Sign in to follow this  
Friskyfrog

If you could see any band from any era...

Aereo-Plain Band with John Hartford, Vassar Clemments, Norman Blake, Tut Taylor, and Randy Scruggs, would be my number 1 choice. 

a few others

Grateful Dead original lineup with Pigpen McKernan

Grateful Dead with Brent Mydland

Old and in the Way

Newgrass Revival

Flatt and Scruggs

Early Rolling Stones. Pink Floyd over much of their career.

It warms my soul that in 30 posts no one has mentioned a certain palindromic 4 letter word band.

I saw Mamma Mia. If I never hear another one of their songs, it will be too soon.

And after thinking about it some more, I think I'd add both Elton John and Billy Joel to my list.

A kindred spirit! Welcome!

Disney is pure evil, too???

Haha...actually watching a Disney vacation guide video right now. Taking the wee one to Orlando next Christmas.

Haha...actually watching a Disney vacation guide video right now. Taking the wee one to Orlando next Christmas.

Oh well, it's not like they haven't fooled lots of others. But ask anyone who has worked or them what they think.

Take it back!  Take it back!  He was real, man.

What's next, you're gonna claim The Band Perry should've just been called Perry?

Someone should name their children after band names.

Here's my oldest Steely Dan, the middle child Lynard Skynard, and our youngest Jethro Tull.

Oh well, it's not like they haven't fooled lots of others. But ask anyone who has worked or them what they think.

What does that have to do with my enjoyment of EPCOT?

Slave who don't even feel their chains are the very best kinds of slaves for the owners!

If true, that's a great reason for employees to be mad. I'm a customer, though.

Peter Gabriel before he did the orchestra tour

Sting with his jazz entourage from the late 80's

Van Halen with a DLR in his prime

AC/DC with Bon Scott

James Taylor

Billy Joel with Elton John (Can't believe I never went)

Dave Matthews Band (before the death of Leroi Moore)

Cheap Trick's performance of the Beatles Sgt Pepper's album in it's entirety

Led Zeppelin

Rush at their peak

Queen

Ben Folds Five

AC/DC with Bon Scott

I had a nightmare once that I was Bon Scott.  It was a nightmare because I was Bon Scott while he was dying.  My last thought in the dream was that people would think I died from Alcohol instead of murder.  :ph34r:

I had a nightmare once that I was Bon Scott.  It was a nightmare because I was Bon Scott while he was dying.  My last thought in the dream was that people would think I died from Alcohol instead of murder.  :ph34r:

Is there a conspiracy theory about this that I don't know about?

Is there a conspiracy theory about this that I don't know about?

Not that I'd ever heard.  It was a completely random dream that I had several years ago.  I have no idea why that would be even on my mind. 

bon-scott-o.gif

Not that I'd ever heard.  It was a completely random dream that I had several years ago.  I have no idea why that would be even on my mind. 

bon-scott-o.gif

Was it a dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?

Was it a dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?

I had that dream tonight, yesterday, and next Tuesday.

Billy Joel with Elton John (Can't believe I never went)

Been to three of their dueling piano concerts.  Awesome!  But, time and age has taken its toll on both performers.

Been to three of their dueling piano concerts.  Awesome!  But, time and age has taken its toll on both performers.

Funniest moment I ever saw at a concert -

Billy Joel playing the AAC a few years back.  Gray, balding and fat.

"Hi - Billy couldn't make it tonight.  I'm Billy's dad.  He's back in rehab.....'

They fought the law...but did they have any other songs? The Bobby Fuller Four, I mean

Not really.  He was from El Paso.  His girl friend moved to my home town (small).  She got him to come play at our Jr.-Sr. Prom for free that was held in the Sheriff's County Posse Barn, where they hold all the rodeo dances during the rodeo.  She and I dated for a little while, they broke up (not because of me, that's for sure), and one night she found out he had been found dead in Los Angeles.  The mysterious death has never been solved.  She was voted Most Beautiful in high school and ended up marrying one of my best friends, in fact the Best Man at my wedding. 

I'm surprised anybody remembered that song/him, but the dance was a blast and he had a great band.  At one time she had at lot of records he had cut before making it with one song.  Who knows what she did with them.

Funniest moment I ever saw at a concert -

Billy Joel playing the AAC a few years back.  Gray, balding and fat.

"Hi - Billy couldn't make it tonight.  I'm Billy's dad.  He's back in rehab.....'

He's used it again @ the concert in Tulsa.  Stick with the lines that work.