Sign in to follow this  
Friskyfrog

If you could see any band from any era...

Original Guns and Roses

This is the correct answer.  Original GNR, Appetite era, and I'd have to have guaranteed proof that Axel shows up, but that would be incredible.

This is the correct answer. Original GNR, Appetite era, and I'd have to have guaranteed proof that Axel shows up, but that would be incredible.

Axl. And it was a great show.

Gonna go with The Kingston Trio (technically not a band I suppose).  Would also enjoy a little PP&M and The Statler Brothers (in their prime).  Now I would love to go back a few years and catch a Vocal Majority concert with Acoustix.  But to top them all, I would turn back time and tragedy to hear Jim Reeves perform live:  there's a family connection there but still love to listen to his music.  1970's era would be Boston.  1980's era would be KISS, Def Leppard, and Duran Duran.

Welcome, Super Toad! Happy you could join us!!

Glad to be here! And glad to be in a place rid of trolls and ridiculous admins.

Colorado?

Yup! We go to Boulder every year, but I've never had the chance to go to Red Rocks for a concert.

And Smooth, this is what Red Rocks looks like.

Red_Rocks_1_1573.jpg

4707073599_dd8c81477e.jpg

I would give 5 years of my life to see The Shmenge Brothers and their band The Happy Wanderers in concert just one more time.

I owned the place until the oil industry went tits up in 1984.  It was a small place and the only names you "might" recognize would be Charlie Sexton, Billy Joe Shaver and Ft Worth's own...... The Juke Jumpers.  Charlie Sexton was only 16 years old and could play like a pro.  He was billed as Little Charlie and the Eager Beaver Boys.

I really enjoyed Charlie Sexton's stuff back in the day.  I was surprised he didn't become more widely known.  Texas has produced a lot of really great guitarists.  Many have flown under the radar.  Gary Myrick is a guy that, I felt, never got his due recognition.

Another great Texas guitarist was Darrell Abbott (Diamond Darrell--->Dimebag Darrell).  I recall having Pantera's first couple of albums way back in the early 80's before they changed to a much harder rock and made it big.  I think they were from Pantego, IIRC.  I think most of their diehard fans try to ignore those first two albums from the Metal Blade record label.  They were more glam rock, like Ratt or other contemporaries. 

They were more glam rock, like Ratt or other contemporaries.

Careful around these guys. Get in their way, they'll put you on your shell.*

ratt.jpg

*most rediculous rock-n-roll claim ever. Frankly, I'd be more worried about pissing off Bananarama than these Sallies.

Another great Texas guitarist was Darrell Abbott (Diamond Darrell--->Dimebag Darrell).  I recall having Pantera's first couple of albums way back in the early 80's before they changed to a much harder rock and made it big.  I think they were from Pantego, IIRC.  I think most of their diehard fans try to ignore those first two albums from the Metal Blade record label.  They were more glam rock, like Ratt or other contemporaries. 

They used to hang across the street from Arlington High when I went there. 

They used to hang across the street from Arlington High when I went there. 

Hitting on the high school chicks??

Gonna go with The Kingston Trio (technically not a band I suppose).  Would also enjoy a little PP&M and The Statler Brothers (in their prime).  Now I would love to go back a few years and catch a Vocal Majority concert with Acoustix.  But to top them all, I would turn back time and tragedy to hear Jim Reeves perform live:  there's a family connection there but still love to listen to his music.  1970's era would be Boston.  1980's era would be KISS, Def Leppard, and Duran Duran.

Yeah, not really a band, but the original Kingston Trio was damn good. Also the Limelighters and yes, the Statlers in their prime...

Yeah, not really a band, but the original Kingston Trio was damn good. Also the Limelighters and yes, the Statlers in their prime...

In addition to being awesome for teaching me how to drive in his Austin Healy, my former brother-in-law introduced me to Kingston Trio music.

Hitting on the high school chicks??

I just remember walking out with my buddy one day and he said there's Darrell and Vinnie Paul and they were usually there. It didn't mean much at the time. I'd probably enjoy talking to them about Forum 303 Mall and other stuff in Arlington that got torn down if DD was here, may he rest in peace.

Yup! We go to Boulder every year, but I've never had the chance to go to Red Rocks for a concert.

And Smooth, this is what Red Rocks looks like.Red_Rocks_1_1573.jpg4707073599_dd8c81477e.jpg

I live in Boulder. Luv it--even the looney tunes lefties.

I've seen a couple of concerts broadcast from Red Rocks.  Would love to attend one there.

I've seen a couple of concerts broadcast from Red Rocks. Would love to attend one there.

I have the U2 concert and the Dave Matthews Band concert on DVD. Looks like a really cool place.

Careful around these guys. Get in their way, they'll put you on your shell.*ratt.jpg

*most rediculous rock-n-roll claim ever. Frankly, I'd be more worried about pissing off Bananarama than these Sallies.

Who said that in the first place?

I would happily watched the Kingston Trio or the Statlers. My dad was big fans of both

Who said that in the first place?

TCUDoc mentioned the band Ratt. The quote is from their song "Round and Round."

TCUDoc mentioned the band Ratt. The quote is from their song "Round and Round."

Oh. I remember the song well, but I guess the lyrics never stuck with me

Best show I have seen lately was Mumford & Sons at the Greek Theatre in Berkley. Amazing. One that I've never seen but always been into is Petty. Some people aren't really into him, but I think it would be a fun live show if he's on.

My no-brainer answer is Van Halen, but KISS, Stevie Ray Vaughn, AC/DC, The Who and The Stones would all be great as well.

I've seen VH 5 times. With Roth and Hagar. Stones twice. SRV once.

Zeppelin would be the clear #1 for me. REM and U2 would be in the top 5 with AC/DC and then Dire Straits, with The Clash / Sex Pistols after that.

Def Leppard would have been good, too.

Forgot about Ozzy and Judas Priest.

If it was 1978, Kiss would be at the top.