Sign in to follow this  
PurpleDawg

TV Thread

Daenarys needs to share her warp speed tech with Jon and Ser Davos

• Haha  (+1) 1

Anyone seen my coffee? I seem to have misplaced it...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha  (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Spoiler

So, anyone else thinking Tyrion really has divided loyalties (as per Sansa)? Since he found out Cersei is pregnant, and therefore there is  a possibility of extending the Lannister family line, he seems to be trying to delay the conflict, at least until the child is delivered. Let's go off and fight in the north, let's go to Dragonstone, let's do anything but attack King's Landing. Cersei is letting civilians into the Red Keep to use as human shields, which perfectly plays to Tyrion's advice to Daenerys to avoid civilian casualties. And was there a leak that the dragons were making a completely unnecessary trip to Dragonstone, so Euron could ambush them there? Is that why Cersei passed up the chance to have her archers kill the despised little brother when he was in range? I'd hate to see Peter Dinklage get his head chopped off, but it does seem in line with the way GOT rolls.

Spoiler

I think Tyrion's problem is that he's basically just a good guy. He really doesn't want all those people of KL to die because two crazy, vengeful women (which is a trope I hate they've resorted to in this show) feel the need to one-up each other either with fire or a crazy pirate/mercenary soldiers. He's done all he could to stop both of them. Whether or not he wants to see his family's line continue is off the table now with the execution of Missandei. She was a friend to him also and Cersei killed her just to provoke Dany. I think both the Lannister brothers will be on a mission now to end their sister. Jaime didn't leave Brienne to go back to his lover, Cersei. He left her to stop his sister. Tyrion will still counsel restraint so the KL people won't suffer, but he won't care if his sister lives in the end.

I think the reason Cersei didn't kill Tyrion at the parley was because Missandei was a much more effective execution to get at Dany than Tyrion. And, the writers probably have something else planned for him.

The thing that bugged me about that scene was the new landscape of KL. It has somehow gained quite an expansive beach where it didn't have one before. If you take a look at the old map in the intro (comparison with the new intro here), you'll see that the Red Keep sat right on Blackwater Bay. Now, they've changed the map so that it's been moved well inland. I guess global warming got Westeros, too.

Safe for you, Twang. ☝️

52 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:
  Hide contents

I think Tyrion's problem is that he's basically just a good guy. He really doesn't want all those people of KL to die because two crazy, vengeful women (which is a trope I hate they've resorted to in this show) feel the need to one-up each other either with fire or a crazy pirate/mercenary soldiers. He's done all he could to stop both of them. Whether or not he wants to see his family's line continue is off the table now with the execution of Missandei. She was a friend to him also and Cersei killed her just to provoke Dany. I think both the Lannister brothers will be on a mission now to end their sister. Jaime didn't leave Brienne to go back to his lover, Cersei. He left her to stop his sister. Tyrion will still counsel restraint so the KL people won't suffer, but he won't care if his sister lives in the end.

I think the reason Cersei didn't kill Tyrion at the parley was because Missandei was a much more effective execution to get at Dany than Tyrion. And, the writers probably have something else planned for him.

The thing that bugged me about that scene was the new landscape of KL. It has somehow gained quite an expansive beach where it didn't have one before. If you take a look at the old map in the intro (comparison with the new intro here), you'll see that the Red Keep sat right on Blackwater Bay. Now, they've changed the map so that it's been moved well inland. I guess global warming got Westeros, too.

Safe for you, Twang. ☝️

Spoiler

I noticed that King's Landing seems to be almost in a desert now. That isn't right. I wonder where they shot the scene and why they chose that location?

King's Landing has always been shot in Dubrovnik, Croatia. They base the Red Keep exterior on the city walls of the ancient town.

I thought I had posted this official video of the more in-depth making of the episode. They have done one of these for each episode this season. You should look them up because they bring a lot of insight into what the director and the rest of the production crew are going for with some of what they do. They talk about the final scene of the episode and the challenge they had with the height of the wall.

Spoiler

I think I've done a 180 on my Tyrion theory.

Spoiler

Because in the books he's not a nice guy, he's written as a villain. At his trial for Joffrey's murder he tells the KL people who are there, "I should have let you die", or words to that affect, when speaking about his saving the city from Stannis at the Battle of Blackwater Bay. I think the show has done him a disservice for portraying him as a drunken oaf in the first couple of episodes in season 1 and then reformed him up until these last several episodes when he's been giving Dany really terrible advice. I also remember he told Catlyn Stark something like, "Always bet on my family" when he was her prisoner. The show writers love to hark back to those type of foreshadowing statements. I'm not sure how things will go down exactly, but I'm starting to have my doubts about Tyrion coming out of this thing smelling like a rose. And, I'm keeping in mind Sansa's lessons at the hand of Littlefinger. I think she'll have a part to play if Tyrion goes down. Remember Arya said, "She's the smartest person I know" when talking about her sister to Jon.

I'm still holding out my hope for Jaime. I'll be really disappointed if they screw up his redemption.

Aaron Rodgers is supposed to appear in this week's episode...

46 minutes ago, Rothbardian said:

Aaron Rodgers is supposed to appear in this week's episode...

Wouldn't surprise anyone.

Anyone care to take a shot at who dies in the penultimate episode of GOT tomorrow? 

1. Grey Worm, taking a pile of Cersei hemchmen with him.

2. Drogon, breaking the ceiling of the Iron Throneroom in the process. Can't have dragons roaming around when the story is over.

3. The Mountain, loser of the Clegane Bowl.

4. Varys, although his dying in this foreign country might come in the last episode. In either case, first we need a scene where he expounds on how everything that has happened was due to his behind-the-scenes machinations, or Littlefinger's.

5. And …. ohhhhhhhhhhhhh noooooooooooo … Arya.

I've been spoiled, so I'm not saying. 🤐

39 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

I've been spoiled, so I'm not saying. 🤐

I will cut you. 

• Haha  (+1) 1

1 hour ago, frogtwang said:

I will cut you. 

I know and I'm scared of you.

• Haha  (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

I know and I'm scared of you.

It’s always the quiet ones... 

• Haha  (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, frogtwang said:

It’s always the quiet ones... 

You...

35fc295081bba13ccf44a26b93b67a67.png

If you think D&D have screwed up GOT since the book material ran out, you may be dismayed to learn they're coming to a galaxy far, far away in 2022.

Once Game of Thrones ends forever on May 19, showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss will move on to a galaxy far, far away and begin making a new Star Wars trilogy for Disney. So far, there’s been next to nothing in the way of news about the dynamic duo’s new gig, but a rumor from fan site Star Wars News Net is gaining traction.

https://winteriscoming.net/2019/03/20/david-benioff-dan-weiss-star-wars-trilogy-rumored-set-old-republic-era/

Spoiler

I feel sorry for all those kids named Khaleesi now. Stupid parents. FINISH THE CHARACTER ARC BEFORE NAMING YOUR CHILD!

Oh, no. That happened way back here for me.

Spoiler

GameofThrones-s07e05-3.jpg

Euron, pointless. White horse into the sunset, come on really?  We waited 2 years for this? What a let down.