I guess your recycle bags will be full. There's certainly something to be said for 5/6 week or so campaigns like you see in the parliamentary system to my mind anyway.

That said I have always found that May song extremely well written and the group performance with ~6 mins of straight a capella followed by 2 minutes of instrumentals blending into instrument plus voices very creative. 

And the entire work meaningful. Worth listening to any time not just now.

On 11/3/2018 at 7:25 AM, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

Don't listen to any of the critics who obviously saw a different movie. Go see Bohemian Rhapsody. Now.

I may skip Aida to watch it again today before the game...though that might make today too much of an emotional roller coaster when the Frogs lose again.

I really don't remember going to a movie where about a third of the audience were openly crying with tears of joy and sadness for most of the movie. Even men. And applauded the movie at the end.

Do see it in IMAX for the sound even more than the visuals. The soundtrack is simply awesome. The cinematography, BTW, is also pretty good, though.

Fantastic movie. I loved it. Everybody in the theater loved it. It's a massive hit. Screw the critics.